Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Iron Maiden -- Burgettstown, PA -- July 14th, 2010

Showed up a little bit before Dream Theater started and found a spot on the lawn with my friends. Not long after Dream Theater started playing. DT is a band I've been meaning to get into for a long time but I don't seem to have gotten around to it yet, but I thought their set was very good. I thought everything they played was incredible and very interesting. Home stood out as one of their "out there" songs, which I'm completely into. I'm going to have to make sure I check them out in the future.

Dream Theater
1. As I Am
2. A Rite of Passage
3. Home
4. Constant Motion
5. Panic Attack
6. Pull Me Under

Suprisingly, only about forty minutes after Dream Theater finished their set, Maiden was about to take the stage. I was pretty excited. I wasn't really going into this show with any expectations at all, so I was interested to see what I would think of it. Maiden started playing and I loved every minute of it. I was suprised at how all of the newer songs, that I've never paid much attention to, turned out live. El Dorado was definitely better live, but still not as good as some of their previous newer songs, I don't think. Dance of Death, Breeg, These Colours, and Blood Brothers was a great streak. I wasn't too impressed by Wildest Dreams. No More Lies, even though I wasn't familiar with it at all, was still pretty cool. Whenever they played Fear of the Dark the place felt magical, in a way. Iron Maiden was very exciting too. The "encore" was also something special. The Number of the Beast felt like a scene out of a movie when the guitars kick in. Hallowed Be Thy Name was a highlight, of course, and Running Free was a fun closer.

All together, I really enjoyed the show and shame myself for ever doubting Maiden. I still may not be the hugest fan, but these guys are still awesome, no doubt.

Iron Maiden
1. The Wicker Man
2. Ghost of the Navigator
3. Wrathchild
4. El Dorado
5. Dance of Death
6. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
7. These Colours Don't Run
8. Blood Brothers
9. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
----------------------
14. The Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

I'm sure Sanitarium78 has alot more to add to this. It had to have been incredible being in the pit for the show.

Last edited by daimonos; 07-15-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Concert Veteran

I just got home after to somewhat long drive from Buffalo to Burgettstown and back. I was in the pit and it was a very good show both Dream Theater and Maiden did great. The crowd at least in the pit was into it the whole time and singing along with everything. I don't know if it was like that in the rest of the venue or not. This was my first time in the pit at an amphitheater show and you're really a different part of the audience in a lot of ways as opposed to the rest of the crowd. At least that's just how I felt about it. So I couldn't tell how everyone else was reacting to the show at all. All I know is in the pit everyone was great with clapping and doing the "woa oh oh's" at all the right spots in the songs.

The pit is just a completely different experience than what i've ever had before at a show. We were packed in very tight and it was very hot and sometimes it was a little unconfortable but I expected that. In fact both my SSOASS shirt that I wore there and shorts were soaked all the way through in sweat. It's truely an amazing experience to be that close and see Steve Harris singing the words to you as you sing them back to him The same with Bruce but he didn't seem to be looking at the people in the pit as much as Steve was. It seemed to me while it was Bruce's job to engage the whole crowd it was Steve's job to interact with the pit. I'm not sure if they do that on purpose but that's the impression I got.

As cool as it was to be in the pit I do have to lodge some complaints over the way some people were acting. They're trying to push and shove when there's nowhere to go and some were even trying to mosh in this small area. People need to use their fuckin heads and realise that when there's fans around that are between the ages of 35-45 like a good number of them were, they're not gonna be to into the moshing and pushing bullshit. At certian shows I expect that but not at Maiden.

Highlights for me were the four songs off BNW, DOD, TCDR, TNOTB and HBTN.
I'm intrested to see what direction their setlist takes once the new album comes out. But i'm sure there will be enough discussion about that when the time comes

If anyone can afford to get pit tickets for a Maiden show I highly recomened that you do it. It's just and amazing experience to be in there while the biggest metal band in the world plays just ten feet away
Old 07-15-2010, 06:14 AM
We're dying on the inside

BUY BACK EVERY IRON MAIDEN CD FAG
Old 07-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
BUY BACK EVERY IRON MAIDEN CD FAG

We'll see!

EDIT: I still have most of them on my computer, so I'm not competely deprived of them lol

Last edited by daimonos; 07-15-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Concert Veteran

I forgot to mention in my review that the crowd was really into Dream Theater as well. A lot of people were singing along with everything. It's nice to see a band that hasn't had a "hit" since 1992 has built up such a following. Being very consistant with a new album every two years also helps that as well.

I guess Maiden is simular in that respect. The last newer song I ever heard the radio play from them was The Wickerman back when BNW came out. So they're maintaining a following through writting great music and touring regularly as well. I guess hard work and being great at what you do can pay off sometimes in this world.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:00 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Great show from both bands. My first time seeing maiden and it was flawless. I have no complaints and liked that they did alot of new stuff. My highlights of the night were.Ghost of the Navigator,El Dorado,Dance of Death,These Colours Don't Run,Blood Brothers,No More Lies,Brave New World,Fear of the Dark,The Number of the Beast,Hallowed Be Thy Name.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
My highlights of the night were.Ghost of the Navigator,El Dorado,Dance of Death,These Colours Don't Run,Blood Brothers,No More Lies,Brave New World,Fear of the Dark,The Number of the Beast,Hallowed Be Thy Name.
Do they count as highlights when they are almost 2/3 of the show?
Old 07-15-2010, 08:43 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Do they count as highlights when they are almost 2/3 of the show?
They're really good songs.

To people who think its ok to push people to the ground and against the rail to catch a hat that Dickinson threw into the crowd dont do that. Its just a hat you dont need to get violent just because you didnt catch it.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
To people who think its ok to push people to the ground and against the rail to catch a hat that Dickinson threw into the crowd dont do that. Its just a hat you dont need to get violent just because you didnt catch it.
What did you expect to happen?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
That's what I would have done...

Tags
iron maiden