Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 06-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Headbanger

Scorpions -- Columbia, MD -- June 19th, 2010

Went to the M3 festival on Saturday. Over 12 hours of hair bands, cougars and Steel Panther looking people. Great time really. The early highlights were Trixter, Bang Tango and local boys Kix. Never in a million years would I have expected Vince Neil to be one of the stars of the night. I've seen Motley Crue/Vince Neil 7 or 8 times and if someone asked me who the worst live singer is I would have said Vince. Not on this day. Maybe he's sober, I don't know but Vince KILLED IT! Opening with Live Wire, into Kickstart my Heart then Piece of your Action and Wild Side I've never heard him sing with such enthusiasm and actually singing all the words. He then did some Zeppelin covers then finished up strong with mostly stuff from Dr. Feelgood. By this time I was getting sober, kinda tired and wanted to rest up for Cinderella and Scorpions. Never been a fan of Cinderella in any way but they put on a helluva show. Tom's vocals were worlds better that that clip I saw on here recently. I guess he's healed from his throat surgery because dude was singing his ass off. The 3rd best band of the night, just ahead of Bang Tango.

Cinderella

Second Wind
Push Push
Somebody Save Me
The Last Mile
Night Songs
Heartbreak Station
Coming Home
Shelter Me
Nobody's Fool
Gypsy Road
Don't Know What You Got (til it's gone)
Shake Me

I went and grabbed 2 $5 bottles of water and went back to my seat for Scorpions. I could hear Warrant on the other stage and they sounded pretty good but I had no interest in trekking over there. It was after 10:pm and concerts at Merriweather Post Pavillion by law have to end by 11:pm so I was getting a little worried when the sound check went on until 10:15 or so. Apparently Germans don't give a shit about local noise ordnances because they played until 11:30 causing us to miss our Party Bus ride home but it was worth it. Last time I'll ever see them live and it was as good as the 1st time I saw them on the Love at 1st Sting Tour. Rudy and Matthias are as tight as 2 guitarists can possibly be. Even with forks in his f'n eyes during Blackout Rudy didn't miss a note. Matthias nailed every solo and even though Klaus said he had the flu he sounded incredible. Vince Neil singing Another Piece of Meat was the highlight of my 2010 Concert schedule so far.

Scorpions

Sting In The Tail
Make It Real
Bad Boys Running Wild
The Zoo
Another Piece of Meat (w/ Vince Neil)
Coast To Coast
The Best Is Yet To Come
Holiday (Full version)
The Good Die Young
Raised On Rock
Tease Me, Please Me
Wind Of Change
Kottak Attack (w/ Animal Magnetism teaser)
Blackout
Big City Nights

Encore

Rock You Like A Hurricane
Old 06-21-2010, 11:25 AM
somebody somewhere

They must have run out of time,their sets are usually longer.Expect a few more on the other dates.Can't wait for the L.A. show.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
They must have run out of time,their sets are usually longer.Expect a few more on the other dates.Can't wait for the L.A. show.
Yeah I know they cut a few in the middle and Still Loving You as the 1st encore. I doubt you guys will get Another Piece of Meat though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XY8_YIi9Wk
Old 06-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Vince Neil singing well.....? I mean, he wasn't bad at Cruefest, but that's surprising...
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 06-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Headbanger

Yeah I didn't know he had a new album coming out tomorrow. I remember him playing the title track but I didn't know if it was his song or a cover.

I was also surprised to see Another Piece of Meat on his new cd. I'm wondering is they planned this months in advance. Regardless it was cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRedWing13 View Post
Vince Neil singing well.....? I mean, he wasn't bad at Cruefest, but that's surprising...
I remember the last time I saw Crue, Shout at the Devil went something like this...

Wolf Screaming Lonely Night
Blood Stain Stage
Tear Eye
Tempted Lie
Laulaulaulau Rage
Razor To Knife
Lonely Our Lives
Heads Spinnin' Round And Round
Seasons Of Wither
Stand And Deliver
Strong... Laaaaaaau....

hahahaha
Old 06-21-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I remember the last time I saw Crue, Shout at the Devil went something like this...

Wolf Screaming Lonely Night
Blood Stain Stage
Tear Eye
Tempted Lie
Laulaulaulau Rage
Razor To Knife
Lonely Our Lives
Heads Spinnin' Round And Round
Seasons Of Wither
Stand And Deliver
Strong... Laaaaaaau....

hahahaha
I heard he pretty much sucked on the first Cruefest, but I saw them last year for the first time, and he sounded fine...
Old 06-21-2010, 06:28 PM

Oh, and that set length for the Scorpions has been the same length through the first three shows of the US tour....I think Klaus's illness may have something to do with that.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Yeah, Klaus has been sick, so they cut like 4 or 5 songs. Hoping he recovers well enough to put them back in for the New Hampshire show on Wednesday. I'll be glad to see them at all before they retire, though, so no complaints if they don't.

Vince is opening the show, so maybe we'll get Another Piece of Meat there as well.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Headbanger

That's cool. I hope Vince brings it like he did for us. The Zep stuff got to me after a while. Rock N' Roll is probably my least favorite Zep song and he could have done Bastard and 10 Seconds to Love instead and killed it even more.

I'm not a big drum solo guy but that was pretty impressive with the Animal Magnetism teaser. It gets cheeseball at the end but I can't remember the last time I saw a drum riser go that high.

I'm sure you guys will get a few more songs. Merriweather is anal about times and I found out they had to pay a 10K penalty to the community assoc. for the show going past 11:pm. Another reason to despise yuppies...

Tags
bang tango, cinderella, kix, motley crue, scorpions, trixter, vince neil