Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 08-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Agrimonia -- Seattle, WA -- July 31st, 2010

I really didn't know what to expect coming into this show, as I didn't know much about most of the bands, but luckily the show exceeded my expectations.

First up was a punk type band called Deathraid. They were alright I guess, not my favorite style of music but they got the show off to a good start.

Next up was the stoner metal band Samothrace. They were good, but me not being high really limited the amount of enjoyment I could have during their set. When the songs got going they were enjoyable, but the 5 minute periods of single droning notes kinda got on my nerves.

Third up was a local grind act called Iron Lung, and they were great. They only had 2 members on stage, but that really didn't seem to take away from their sound. Solid band.

The fourth band up was the band I had come to this show to see, Agrimonia from Sweden. Quite simply, they blew me away. I kept getting goosebumps during their opening song. It seemed like the crowd really didn't know what to expect from them as they got kind of a lukewarm response at first, but by the end of their set it seemed as though people were really digging them. I hope they can make their way back out here again in the near future. Their setlist was:

The Decay
Worms
Leaves Fall Rotten (90% sure it was this one)

After them was a sweet sludge band called Brainoil, and they killed it as well. They genuinely seemed to be having a great time on stage and the crowd really dug them. Very cool band.

And last but not least was Dropdead. Coming into this show I honestly didn't even know what kinda of music these guys played, I thought they were probably just a typical punk/hardcore band. It caught me completely off guard (in the best of ways) when they started playing lightning fast hardcore leaning more in the direction of grindcore and powerviolence. They absolutely tore the place apart and were simply one of the craziest bands I've ever seen live. Almost the entire floor was a pit during their entire set. Fucking awesome.

Overall this show absolutely amazing. Check out these bands if you haven't heard of them.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Fucking Dropdead played on the west coast? WTF? Do they have anymore dates out here? I've always wanted to see them, but I never see live dates posted
Old 08-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

I have no idea, you might want to check out some local venue's calendars or something.

Tags
agrimonia