Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Old 06-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Not only Maiden but all bands can take lessons from Rush on how to make a setlist. Also, unlike Maiden, Rush does extensive US tours every time they go out and the road and that gives the vast majority of their fans a chance to see them.

Just gotta point out that Rush says fuck you to almost the entire world except for America. Hell, the Euro leg of S&A was a handful of dates whereas America got two large legs. Also, I'd be pissed if I was Canadian. Rush is from my country and I only get like 4 dates on the Time Machine tour while America gets every market hit? That's a BS way for an internationally loved band to tour.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 06-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Just gotta point out that Rush says fuck you to almost the entire world except for America. Hell, the Euro leg of S&A was a handful of dates whereas America got two large legs. Also, I'd be pissed if I was Canadian. Rush is from my country and I only get like 4 dates on the Time Machine tour while America gets every market hit? That's a BS way for an internationally loved band to tour.
This is only the start of the tour though. So i'm sure more Canadian dates are coming for them. Also, does anyone know how big Rush really is in Europe? Maybe they just can't draw big crowds there long enough to sustain a full tour. That's what I always thought was the case with them. It's always seemed to me that Rush's popularity is mainly in America. Rush is one of the few universally loved bands that I think has a much bigger, more dedicated following in the US than in any other part of the world.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
This is only the start of the tour though. So i'm sure more Canadian dates are coming for them. Also, does anyone know how big Rush really is in Europe? Maybe they just can't draw big crowds there long enough to sustain a full tour. That's what I always thought was the case with them. It's always seemed to me that Rush's popularity is mainly in America. Rush is one of the few universally loved bands that I think has a much bigger, more dedicated following in the US than in any other part of the world.
I think you're right. I would think that they would also be very popular in Canada too, though. I'm pretty sure they have a strong following in South America, well, in Brazil at least, too. That kinda thing is weird for a band though.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

They must have a decent following in Germany, since the concert on R30 was filmed in Frankfurt.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:08 AM
In Search of Truth

Oh my god my brain fucking hurts.

If the "casual Maiden fan" doesn't know/give a fuck what Wrathchild, Iron Maiden, and Running Free are, how many songs does that leave that are more popular? Maybe 10? Hallowed Be Thy Name, Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, The Trooper, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Wasted Years... that might be about it. Maybe a couple of others. If you're not advocating playing "the same generic hits for the billionth time", what ARE you advocating? Because I sure as shit know that the casual Maiden fan (if they're casual enough not to know Iron Maiden or Wrathchild) is NOT going to be ecstatic about them playing something like Revelations, Die With Your Boots On, Powerslave, or 22 Acacia Avenue.

Also, I've said this before (to Sanitarium78, the same person this is directed at now), that I think you're exaggerating the number of people at a Maiden show that are only familiar with 10 or a dozen songs. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some, but no more than maybe 2,000 people in a 15,000-capacity crowd. I'm not saying everyone's a die-hard fan that owns everything they've ever put out, but at least a half-dozen albums, at least one of which is probably a reunion album, because unlike most old bands, people still actually really care about Maiden's new albums. 99% of all the Maiden fans I know (many of which I don't consider die-hard fans) have at least heard, if not (most of them) own the last couple of albums. If they didn't like them enough to familiarize themselves with any of the songs, is that really the band's fault? And should they really give the finger to their dedicated fans, who pay to see them every single tour, own all their albums, and buy all their merchandise?
Old 06-29-2010, 11:40 AM
N00B

Possible leak of Rush Time Machine Tour

According to rushisaband.com this will be the setlist of the tour.

1. The Spirit of Radio
2. Time Stand Still (last played on Counterparts tour)
3. Presto (never played live)
4. Stick It Out (last played on Test For Echo tour)
5. Leave That Thing Alone (last played on Vapor Trails tour)
6. Workin' Them Angels
7. Faithless (never played live)
8. BU2B (new song - never played live)
9. Freewill
10. Marathon (last played on Presto tour)
11. Subdivisions

Intermission

Set 2

12. Tom Sawyer
13. Red Barchetta
14. YYZ
15. Limelight
16. The Camera Eye (last played on Signals tour)
17. Witch Hunt
18. Vital Signs (last played on Vapor Trails tour)
19. Caravan (new song - never played live)
20. Drum Solo
21. Alex Solo (something new)
22. Closer to the Heart (last played on Vapor Trails tour)
23. 2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx
24. Far Cry
25. La villa Strangiato (last played on R30 tour)
26. Working Man (last played on R30 tour)

Itīs a pretty good set actually...
7th Aug: Maiden, Slayer
Old 06-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13911

20/11 Threshold
27/11 Accept
16/12 Metal All-Stars
Old 06-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
They must have a decent following in Germany, since the concert on R30 was filmed in Frankfurt.
Possibly, but maybe they just wanted to record it at a place they don't go to that often so the crowd reaction would be better.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Quote:
Possibly, but maybe they just wanted to record it at a place they don't go to that often so the crowd reaction would be better.
That is a good point.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 PM
N00B

Quote:
i wouldnt be suprised honestly, the last 3 concert DVDs have been filmed outside of North America. Me being used to more of a metal crowd, I find Rush crowds very laid back except when they do the "HEY!"s of 2112 lol