Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Citatet Citatet is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 68
Two questions about USA in one thread...

Okay!

I am from Sweden and I love USA. But reading on Blabbermouth Iīve come up with two quite easy questions about the States that I hope you could answer.

1. I read that Avenged Sevenfolds newest album will probably reach the top spot on the Billboardlist. But which metalalbum was the latest to reach that spot? Indestructible? All Hope is Gone?


2. Some people tend to diss the audience at Ozzfest quite harsh and says itīs a lot of white-trash at these shows? Is this true? And does metal attract a lot of white trash in the states?

In Sweden white-trash only likes one metalband... ...Metallica!
__________________
1st Jun Wolves in The Throne Room
2nd Jun Rammstein, Volbeat, Slash
12th Jun Kiss
7th Aug: Maiden, Slayer
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-29-2010, 12:27 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,657
Blog Entries: 19
I know AC/DC had a #1 debut when Black Ice came out. I don't know if there have been any since then.

And I think big festival-type tours tend to attract people who go just to hear songs they've heard on the radio, but their main reason is to get drunk and party AKA white trash people.

Hope this helps.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citatet View Post
Okay!

I am from Sweden and I love USA. But reading on Blabbermouth Iīve come up with two quite easy questions about the States that I hope you could answer.

1. I read that Avenged Sevenfolds newest album will probably reach the top spot on the Billboardlist. But which metalalbum was the latest to reach that spot? Indestructible? All Hope is Gone?


2. Some people tend to diss the audience at Ozzfest quite harsh and says itīs a lot of white-trash at these shows? Is this true? And does metal attract a lot of white trash in the states?

In Sweden white-trash only likes one metalband... ...Metallica!

First, I'd like to say I've been to Sweden twice and it fucking owns.

1. Its not unheard of - metallica hits #1, i think lamb of god might have, stuff like that. also, the numbers don't mean all that much, since #1 albums in 2010 sell a pretty small fraction of a #1 in 2001.

2. The more mainstream shows, especially festivals, bring in a lot of trash.
__________________
7/20 QOTSA
7/30 NINSG
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-29-2010, 12:35 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,657
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
First, I'd like to say I've been to Sweden twice and it fucking owns.

1. Its not unheard of - metallica hits #1, i think lamb of god might have, stuff like that. also, the numbers don't mean all that much, since #1 albums in 2010 sell a pretty small fraction of a #1 in 2001.

2. The more mainstream shows, especially festivals, bring in a lot of trash.
Did Lamb of God? I think they might have gotten close, but I dunno if they actually hit #1
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-29-2010, 12:41 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,088
Sweden is indeed a good, fun country to go to. I've been to the Sweden Rock festival the last four years.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,920
New Maiden album will debut at #1. Bruce instructed the audience on every night of the tour to make it happen, and now the masses shall do his bidding.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-29-2010, 01:05 PM
NecroRob's Avatar
NecroRob NecroRob is offline
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 1,028
It seems to me that almost every show (but mainly festivals) that have metalcore bands attract a ton of white trash fans.

BTW, I've been listening to so much Swedeath lately that I really wish I lived there. It seems like I find a new awesome Swedish death metal band every day
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,200
You might be right manks, i think that hit #2. found this stuff googling:

Skid Row's "Slave to the Grind" was the first heavy metal album to ever debut at #1

The only band to have five consecutive albums debut at number one is heavy metal band Metallica.

Only seven bands have achieved three consecutive number one debuts' with studio albums on the Billboard 200; Van Halen, U2, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band, Staind, and most recently Disturbed.
__________________
7/20 QOTSA
7/30 NINSG
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-29-2010, 01:15 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,657
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroRob View Post
It seems to me that almost every show (but mainly festivals) that have metalcore bands attract a ton of white trash fans.

BTW, I've been listening to so much Swedeath lately that I really wish I lived there. It seems like I find a new awesome Swedish death metal band every day
Biggest white trash piece of shit I've encountered at a show that wasn't Ozzfest or Mayhem fest was this bald-headed, wife-beater wearing redneck at the Obituary/Unleashed show a few October's back. He had a giant stupid tattoo on his face too and he kept wanting to fight people if they bumped into his girlfriend while moshing. She was being a dumb ho out on the floor taking pictures of herself and her boyfriend during the show. :I
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-29-2010, 01:17 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Sweden has white trash?! Goddammit, where can I go to escape it?
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008