Russian Circles -- Minneapolis, MN -- July 2nd, 2010

1. Carpe
2. Harper Lewis
3. Malko
4. Youngblood
5. Philos
6. Death Rides a Horse
7. Geneva

Great show! Although, the set could have been a little longer and had a little bit more variety.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemeistro View Post
1. Carpe
2. Harper Lewis
3. Malko
4. Youngblood
5. Philos
6. Death Rides a Horse
7. Geneva

Great show! Although, the set could have been a little longer and had a little bit more variety.
That's the same set they played when I saw them last December, only they played Carpe last for our show instead of first like they apparently did for this show. I thought the set was perfect - all three albums were well-represented, and it was about an hour long in total...I'm not sure what there is to complain about here.

I'm curious as to the other details of this show. I didn't know they were touring now. I know they'll be on the road with Boris later this summer, but I'm assuming this show wasn't part of that...just a one-off gig or something? They're from Chicago, so Minneapolis isn't too far, but it's not exactly right around the corner, either.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:29 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
That's the same set they played when I saw them last December, only they played Carpe last for our show instead of first like they apparently did for this show. I thought the set was perfect - all three albums were well-represented, and it was about an hour long in total...I'm not sure what there is to complain about here.

I'm curious as to the other details of this show. I didn't know they were touring now. I know they'll be on the road with Boris later this summer, but I'm assuming this show wasn't part of that...just a one-off gig or something? They're from Chicago, so Minneapolis isn't too far, but it's not exactly right around the corner, either.
I was just a little miffed that their set just flew by, and most of the songs they played, I heard last time they came. Don't get me wrong it was still a fantastic show and a solid set, but it definitely could have been a bit longer at least since they were headlining.

Yeah, I think it was an off-show before they get ready to tour with Boris. I'm pretty sure that this was the first date of their little tour. According to their myspace, I think they have about 6 more dates to play before their tour with Boris.

They headlined, and support came from Sweet Cobra and Nomia (an awesome local band that sounds like the local equivalent of RC).
Old 07-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Huh. Sweet Cobra is decent stoner metal - I've heard them but not seen them live yet. How was their set?

I listened to some samples on Nomia's MySpace page, and they seem pretty decent. Do they have any proper releases? Looks like only bootlegs at this point...
Old 07-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:

They are playing a few shows up in Canada with High On Fire and Skeletonwitch so I believe that is why they played Minneapolis.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-07-2010, 02:11 PM
N00B

Quote:
Huh. Sweet Cobra is decent stoner metal - I've heard them but not seen them live yet. How was their set?

I listened to some samples on Nomia's MySpace page, and they seem pretty decent. Do they have any proper releases? Looks like only bootlegs at this point...
Sweet Cobra was good. I saw them before when they opened for Pelican with Minsk, and it was about the same. When you're there, they put on a good show and the sound is great, but when you go back and listen to them that punch just isn't there. I'm not too familiar with their stuff, but they did play for maybe 40 minutes?

As for Nomia, I believe they have a self-titled EP that was released in 2008. They are pretty good, I think, but like most of the music in this genre, it's much better appreciated in a live setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
They are playing a few shows up in Canada with High On Fire and Skeletonwitch so I believe that is why they played Minneapolis.
Well that's probably it then. Too bad they didn't play down here too, I have yet to see Skeletonwitch live.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:37 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Are you kidding me? I would kill someone to see that show.

Fuck.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:39 AM
N00B

Hey y'all,

If you liked Nomia, just a few days before the RC they came into Nowlikephotographs, a radio show I co-host, and performed in-studio. They played a couple of very new songs, including "Strangelet", which they also played at the Triple Rock.

We have the session up on the internet archive, if you'd like to download or stream it. Find it here.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:52 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.w.w. View Post
Hey y'all,

If you liked Nomia, just a few days before the RC they came into Nowlikephotographs, a radio show I co-host, and performed in-studio. They played a couple of very new songs, including "Strangelet", which they also played at the Triple Rock.

We have the session up on the internet archive, if you'd like to download or stream it. Find it here.
Thanks for the link, it sounds great so far!

I don't know if its ok for me to post this, but there is also a bootleg of Nomia's and RC's set that you can find here:

http://emptystapes.blogspot.com/2010...e-rock-10.html

http://emptystapes.blogspot.com/2010...e-rock-10.html

Tags
russian circles