Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Old 08-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

I think these deathcore bands are tired of getting made fun of by fans at death metal shows, so now their starting to tour with their own kind instead of ruining perfectly good death metal shows
Old 08-14-2010, 03:03 AM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

I... I saw Suicide Silence once.

They were direct support for Nile a few years ago.

I'm so sorry... please hold me
10/15 - Amon Amarth, Sabaton
Old 08-14-2010, 05:33 AM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by girnny777 View Post
I... I saw Suicide Silence once.

They were direct support for Nile a few years ago.

I'm so sorry... please hold me
It's ok, I went through the same experience, they opened for Megadeth....It was awful..
Old 08-14-2010, 08:40 AM
N00B

I had to sit through these assholes, they somehow played between Carcass and Samael
Old 08-14-2010, 11:58 AM
N00B

I have never seen suicide silence and can proudly say I will never go see them my hate for that band made me pass on Nile and the faceless a few years back.

But best DM show I had the expierience of seeing: Nile, Napalm death, strapping young lad and the berzerker it was violence personifide and some poor chap got his eye socket broken it was spectacular!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:03 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by venerialdisease View Post
I have never seen suicide silence and can proudly say I will never go see them my hate for that band made me pass on Nile and the faceless a few years back.

But best DM show I had the expierience of seeing: Nile, Napalm death, strapping young lad and the berzerker it was violence personifide and some poor chap got his eye socket broken it was spectacular!!!
I hit that tour - wasnt dark tranquility on the bill as well?
Old 08-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
I hit that tour - wasnt dark tranquility on the bill as well?
I have a shirt from that tour. I didn't go, and my brother didn't go, but somehow I have a shirt from it that's too big for me. Dark Tranquillity was on it I believe, it listed all the bands on the back of the shirt.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
It's ok, I went through the same experience, they opened for Megadeth....It was awful..
Dude, the worst part about it was the fans. The Faceless played right before them and had a pit going which was pissing off all the scene fags. Of course, right in front of me is some fatass tough guy and his short, pudgy, dumbass looking girlfriend taking pictures. Someone in the pit was knocked into us and knocked her around. She turns to her boyfriend and says "God, fucking metalheads..." and made her boyfriend put his arms around her so she could stand perfectly still and take more pictures. WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT A METAL SHOW IF YOU ARE GOING TO BITCH ABOUT METALHEADS?

And then right after SS played the lead singer went to men's room (wrong room, m i rite?) and some faggot scene kid took a picture with him and said "The grindcore scene is getting so big because of you guys."

I locked myself in the stall and wept quietly til Nile went on.
10/15 - Amon Amarth, Sabaton
Old 08-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:

And then right after SS played the lead singer went to men's room (wrong room, m i rite?) and some faggot scene kid took a picture with him and said "The grindcore scene is getting so big because of you guys."

Reminds me of when I saw Behemoth/JFAC/Gojira and right after JFAC finished some drunk mexican was like "JOB FOR A COWBOY IS MY FAVORITE DEATH METAL BAND!"
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 08-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Dude, the worst part about it was the fans. The Faceless played right before them and had a pit going which was pissing off all the scene fags. Of course, right in front of me is some fatass tough guy and his short, pudgy, dumbass looking girlfriend taking pictures. Someone in the pit was knocked into us and knocked her around. She turns to her boyfriend and says "God, fucking metalheads..." and made her boyfriend put his arms around her so she could stand perfectly still and take more pictures. WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT A METAL SHOW IF YOU ARE GOING TO BITCH ABOUT METALHEADS?

Similar exp here.

When I saw SS (ugh I hate saying that I saw them) there were maybe 400 people in the floor at the time (more came when Machine Head and Megadeth came on haha). Atleast 100 of them were only there for Suicide Silence. Right as I got into the floor, 4 douches (all wearing SS shirts ) were all over me like "Were here for SS, who are you here for? Megadeth?" and I didn't want to be a dick or anything so I just decided to ask if they were staying for Megadeth. They said "Naw, I'm hoping I'm wasted by then!" . One band that played before SS said "If you guys want to mosh, this is the time to do it" so these 2 scene fags completely whammed into each other, 1 of them pushing me out of the way to do so (although luckly that guy made some space and I went forward, eventualy I got right behind the rail for Megadeth, being small and people thinking that you're like 12 does wonders). I saw another guy get completely tackled by a scene kid and pushed back a few rows, not cool. Oh and there were these two 9 year olds that kept on twirling around during SS, and before the bands started playing these scene girls just pig squealing the whole time.

Terrible experience, but there was some humor.