Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO-- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 08-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
BTW, Scott, a good friend of mine is moving to Ann Arbor. If I'm ever in the neighborhood, let's grab a beer
For real, man -- let me know if/when you're ever planning to swing through.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
The reason everyone thought hair metal sucked is because they were all third rate knock-off's of Van Halen. Androgeny(sp?) might have a hand in it, but it was ultimately a small piece of the puzzle. David Lee Roth was of course one of the best frontmen of all time, but he wore some downright gay shit. That's not an insult, it's the truth. Richard Simmons, Liberace, Freddy Mercury and Tom Cruise would look at one of his typical outfits of the 80's and exclaim "Jesus cum-guzzling christ that's gay!" But I digress.

The hairbands sucked not only because, well...their music sucks, but they were all carbon copies of what came before. The lead singer was always doing something "outrageous" the guitarist was always a souless technical wizard who can tap six ways to sunday, it was all a formula, which like all formulas would get old very quickly. I guarantee that if tommorow the mainstream market flooded with Immortal and Bathory knockoff's people would get sick of that shit by the end of the year.

I also agree with kids being spiteful little poopnuggets who constantly contradict out of spite. In my not so educated opinion, there are two ways of dealing with this:

1) Come in the room dancing and lip-synching to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKDhRSShZkg

2) or they are clearly not feeling the sting of the pimp hand. You should do something about that.
I dunno. You say it's not an insult, but I can't fathom what would make an outfit somehow objectively "gay". Care to elaborate, or should we just move on?

Also -- there are a million crummy bands like Puddle of Mudd and Three Doors Down and Godsmack which are all bullshit carbon copies of the first wave grunge bands of the early 90s, and none of them have ever been reviled half as much as hair metal. So there's got to be more to hair-metal-hate than the fact that Van Halen got there first.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

"Yeah the music is horrible.. that's why Appetite For Destruction is the best selling debut album in the US and Bon Jovi is still selling out arenas/stadiums worldwide 20 years after their heyday."

The jackass who wrote this comment posts on Sludge and he is a faggot asshole troll. I so wish I could reach through my computer screen and strangle him.

Last edited by JRA; 08-11-2010 at 09:22 PM.