Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 07-29-2010, 01:32 PM
That Guy

After a few more listen of the album. I think it's great overall, but it leaves a person wanting more. Although I will say Save Me is one of the best songs of 2010. Vocally, and lyrically I don't give a shit but music it's fucking badass!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:49 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
In addition to my previous comment, it's also pretty obvious that these guys have no knowledge of/respect for the metal genre as their little skull and bat wings logo completely rips off Overkill. Overkill does metal infinitely better. They also do the logo infinitely better.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:15 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

I love the record, I really enjoy it. I figured this would come down to a 'argh der not metul' discussion but hey watcha gonna do.

IMO, second best behind City Of Evil, Fiction, Victim and Natural Born Killer are incredible. As is Save Me, some really progressive things going on in this record.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame747 View Post
I agree with everything you just said. I'm beyond disappointed, but not just the song writing. I'm a HUGE Dream Theater fan and I was excited when Mike Portnoy announced he would be playing drums. Yes, I understand that it was a tribute to The Rev and I'm sure he didn't want to overdo it... But come on. The only two songs that I enjoyed the drums on for were Natural Born Killer and Save Me. Don't get me wrong, I understand Avenged Sevenfold and Dream Theater are completely different, but the fans who only care about speed certainly aren't going to go and check out Portnoy's bands now.

And there are quite a lot of people I know that think that The Rev recorded the album. When the hell are the people that I go to school with going to learn the name Mike Portnoy instead of raving about Travis Barker?

And yea, the slower songs are a bit too soft. The only slow one from them I ever really got into was Seize the Day back in my mallcore days.
I'm a big Dream Theater fan as well(forgot to mention that in that quick review earlier) and I agree they really didn't give him much to do here.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Headbanger

Yeah I think my expectations were too high. It's not hateful but With Portnoy on drums I expected to be blown away. Nightmare, Natural Born Killer, God Hates Us & Save Me would all be cool live I think. Natural Born Killer is my favorite song on the cd and probably the song Portnoy had the most influence on.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 11-18-2010, 08:01 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

I never really cared for A7X, but I decided to give this album a chance. Nightmare isn't a bad album at all. Right now my favorite song is Fiction.