Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 07-08-2010, 11:03 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Right on. DM is huge all over Europe. Post those puppies!
It's on my home computer, I'll start a different thread in this section for them when I get home.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:01 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
EDIT2: Fnn Fact about The Nat: Both of my sons were conceived on the night of U2 concerts. Literally. Not joking.
show was so boring you had to go have sex in the portajohn huh? dont blame you
Old 07-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Ironbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green and Black View Post
I have no interest on interacting with people not into metal, I have said this before and a few of you had a problem with it, but honestly, why bother. For me it's about quality, not quantity with friends, so sure I could talk about non metal things, with non metal people, I am perfectly capable of doing that, but I can also discuss those same non metal things with my metal friends, so why bother faking it with others.
Quote:
While I'll admit that I would love it if most if not all of my friends were as into metal as I am, or even if they listened to some of the same sub-genres I do and found them interesting, I have to say that this extreme point of view is almost disturbing for me to hear (well...read, to be accurate). Metal - or music in general, for that matter, is a very big deal to me, but it certainly isn't the only thing I think about in a given day.
Did you only read half of what I said. My friends talk about more than just metal, and we all have other interests of course, and of course we talk about different things. But when it comes down to it, if I'm going to talk about non metal things, I rather them be with metal people. I'm well versed in other areas, but there are only so many hours in the day, and I would rather give that time to the people who matter most to me, those people all happen to love metal, so I have no need for outsiders. I have little in common with the average generic human.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:10 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
I have little in common with the average generic human.

i used to think that way, but then i got sick of being cynical
Old 07-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
show was so boring you had to go have sex in the portajohn huh? dont blame you
Fucker.

Quote:
Did you only read half of what I said. My friends talk about more than just metal, and we all have other interests of course, and of course we talk about different things. But when it comes down to it, if I'm going to talk about non metal things, I rather them be with metal people. I'm well versed in other areas, but there are only so many hours in the day, and I would rather give that time to the people who matter most to me, those people all happen to love metal, so I have no need for outsiders. I have little in common with the average generic human.
Yeah, I caught the part you highlighted after I typed my response, so fair enough I guess. However, it isn't the first time you posted a "fuck everyone and everything that isn't 100% metal" type of message, though, and I just have a really hard time with that mentality. I have more metal in my pinky finger than most metalheads I've met have in their whole body, but I don't have to run around wearing it all over my body just to prove it to anyone. I almost guarantee you'd label me a "poser" if you met me on the street, based on comments I've read from you, but little would you know who I really am.

Metal is who you are and what you listen to, not what you wear or look like, or who you choose to associate with, that's all I'm saying.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Ironbound

Quote:
Hardly, it's more about priorities, really.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
You hit the nail on the head. So many metalheads out there are just so damned cynical it makes me sick (notice I'm not saying "all", just "many"). Sometimes I don't even want to be associated with the metal crowd because of it. And sorry, G&B, but when I see it left and right every day and then I read a bunch of posts on your part that sure point in that direction, I just make the mental connection that it must be true in your case, too. Sorry if I'm mistaken, but I've read a lot of evidence to the contrary from you, so I don't feel too bad about it if I'm incorrect.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Ironbound

Quote:
Metal is who you are and what you listen to, not what you wear or look like, or who you choose to associate with, that's all I'm saying.
While I do get on my soapbox about the metal look, and how image is really important, I did not mention that at all in this thread (I don't think). I was merely being a snob and stating that given the chance to discuss a random topic, I'd rather do it with a metal head than a non metal head.

And as far as me calling you a poser if I met you on the street, well, if you could hold your own in a discussion of rare metal bands, and know your shit, I would not call you poser at all. But if there was someone with the same metal knowledge as you, but had a metal image, then I would probably think they were cooler than you.

Image is important to me, but it's not necessarily everything, or the only thing to deem a person acceptable in my book.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
You hit the nail on the head. So many metalheads out there are just so damned cynical it makes me sick (notice I'm not saying "all", just "many"). Sometimes I don't even want to be associated with the metal crowd because of it. And sorry, G&B, but when I see it left and right every day and then I read a bunch of posts on your part that sure point in that direction, I just make the mental connection that it must be true in your case, too. Sorry if I'm mistaken, but I've read a lot of evidence to the contrary from you, so I don't feel too bad about it if I'm incorrect.
agreed. i used to be somewhat cynical in high school now that i think of it, then i realized it was stupid.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 07-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
i think the bands i got most friends into are Children of Bodom, In Flames (primarily pre-RtR), and Kalmah. a lot of my friends dig Kalmah because they say it's catchy, heavy as fuck, and very melodic all at the same time. anyone who likes Kalmah will probably agree they're one of, if not, the best melodic death metal band out there.
I <3 Kalmah so much. When I make my millions I'm going to Europe to road trip to all their shows.