Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-12-2010, 12:28 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
Eh not really, 304 Row C.

And boy I'm going to get shot for this, of the 2 band shirts I own...Maiden isn't one of them . I'll prob pick 1 up that night though!
I've noticed it's pretty easy to enjoy Maiden from any distance back in the crowd provided you're relatively centered. I've seen them 5 times - including once from the soundboard area and once from the front of the lawn - both shows were still great and really enjoyable. The worst place I've found to be during a Maiden set is in the first (or second depending on the venue layout) seated section and be extremely on one side or another. I've never gotten stuck with that, but I've had friends who were, and from what I've gathered it's like half the band isnt even there.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I've noticed it's pretty easy to enjoy Maiden from any distance back in the crowd provided you're relatively centered. I've seen them 5 times - including once from the soundboard area and once from the front of the lawn - both shows were still great and really enjoyable. The worst place I've found to be during a Maiden set is in the first (or second depending on the venue layout) seated section and be extremely on one side or another. I've never gotten stuck with that, but I've had friends who were, and from what I've gathered it's like half the band isnt even there.
Oh that's good, because mine are more centered. The only thing I'm kinda worried about is of someones head blocking my view since I'm pretty short. Although If I remember correctly, the Nissan Pavilion rises slightly as it pushes back.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:05 PM
welp

'Twas a great show. Not as awesome as SBIT, but a great time nonetheless. Dream Theater were awesome, and their sound was excellent. The highlights of their set for me were A Right of Passage, Panic Attack, and Pull Me Under (the heavy palm-muted riff was exceptionally heavy live). Maiden were great as always. I don't feel that there were any real particular high or low points, but Wicker Man, These Colours (with my friend on my shoulders holding up a British flag with the Killers art in the center), Breeg, BNW, Iron Maiden, and Running Free were my favorites.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
Eh not really, 304 Row C.

And boy I'm going to get shot for this, of the 2 band shirts I own...Maiden isn't one of them . I'll prob pick 1 up that night though!
I didn't have one till my first show either. Not because of my lack of fanaticism, just because I want my shirts to be authentic and symbolic of an experience. Ordering shirts online isn't for me.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Speaking of: Myself, Butcher of Birth, and Irritated Trout should all get a group picture if we're gonna be waiting in line together all day.
THIS! Bringing the Board together one show at a time. I might see Jeremy and Eric in Chicago, be nice seeing them again, and now I can meet more of my friends from the boards! RAD!

I'll be wearing the Florida Event Shirt, and hopefully be in line at around 2ish? Or ASAP haha
Old 07-12-2010, 09:30 PM
In Search of Truth

Eric wasn't at the NJ show last night, was he? I saw a guy there I swore looked just like him, but I didn't think he was going to be there.

As of now I'm planning on an arrival between 10 and 11 AM. Butcher of Birth, you're down with me, so if you arrive a little late, you can jump in line right behind us.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Eric wasn't at the NJ show last night, was he? I saw a guy there I swore looked just like him, but I didn't think he was going to be there.

As of now I'm planning on an arrival between 10 and 11 AM. Butcher of Birth, you're down with me, so if you arrive a little late, you can jump in line right behind us.
He was at MSG I believe, I think I remember him saying he was doing that and Chicago, and Jump in line behind you, and enter behind you
Old 07-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:

Yeah, JeremySaal and I were at PNC & MSG. We flew into NYC on Sunday so we didn't think we would get to PNC early enough to meet up with anyone. And I didn't realize until last minute that you were going to be there. I scanned the lines before the show but I did not see you. That was a huge crowd. You should have yelled at me, ha ha.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:41 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
Yeah, JeremySaal and I were at PNC & MSG. We flew into NYC on Sunday so we didn't think we would get to PNC early enough to meet up with anyone. And I didn't realize until last minute that you were going to be there. I scanned the lines before the show but I did not see you. That was a huge crowd. You should have yelled at me, ha ha.
Damn it, I knew I should have said something, haha. At the time I spotted you, I was in the (then only) line to get in. I was wearing a Dance of Death tour shirt with the band on the front and the floor design on the back, and wearing camo shorts. Oh well.

Tags
iron maiden