Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Motley Crue -- Atlanta, GA -- August 30th, 2015
Kid Rock -- Mountain View, CA -- August 30th, 2015
Riot V -- Westland, MI -- August 29th, 2015
Saxon -- Golden, CO -- August 30th, 2015
Evergrey -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 29th, 2015


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 07-10-2010, 04:29 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
We don't really need one, but thanks, I guess
Yeah, I don't really see the point.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-10-2010, 04:45 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 20,141
I can't believe the video actually looks like it's going to be good!

Also, song writing credits:

'Satellite 15... The Final Frontier' (Smith/Harris)
'El Dorado' (Smith/Harris/Dickinson)
'Mother Of Mercy' (Smith/Harris)
'Coming Home' (Smith/Harris/Dickinson)
'The Alchemist' (Gers/Harris/Dickinson)
'Isle Of Avalon' (Smith/Harris)
'Starblind' (Smith/Harris/Dickinson)
'The Talisman' (Gers/Harris)
'The Man Who Would Be King' (Murray/Harris)
'When The Wild Wind Blows' (Harris)
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

28/8 Chantel McGregor
10/9 Ricky Warwick
11/9 W.A.S.P.
18/9 Theater Equation
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-10-2010, 04:59 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I can't believe the video actually looks like it's going to be good!

Also, song writing credits:

'Satellite 15... The Final Frontier' (Smith/Harris)
'El Dorado' (Smith/Harris/Dickinson)
'Mother Of Mercy' (Smith/Harris)
'Coming Home' (Smith/Harris/Dickinson)
'The Alchemist' (Gers/Harris/Dickinson)
'Isle Of Avalon' (Smith/Harris)
'Starblind' (Smith/Harris/Dickinson)
'The Talisman' (Gers/Harris)
'The Man Who Would Be King' (Murray/Harris)
'When The Wild Wind Blows' (Harris)

Well that's disappointing. Here's hoping it's not overly repetitive.

Overall, they sure weren't kidding when they said the writing credits were similar to A Matter of life and Death.

I'm anxious to hear a couple more longer songs co-written by Adrian. His track record for those is pretty excellent thus far, what with that including Paschendale and The longest Day.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-10-2010, 08:43 AM
JLRedWing13's Avatar
JLRedWing13 JLRedWing13 is offline
I can't stop thinking big
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Well that's disappointing. Here's hoping it's not overly repetitive.

Overall, they sure weren't kidding when they said the writing credits were similar to A Matter of life and Death.

I'm anxious to hear a couple more longer songs co-written by Adrian. His track record for those is pretty excellent thus far, what with that including Paschendale and The longest Day.
Hey, be glad that's the only song that has solo Harris credits lol.

I can't lie, I'm excited.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-10-2010, 08:45 AM
JLRedWing13's Avatar
JLRedWing13 JLRedWing13 is offline
I can't stop thinking big
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 1,555
In a July 1 interview with Billboard.com, guitarist Dave Murray discussed the song "When the Wild Wind Blows", the band's third longest song to date, after "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" and "Sign of the Cross":

"The rhythm's a little bit different from what we've done before, and there's lots of melodies... It's a big song. We learned it in sections just because it was such a complex arrangement, but it sounds quite natural."

It doesn't SOUND repetitive....but of course they wouldn't say that.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Travis The Dragon's Avatar
Travis The Dragon Travis The Dragon is offline
EMPIRE OF THE CLOUDS IS A MASTERPIECE!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 2,927
After MANY listens, I give the song 4/5 stars. Mainly because of Bruce's amazing singing and the guitar solos.
__________________
Aces High, my #1 favorite vocal performance EVER has been TIED with the opening part on The Red And The Black! I NEVER thought that would happen! WOW!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-13-2010, 05:53 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 23,355
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
'Mother Of Mercy' (Smith/Harris)
Leaked
__________________
07/22 - Melt-Banana
07/26 - Forever Came Calling & Primitive Man
07/30 - Warped (?)
08/05 - Knockout Kid
08/07 - Fireworks (?)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
After MANY listens, I give the song 4/5 stars. Mainly because of Bruce's amazing singing and the guitar solos.
I think you should start a poll seeing how everyone rates it
__________________
8/19 - HoF
9/26 - TsunamiFest
9/29 Ghost
10/22 Opeth
12/13 - BTBAM/Enslaved
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
JLRedWing13's Avatar
JLRedWing13 JLRedWing13 is offline
I can't stop thinking big
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008