Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-20-2010, 09:53 PM
I ♥ Metal

Iron Maiden -- Bristow, VA -- July 20th, 2010

Without a doubt, the most amazing show I have ever been too! This was my first Maiden show and it will certainly not be my last! There is a backstory to this whole ordeal so I guess I'll spill my guts on that.

This probably wouldn't have been such a damn hassle to get to if I wasn't vacationing 7 hrs away in Myrtle Beach, SC. But my dad, being the coolest freaking dad on the planet, was willing to drive me all the way back here to see the show with my friend, so we can return to the beach tomorrow. My dad made this amazing experience possible, horns to him!

To make sure I had a good spot in line, my friend got a ride there from my grandfather, (horns to him too! ). My dad thought he had to stay because of the whole ticketless thing, but he was pretty happy to find out he didn't have to stay there.

There sure is some weird/unique people that show up at these Maiden shows (i'm SURE you know what the fuck I'm talking about). and the dedication that some people have to the band is just astounding! On my way to the parking lot I ran into a dad and his son who had just arrived from India. INDIA!! I thought that was pretty damn cool, since I thought a distance of 4 states was a long ways to go for a concert. Other than that some guys from England and a few other tour stalkers were there to catch another glimpse of their heroes. While waiting a Maiden crew cameraman came out and asked the early birds if they had any messages for the band. The only people who didn't sound completely awkward in theirs was the English people

Anyway, my friend got to Jiffy Lube Live(I miss the name Nissan Pavillion) at about 10:30 and I ended up getting there at about 1:15ish
We waited until the doors opened at 6:30 and as soon I got felt up by security and got my dad's credit card scanned I hauled ass to the pit. My friend was probably about a minute behind me because he's a little bigger but we did end up making the rail pretty much dead center.

Dream theater was great, a really good support band for Maiden if there ever was one. They picked the right songs for their set times and had fun with the crowd. What more can you ask for?

01.As I Am
02.A Rite of Passage
03.Home
04.Constant Motion
05.Panic Attack
06.Pull Me Under

You couldn't measure the excitement running through me as I awaited one of my favorite bands in the world to come one stage. But when they did, the place went insane. Looking back on the experience I can remember pretty much everything. As they blasted into The Wicker Man I knew I was in for something special. I sang along to every lyric with the crazy ass Maiden die hards that I had always heard about but never met. The sweat poured down, my shoulders burned, and the compression against the rail by the persistent asshole behind me made for the most energy I have ever put into one band's performance. I probably could have enjoyed the encore more if my buddy wasn't pressuring me to leave because our ride was getting impatient...... get fucking real. I drove 7 hours with my dad, spent 180 bucks on 2 pit tickets and waited line for hours to get the rail, I wasn't leaving until the last note was played. THIS close to catching one of Nicko's sticks by the way

01.The Wicker Man
02.The Ghost of the Navigator
03.Wrathchild
04.El Dorado
05.Dance of Death
06.The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
07.These Colours Don't Run
08.Blood Brothers
09.Wildest Dreams
10.No More lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

I know I'm gonna help make the new album #1. Because I want Maiden back in the U.S. asap. Stupid enough to miss SBIT, but not anything after

Based on his picture in the General chat forum in the thread about this show, I'm pretty sure I saw IrritatedTrout and that chewbacca dude ended up next to me & my friend in line.
8/15-18 Rootwire Festival
10/11 Neutral Milk Hotel
Old 07-20-2010, 09:56 PM
triturabis primatum

I wish I enjoyed this show as much as everybody else seemed to...

Last edited by BrutalN00dle; 07-20-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:05 PM
N00B

It was an awesome show. Also, nice to see the place packed. UP THE IRONS!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 PM
That Does Not Make Sense!

I think i was the one Bull shitting with the OP the entire time lol.

Oh and to add, after Home, there was a little Iron Maiden jam that Portnoy and Pertucci did (the drum part of run to the hills, some of the Trooper, prob some others) And at the end of Constant Motion, instead of singing his parts, Portnoy sang "RUNNN TO THE HIIIIILS" then 'RUNNNN FOR YOUR LIIIIIFE". It actually fit in quite well i must say.

Oh and i got recoignized for my terrible (but awesome) vocal youtube covers. so much so that i actully got my pic taken twice.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:32 PM
That Does Not Make Sense!

and to promote my own shit (come on, got to)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__AnNHJdVtc
the open of Hallowed be thy name
Old 07-21-2010, 09:08 AM
N00B

Was quite an awesome show. Was funny how just as the opening notes for As I Am started it fucking POURED down raining. I was in section 101 toward the middle, far under the overhang and I got soaked since it was raining sideways. Very nice to see that place packed and I never saw anyone sit down. I think the hotel I stayed at was 100% Maiden fans. Was nice to walk around in the hotel and see everyone from 65 year old grandfathers to 6 year old kids sporting Maiden shirts.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

I love that I arrived at 11:30am and was one of the 1st 25 People in line YET! Because of Paperless tickets I was 3rd row at best, at worst 6th Row.

Why? So it seemed like 3/4 of the people had to have their cards scanned at least 3 times, so it slowed down the line while others were rushing past. So they get to me... I have three tickets, so we walk up and they scan the card... Error... Scan the Card... Error... Scan the Card it prints my tickets... OH WAIT!

It prints tickets 74 and 76, but not 75... How. On. Earth... So I tell my father, who didn't want pit to begin with, to just let my girlfriend and I go while he was forced to go to Customer Service. I had to rip the tickets off the machine myself because the guy running it refused because "You need all three tickets." Clearly I wasn't gonna have any of that.

Honestly, worst thing ever. So me staying out in the sun all day and centering everything around getting there early for Rail was ruined because of Errors... And misprints.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:21 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
I love that I arrived at 11:30am and was one of the 1st 25 People in line YET! Because of Paperless tickets I was 3rd row at best, at worst 6th Row.

Why? So it seemed like 3/4 of the people had to have their cards scanned at least 3 times, so it slowed down the line while others were rushing past. So they get to me... I have three tickets, so we walk up and they scan the card... Error... Scan the Card... Error... Scan the Card it prints my tickets... OH WAIT!

It prints tickets 74 and 76, but not 75... How. On. Earth... So I tell my father, who didn't want pit to begin with, to just let my girlfriend and I go while he was forced to go to Customer Service. I had to rip the tickets off the machine myself because the guy running it refused because "You need all three tickets." Clearly I wasn't gonna have any of that.

Honestly, worst thing ever. So me staying out in the sun all day and centering everything around getting there early for Rail was ruined because of Errors... And misprints.
Jesus fucking christ that whole thing pissed me off. I am gonna have a number of rants in my official topic for this, which I will write later tonight.

It was really fucking cool meeting up with you and Irritated Trout though. That was honestly one of my favorite parts of the whole experience.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:32 PM
N00B

People

Twas a great show-
I was very suspicious of the ticketless entry... and I am sorry to hear about the probs with em so far :/

I at first thought the rain was SFX from Dream Theater... it started like at the exact moment that they went on!

...On a more scandalous note, did anyone else see that redhead with the way too short for public skirt?

Last edited by tenchimyo; 07-21-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: forgot info
Old 07-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Face The Slayer

Just got home it was fucking great! will have my full review in a few.

Tags
iron maiden