Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 19th, 2014
DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland -- September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014

Old 08-07-2010, 12:24 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
My main disappointment with TNA is that they seem afraid of making any money. They have the money to sign popular former WWE champs like Kurt Angle, RVD and Jeff Hardy and have popular vets like Sting yet a lot of people have no clue who they are. I think they have a better roster and put on more exciting matches than the WWE does right now. But they don't market at all and let people know about them. I'm not saying they should be playing the same arenas WWE does but they should at least be able to play in 5-6 thousand seat arenas with no problem instead of playing at the Impact Zone every week.

Hogan is an "on air athority figure" so I don't mind that he's around. Sting, Nash and Flair do the job of being serviceable verterans. It's not like they're hogging the world title scene anymore so i'm OK with them still being there.

Yes on all of this.

The reason I call TNA the new WCW is not becuse of guys like Sting, Nash, Hogan, Flair... etc, although it is a great point. What I don't like is the fact that they are taking too much of WWE's past talent. And even worse, those are the guys who are winning the title. It seems like every PPV main event is an ex WWE wrestler against a veteren guy, who is also from a previous promotion. All this does is make the WWE look better.

They need to give the belt back to original TNA talent like Styles or Joe. Plus, they need to focus more on the X Division, since that was their real attention getter back when they were underground. And please please please bring back the 6 sided ring! Doesn't really feel like TNA without it.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Yes on all of this.

The reason I call TNA the new WCW is not becuse of guys like Sting, Nash, Hogan, Flair... etc, although it is a great point. What I don't like is the fact that they are taking too much of WWE's past talent. And even worse, those are the guys who are winning the title. It seems like every PPV main event is an ex WWE wrestler against a veteren guy, who is also from a previous promotion. All this does is make the WWE look better.

They need to give the belt back to original TNA talent like Styles or Joe. Plus, they need to focus more on the X Division, since that was their real attention getter back when they were underground. And please please please bring back the 6 sided ring! Doesn't really feel like TNA without it.
I like RVD, but I wouldn't mind Styles being champ.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:38 PM
That Guy

I used to be addicted to wrestling from about 4 years old to 15. Pretty much around the time that Stone Cold left wrestling for the most part is where I stopped caring.

I loved ECW the most. It was real wrestling with guys beating the shit out of each other. It was amazing till WWF bought it.

The day I realized wrestling the fake was the Monday Night Raw that Mae Young gave birth to a hand with Mark Henry. I was scarred for life.

I still have some of my wresting memorabilia, like my Stone Cold Autograph, Hogan Autograph, and a Jesse Ventura doll from he was running for Governor. ut I'm pretty much done with it all.

I tune in once in a while, like last week I seen Kane talking into a Casket saying Rey Mysterio was going to be Buried Alive. I couldn't tell you the story line, but I can't take it seriously.

I never really gave TNA a chance. When I noticed that they got rid of the 6 sided ring, again, I lost all interest.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Slacker

Only been to one wrestling show, smackdown in 2004.
Got backstage and got a few autographs of the guys. Kurt Angle, Torrie wilson among others.
But my most prized wrestling possesion is getting the autograph of the late great Eddie Guerrero
R.I.P.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbolic View Post
Only been to one wrestling show, smackdown in 2004.
Got backstage and got a few autographs of the guys. Kurt Angle, Torrie wilson among others.
But my most prized wrestling possesion is getting the autograph of the late great Eddie Guerrero
R.I.P.
What I like is that all the wrestlers i've meet have all seemed really cool and appreciative of their fans. Especially when I got Chris Benoit's autograph in 2002. He stayed longer than his scheduled time to make sure everyone got an autograph and he was chatting with everyone to. He talked with my brother and I for a few minutes when we went up towards the end of the session.

It's a shame how his life ended though. But looking back on it his character always seemed to be "this close" to going psychotic. So in the end it looks like he really wasn't playing a character but possibly being his true self on screen. Very eerie indeed.

Eddie Guerrero was a lot of fun and always entertaining. Much like Peter Steel from Type O Negative all those years of heavy drug use cut his life short dispite getting clean.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
What I like is that all the wrestlers i've meet have all seemed really cool and appreciative of their fans. Especially when I got Chris Benoit's autograph in 2002. He stayed longer than his scheduled time to make sure everyone got an autograph and he was chatting with everyone to. He talked with my brother and I for a few minutes when we went up towards the end of the session.

It's a shame how his life ended though. But looking back on it his character always seemed to be "this close" to going psychotic. So in the end it looks like he really wasn't playing a character but possibly being his true self on screen. Very eerie indeed.

Eddie Guerrero was a lot of fun and always entertaining. Much like Peter Steel from Type O Negative all those years of heavy drug use cut his life short dispite getting clean.

I was really surprised Beniot went nuts and killed his whole family, he seemed like a really nice guy and defintely not the type to do that.