Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 02-25-2011, 06:45 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTheWalls View Post
I know this is my first post here and some may question the credibility of it, but if you head over to the show-setlists forum on AbsolutePunk you will see I announce tours weeks and months before they are announced a pretty consistent basis.

With doing this, I have a "respect" thing i go by. If the band isn't currently out on a tour or has one coming up before that tour, I will spill the beans (see: Bayside/Silverstein co-headlining tour this spring, Current Parkway Drive tour, Between The Buried And Me/Job For A Cowboy)

I can say the two bands co-headlining this year's summer slaughter HAVE been mentioned in this thread already. Some could argue it is a co-co headliner with the third band that is confirmed to be playing. They are a pretty well respected band, but it is being billed as a co-headliner from my understanding.

Hopefully I can post more about this soon! Don't mean to tease you guys. You might be able to figure it out. Both co-headlining bands are good friends.
Well respected? Sounds pretty good to me.

Are you allowed to reveal the ratio of death metal to deathcore on the lineup this year?
Old 02-25-2011, 12:32 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
Well respected? Sounds pretty good to me.

Are you allowed to reveal the ratio of death metal to deathcore on the lineup this year?
It all depends on your perspective. Over the past 2 days i've also found out an additional 2 bands, so half of the lineup is confirmed/known.

Thus far 3 Death Metal Bands and 2 Deathcore bands. It's a debate whether the one headliner is a deathcore/death metal band. I'm just going to announce the confirmed bands tomorrow night on my radioshow Rock The Walls.

I post a ton of confirmed tours weeks/months before they get announced a lot on my facebook and twitter if you guys want to follow. I also recently have started posting stuff on Tumblr. http://facebook.com/rockthewalls and http://twitter.com/rockthewalls
Old 02-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Apparently Impending Doom is now rumored too. I knew it was a matter of time before a shitty band got rumored for this. They can be my piss/merch break
Old 02-26-2011, 05:53 PM

So according to the radio station, Whitechapel and TBDM are co-headlining. Fleshgod Apocalypse, Dying Fetus, and Darkest Hour are confirmed too.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:15 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Whitechapel and TBDM are co-headlining. .
That's pitiful. That's terrible. That's doo-doo. Ugh, that pisses me off. I look forward to this tour every year, and these guys co-headline? I wouldn't mind seeing these guys on the bill, but co-headlining??!! Not hating on these bands, I just wish there were different bands getting those slots.

2009 saw Necrophagist + Suffocation co-headline. 2010 had Decapitated. This just goes to show that deathcore is becoming bigger and bigger each year.

Don't wanna piss off all your deathcore fans, as I like some deathcore bands myself, but I'm just disappointed. Rant over.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 02-26-2011, 08:32 PM

The Black Dahlia Murder, Dying Fetus, Darkest Hour, Fleshgod Apocalypse, and Skeletonwitch/1349 =

Whitechapel = eh

Impending Doom =
Old 02-26-2011, 08:37 PM

Whitechapel
TBDM
-
Darkest Hour
Dying Fetus
Obscura
Born of Osiris
Skeletonwitch
Misery Index
Impending Doom
Fleshgod Apocalypse

This is my guess on this year's lineup.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Whitechapel
TBDM
-
Darkest Hour
Dying Fetus
Obscura
Born of Osiris
Skeletonwitch
Misery Index
Impending Doom
Fleshgod Apocalypse

This is my guess on this year's lineup.
Replace BOO with After The Burial and swap TBDM after Whitechapel and I think you got yourself a gret guess. I for one, would be fine with that lineup with the exception of Impending Doom.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 02-27-2011, 10:33 AM

7 out of those 10 are pretty much confirmed (if not Skeletonwitch, it will be 1349). I'm curious as to who the other 3 bands will be.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:13 PM

Now that we know most of this year's line-up, i'm gonna shoot an idea out here:

Nile
Behemoth
---
Job For A Cowboy
Immolation
Obscura
After the Burial
Through the Eyes of the Dead
Augury
Revocation
Burning the Masses

I think this would be a good Summer Slaughter lineup. Most of these bands have yet to play the tour, and there's enough here to satisfy both crowds.