Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 PM
That Does Not Make Sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Mags has it right. Jaxx is famous for getting local bands and giving them 25 tickets to sell to their friends. If they don't sell all the tix, they eat the cost and often times wind up paying to play. They must have had bad ticket sales early and panicked to get tickets sold, hence the zillion openers.

My buddy's band was offered to open for Mushroomhead at jaxx and turned down that offer. $18 times 25 tickets plus travel for their group of fans wasn't worth it.
Ah. I think thats prob why Cab Ride Home gets booked at jaxx often, cause they know they can sell those tickets without any real problems (that and they're one of the few good band from that area).
Old 08-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Headbanger

Yeah a band like Anubis Unbound who is big in Baltimore just got put on the Soilwork/Death Angel Tour the same way. They replaced Rest Among Ruins. They know they can easily sell the tickets and in this case it's great exposure for them and a chance to sell their cd's which just came out.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Yeah a band like Anubis Unbound who is big in Baltimore just got put on the Soilwork/Death Angel Tour the same way. They replaced Rest Among Ruins. They know they can easily sell the tickets and in this case it's great exposure for them and a chance to sell their cd's which just came out.
sweet. I'm def a fan of them. Saw them open for DFD on their first reunion show. Also got a 2 song sampler from them when leaving Thrash and Burn last year, so if i have off work, il def go. And it looks like they're actually on the tour for the final few dates, and not just being the baltimore local

Last edited by the chewbacca defense; 08-02-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:12 PM
N00B

Can anyone confirm the ARBR singer situation?

I don't wanna waste my time going to the Douglassville date if they're not even playing anymore because I hate all the other bands.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreac View Post
Can anyone confirm the ARBR singer situation?

I don't wanna waste my time going to the Douglassville date if they're not even playing anymore because I hate all the other bands.
they def have a singer. Hes a bit more high pitched on the screams then the guy on the album, and he did a great job on those songs.