Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

You wouldn't be saying that if you saw how much my plane ticket cost.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:31 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

^ lol
How is Adrian Smith H?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

^His nickname. Derived from Adrian.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:04 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
^His nickname. Derived from Adrian.
Seven years of knowing that and I still can't find the "H" in "Adrian."
Old 06-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Seven years of knowing that and I still can't find the "H" in "Adrian."
If you say Adrian and you have a British accent it can sometimes sound like you're saying H-drian. That's how he got the nickname
Old 06-24-2010, 09:39 AM

I spent all that day exploring downtown Seattle, and from the reactions I got (I was wearing my Piece of Mind shirt) you would think that the Maiden show was the biggest event of the year. I must have had 20 people comment on my shirt or ask if I was going to the show: everyone from the vendors at Pike Place Market to the employees at the Experience Music Project to random people at restaurants. I met a couple on the Space Needle who were on their honeymoon and were going to the show. The husband had a really sweet Eddie tattoo on his leg. He let me take a picture, I'll post it later.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm not a NOOB Damit

The white river amphitheater is a nightmare to get to but you have to understand that this facility is owned by the Muckelshoot Indian Tribe and build on their land. The city of Auburn tried to block the building of the amphitheater for years because of the traffic problems that the city new would occur but the tribe built it anyways. Auburn is a small town with a small road system that can't really handle really heavy traffic. Basically the main road in town is a parking lot every time there is a show going on at the amphitheater. But on a personal note my problem wasn't with the traffic it was with the 5 dollar bottle of pop or the 6 dollar poweraid and 9 dollar hot dog. All was forgiven when the show started. Maiden was awesome.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:30 AM

Ah. I noticed that we went through a reservation on the way there, but I didn't know it was owned by the tribe.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualcitizenrocker View Post
The white river amphitheater is a nightmare to get to but you have to understand that this facility is owned by the Muckelshoot Indian Tribe and build on their land. The city of Auburn tried to block the building of the amphitheater for years because of the traffic problems that the city new would occur but the tribe built it anyways. Auburn is a small town with a small road system that can't really handle really heavy traffic. Basically the main road in town is a parking lot every time there is a show going on at the amphitheater. But on a personal note my problem wasn't with the traffic it was with the 5 dollar bottle of pop or the 6 dollar poweraid and 9 dollar hot dog. All was forgiven when the show started. Maiden was awesome.
I think most amphitheaters are built out of the way in the middle of a small town or on the outskirts somewhere. Darien Lake PAC the local amphitheater where I live shares the same property as the Darien Lake amusement park. The town is very small and is about a 30-45 minute drive from Buffalo depending on traffic and how fast you drive. It really is out where nobody exists. The whole town is basically the amusement park/amphitheater, a hotel and a few conveinence stores. The traffic situation isn't too bad getting in but like where you are, the small town just isn't built to handle the traffic when 15-20 thousand people are trying to leave a show all at once. So it takes forever to get out of there. The PAC in Saratoga Springs, NY is another example of a venue that's just off in it's own little world.

The Molson amphitheater in Toronto, Canada is also built on the outer rim of the city along the lake. It's still within the city limits but they made sure to build it away from everything else.

I'm going to Pittsburgh to see Maiden next month. I've never been to the venue before but I know it's not actually in Pittsburgh. It's actually in Burgettstown, PA which is like a half hour outside Pittsburgh.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

^Pretty sure Post Gazette Amphitheater is also in the middle of nowhere.

Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio is the same way it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

Polaris/Germain Amphitheater in Lewis Center, Ohio was in the middle of nowhere, but then they built near it and currently it just sits unused.

Tower City Amphitheater in Cleveland is smack in the middle of downtown Cleveland.

Last edited by evildeadjedi; 06-24-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Tags
iron maiden