Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 07-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I've never tried to "convert" anyone to metal, regardless of gender. I don't really have metalhead friends anymore, anyways.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:14 AM
D.B.B.

My girlfriend listens to a lot of different kinds of metal and hard rock. Here favorite band is Led Zeppelin and her favorite metal band is Korn. She's not a metalhead or anything, but she listens to the stuff, which is great.

I took my external hardrive to her house and gave her some music to listen too. She really likes Maiden now, and even went to the show. I'm also getting her into Skeletonwitch, Toxic Holocaust, Slayer, Hammerfall, and others. hopefully I can convert her to the dark side sooner or later
Old 07-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Ironbound

My advice - don't try to convert girls to metal, instead date or hangout with girls already into metal to fill that void. I respect a girl more for listening to top 40, dance music or rap because they like it, rather than they listen to metal because their husband, brother, boyfriend does.

Edit: this can go for guys or girls, honestly. I don't covert people to metal because I rather they like what they like than be a half assed metalhead. In any case, all my friends are into metal, I was referring more to co workers, I guess, since they are the only people I have to deal with not into metal.

Last edited by The Green and Black; 07-08-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green and Black View Post
I respect a girl more for listening to top 40, dance music or rap because they like it, rather than they listen to metal because their husband, brother, boyfriend does.
Good point. If someone's passionate about what they listen to, I don't really care what it is. Unless it's Nickleback. Fuck that shit.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:33 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Good point. If someone's passionate about what they listen to, I don't really care what it is. Unless it's Nickleback. Fuck that shit.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:39 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

I converted one of my best friends to metal, but now he tries to convert EVERYONE to it. The people who have no business listening to it.

Furthermore, he tries to convert deathcore kids to "real" metal... He doesn't understand the extent of the crime he is committing
Old 07-08-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
If I were on a date with a girl and she said her favorite band was Nickleback, there's a 95% chance I would get up and walk out. Or at least fake an emergency/my own death.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:55 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
If I were on a date with a girl and she said her favorite band was Nickleback, there's a 95% chance I would get up and walk out. Or at least fake an emergency/my own death.

My standard has always been: I don't care what you listen to, as long as you accept the fact that I love what I love and that's not going to change. To be fair, it's not really a problem, because I hardly ever am interested in girls (and girls are hardly ever interested in me) if they don't at least generally like rock music.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Ironbound

I have no interest on interacting with people not into metal, I have said this before and a few of you had a problem with it, but honestly, why bother. For me it's about quality, not quantity with friends, so sure I could talk about non metal things, with non metal people, I am perfectly capable of doing that, but I can also discuss those same non metal things with my metal friends, so why bother faking it with others.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:23 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
X2