Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 06-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Let's do some math:

Beneath The Remains > ...and Justice For All, South of Heaven, So Far So Good, State of Euphoria

Arise > Black Album, Seasons In The Abyss
Arise = Persistance of Time
Arise < Rust In Peace
Old 06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidis138 View Post
They did open for Metallica. AND they opened kinda for Maiden. Which is cool of Metallica but that doesn't mean that the individual members or anybody else classified under the Big Four haven't gone "Hey Sepultura!!"(when they're around) and when they're not "Yeah I'm richer than them"
Yeah, or absolutely any big band with absolutely any small band. Really, I don't get your point at all. We don't know if they make jokes or not. We don't know if any band makes jokes or not unless they do it in an interview. This is all meaningless.

I mean, Sepultura opened for Motorhead in the UK a few years ago. Does that mean Motorhead make jokes about them? Who knows? Who cares?

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 06-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
I respect the new sepultura but Derek aint got nutten on Max. And Michale Graves is a great singer but him for Misfits was totally diffrent from Danzig era. Misfits with Danzig was one of the greatest things to ever come to my ears.
Actually, I like the Graves Misfits a lot too. I mean yeah I like the Danzig era better, but it's not a huge favor for his era over Graves. Sepultura I only like the Max era. Hell to tell you guys the truth, I don't care for Chaos A.D. or Roots either.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
Actually, I like the Graves Misfits a lot too. I mean yeah I like the Danzig era better, but it's not a huge favor for his era over Graves. Sepultura I only like the Max era. Hell to tell you guys the truth, I don't care for Chaos A.D. or Roots either.
I like some Graves era songs and got to see them once with Graves on vocals back in 2000. However, seeing them with Jerry Only - bass, vocals Dez Cadena - guitar, vocals and Robo - drums was even cooler in my book! Because they played all old songs like "Halloween," "Die Die My Darling," "Last Caress," and even covered Dez and Robo's old band Black Flag with "Rise Above". Marky Ramone came out and they played some Ramones covers like “I Wanna Be Sedated,” “Sheena is a Punk Rocker” and “Blitzkrieg Bop.”

Overall, I feel Graves just can't touch the Danzig era songs: Static Age, 20 Eyes, Skulls, Devil's Whorehouse, Halloween I and II, Demonomia, We Bite, We Are 138, Die Die My Darling, Where Eagles Dare, Attitude, She, Vampiria, Hybird Theory, In The Doorway, Mommy Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight, Last Caress, Ghouls Night Out, Astro Zombies, Teenagers in Mars, Children in Heat, London Dungeon, etc. Similarly, I don't feel Derrick can touch Max era albums especially Arise. I liked Chaos A.D. but didn't like their sound in Roots.

Last edited by evildeadjedi; 06-29-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
I like some Graves era songs and got to see them once with Graves on vocals back in 2000. However, seeing them with Jerry Only - bass, vocals Dez Cadena - guitar, vocals and Robo - drums was even cooler in my book! Because they played all old songs like "Halloween," "Die Die My Darling," "Last Caress," and even covered Dez and Robo's old band Black Flag with "Rise Above". Marky Ramone came out and they played some Ramones covers like “I Wanna Be Sedated,” “Sheena is a Punk Rocker” and “Blitzkrieg Bop.”

Overall, I feel Graves just can't touch the Danzig era songs: Static Age, 20 Eyes, Skulls, Devil's Whorehouse, Halloween I and II, Demonomia, We Bite, We Are 138, Die Die My Darling, Where Eagles Dare, Attitude, She, Vampiria, Hybird Theory, In The Doorway, Mommy Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight, Last Caress, Ghouls Night Out, Astro Zombies, Teenagers in Mars, Children in Heat, London Dungeon, etc. Similarly, I don't feel Derrick can touch Max era albums especially Arise. I liked Chaos A.D. but didn't like their sound in Roots.
RISE ABOVE WE GONNA RISE ABOVE

That must have been sweet
Old 06-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
RISE ABOVE WE GONNA RISE ABOVE

That must have been sweet
It was definitely one of my all time greatest concert experiences.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

This is how it is in my book:

Danzig era="THE MISFITS"
Graves era="Misfits"
Only era="Shitfits"

I loved Chaos AD!
and the new sepulturta guy...meh i wouldnt mind seeing them live but i wouldnt buy a cd brand new.
10/31-King Diamond
Old 06-29-2010, 10:08 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
I guarantee you every band in the big 4 thinks they're better off than the other ones, and makes jokes at their expense all the time.
That's my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Except Anthrax har har har
This is what the thread meant to inspire.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:10 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Yeah, or absolutely any big band with absolutely any small band. Really, I don't get your point at all. We don't know if they make jokes or not. We don't know if any band makes jokes or not unless they do it in an interview. This is all meaningless.

I mean, Sepultura opened for Motorhead in the UK a few years ago. Does that mean Motorhead make jokes about them? Who knows? Who cares?
Ok sir literal it's not meaningless and no we don't know if this EVEN goes on but that doesn't make it meaningless cos obviously I care. AND you care just enough to post on this thread.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:17 AM
HEY! LISTEN!