Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 AM
Headbanger

Mayhem Fest -- Camden, NJ -- July 23rd, 2010

What a fun day. We arrived at the venue at 11:am. They parked us right next to Shadows Fall's Tour Bus so I knew it was going to be a fun day. Busted out the coolers, cracked a beer and got ready to start loading gear on the stage. Only the 2 opening bands get sound checks so as we rolled the gear up we heard Norma Jean playing. I wandered over and checked them out. They played 2 new songs and both sounded great.

Went back to the truck and saw the guys from God Forbid talking to Brian Fair. I talked to Corey and he invited us to the "family" party while the main stage bands were playing. Very cool but I really wanted to see some of those bands. Me and my buddy set up the merch tent. We were in between Shadows Fall and 3 Inches of Blood. A huge gust of wind came and took out 3 of the tents next to us. We fixed them but they kept blowing over. Note to bands: When you have groupies manning your tents, they usually don't give a shit. After a while a jager guy came up and made some calls to get it taken care of.

Went and listened to my boys Beyond the Scar do their soundcheck. Sounded powerful as all hell. With everything set up it was relax and mingle time. Met Maria Brink while she was walking her dog. She didn't have make up on so I didn't want to hound her for a pic. By the time I saw her again I was too drunk/dehydrated to remember... doh! Randy Blythe was crusing around on a 4 wheeler, meeting people and taking people for rides. The Jager girls were the hottest I've ever seen in Camden. Very cool. They kept replenishing the Rockstar water cans and I must have drank 15 of them. Probably the smartest thing I did all day.

Norma Jean kicked the show off. They killed it. I was busy setting up the video camera to tape BTS so I listened to them but was at the Jager sound board getting ready. At 2:25 BTS hit the stage and killed it. The biggest crowd they've ever played in front of and the circle pit during Unannounced was EPIC! Took some great pics and can't wait to see video of the show. At least 20 people made the trek from MD to see them so it was cool to have familiar faces there.

We broke down while Shadows Fall were bringing their gear up and all went back to the truck. We killed a celebratory bottle of jager then went to the merch tent for signings and to meet people. I caught the last 2 songs of 3 Inches of Blood and went backstage to jam out to Shadows Fall. I pretty much ignored the Silver Star stage for a few hours focusing on the jager bands and venturing around backstage.

Chimaira killed it. Hatebreed were incredible and had the place in a frenzy then In This Moment played. They were better than I would have thought. The all-girl circle pit was kinda cool and Maria Brink is hot when going ballistic on stage. I watched about half of their set then went and hung in the Jager tent watching the signings and hanging with the girls.

Killed another bottle of Jager, packed up and headed into the venue. Timed it perfectly as FFDP had just ended. It was hot as hellfire in that pavillion though. I bought 2 $4.50 bottles of water and poured 1 over my head and drank the other. It was the 1st money I spent so I couldn't bitch but the heat was tough to take down there.

Lamb of God killed it, just wish they played longer. Zombie was incredible. Visually stunning stage show. Joey Jordison on drums was a total beast. I used to think he was overrated but after that spectacle I might think otherwise. Why people aren't raving about him in other reviews is beyond me. The 3 drummers on the main stage absolutely stole the show for me. Ray Luzier in Korn was bad ass too. He has this huge spiral thing behind him that creates this crazy echo sound. His solo during Somebody, Someone made that song one of the highlights of the night for me. Korn were great and I was able to sit and rest during the 2 new songs which was cool.

We trekked back to the backstage area which was just a sea of plastic bottles and cans. I was done drinking at this point so I grabbed a water and headed over to the "family" party. I wish I wasn't so sore and could just hang out but my feet hurt so bad I had to go chill in the ac in the truck.

If we didn't have Bumper Bash the next day we would have hit the strip clubs again but we went back to the hotel and crashed. One of my favorite concert experiences ever.

Korn:

Right Now
Twist
Here to Stay
Did My Time
Oildale (Leave Me Alone)
Falling Away From Me
Somebody Someone w/ Ray Luzier Drum Solo
Let the Guilt Go
Freak on a Leash
Blind
Shoots and Ladders / One
Clown
Got The Life

Rob Zombie:

What Lurks On Channel X?
Superbeast
Scum of the Earth
Living Dead Girl
More Human Than Human
Sick Bubble-Gum
House of 1000 Corpses
Joey Jordison Drum Solo
Never Gonna Stop (The Red, Red Kroovy)
Mars Needs Women
Thunder Kiss '65 / School's Out
John 5 Guitar Solo
Dragula

Lamb of God:

The Passing
In Your Words
Set to Fail
Walk With Me In Hell
Now You've Got Something To Die For
Laid to Rest
Redneck
Black Label

In This Moment:

Just Drive
Blazin'
Beautiful Tragedy
The Promise
The Gun Show
Daddy's Falling Angel

Hatebreed:

Everyone Bleeds Now
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Smash Your Enemies
Perseverance
To the Threshold
Defeatist
Destroy Everything
Proven
Last Breath
Doomsayer
Live For This
I Will Be Heard

Chimaira:

Black Heart
Pleasure In Pain
Power Trip
Secrets of the Dead
Resurrection
Pure Hatred

Shadows Fall:

King of Nothing
War
Thoughts Without Words
Still I Rise
The Power of I and I
Bark at the Moon
The Light That Blinds

Beyond The Scar:

Separate and Divide
Reap What You Sow
The Mirror Reflects
Ruination
Unannounced
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Old 07-28-2010, 05:48 PM
things are more than just what you see

sounds like you had a pretty cool time man.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 07-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Headbanger

Manning the Merch Tent

Beyond The Scar wrecking shit!

Randy Blythe crusing around

Chimaira

Maria Brink walking her dog

Hatebreed

Dayum!

6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
Old 07-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
sounds like you had a pretty cool time man.
Yeah man I know people call Camden, NJ the armpit of America but we always have fun there. My boy Kory from BTS has a great connection at Jager and they really hook their bands up. What a class organization.
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 AM
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Maria Brink walking her dog
Haha.
She is so hot

It annoys me that Korn are opening with Right Now again, it's just done it's time as the opener for too long. Open with Oildale again please guys!

Oh, and when you come to the UK, play Fear is a Place to Live, Pop a Pill and The Past? Cheers
Old 07-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Headbanger

I'd rather hear Twist then Chi. That would be great to bring back that opener. They totally ignore Life is Peachy...
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael515616 View Post
It annoys me that Korn are opening with Right Now again, it's just done it's time as the opener for too long. Open with Oildale again please guys!
What? Right Now is an awesome opener. Oildale would be a godawful opener. The crowd was absolutely dead during that song in Holmdel last night.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Bobb O)))

goddamn maria brink is smokin
10/4-Melvins
Old 07-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
goddamn maria brink is smokin
I think she can be hot when she tries, but most of time looks greasy.
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 07-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Headbanger

Without make-up on she was kinda plain but when she came back and was made up she looked damn hot. Granted I had killed a shitton of jager and beer by then but she definitely has a sexy way about her.

She was really cool and down to earth. I almost expected her to be a diva but not at all. I did see Ivan Moody talking to her by her bus once and literally threw up in my mouth. Other than that she couldn't have made a better impression on me.
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN

Tags
beyond the scar, chimaira, hatebreed, in this moment, korn, lamb of god, rob zombie, shadows fall