Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014

Old 06-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Man what is the world coming to? Steve Harris is ruining Iron Maiden and George Lucas is ruining Star Wars! Sounds to me like people need to start an entertainment terrorist organization to kill celebrities when they get out of line and stop doing what their fans tell them to do. I bet if we sent a dead baby's decapitated head along with a copy of edit:hahadisregardthatisuckcocks Pleasure To Kill to Lars Ulrich's house in 1996, Re-load would have been a death metal album and Metallica would have started doing corpse-paint photoshoots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I've come to the realization that the only reason they don't play old, rare songs is because everyone would have to re-learn them and they're not willing to go through the work.
I agreed with everything you said up until this point. I would be willing to agree with this, if it weren't for the fact that they brought out Rime of The Ancient Mariner. There's no way in hell rehearsing that one was easy.

Last edited by JRA; 06-29-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:16 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
I bet if we sent a dead baby's decapitated head along with a copy of Darkness Descends to Lars Ulrich's house in 1996, Re-load would have been a death metal album and Metallica would have started doing corpse-paint photoshoots.
I'm sure he already owns a copy of Darkness Descends. Where do you think he got the drumbeat to One from?
Old 06-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Concert Veteran

If the rotation had stayed I would've got Paschendale at my show. I was looking forward to that song more than any other one DOD is still a cool tune though but Paschendale is the masterpiece of the reunion era.

They did it on the entire DOD tour and made it through. I don't recall the version on DOTR being off at all. I wonder what's changed in terms of performance between now and then that would constitute them dropping it completely? You would think after a few performances of it the hiccups would work themselves out the more they played it.

I know the song is complicated but is it anymore complicated musically than DOD? Don't they have to bust out the acoustic guitar for that one?
Old 06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
I'm sure he already owns a copy of Darkness Descends. Where do you think he got the drumbeat to One from?
Touche, good sir.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
sadly I have to agree with pretty much everything you said Maiden33, with the exeption of this:

they always are THE BAND to see live, they fucking destroys everything. But like I said you are probably right in 90% of your past 2 posts and that's probably why they've decided to chop Paschendale out. I still hope it's not true though ... damn it ! for once they were rotating 2 songs, that was soo refreshing

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
I agree with you when you say they are THE BAND to see live, but that doesn't mean they can't be better. I have a feeling like they have more in them than they are letting out, but that doesn't mean I didn't have the time of my life last week, and won't have the time of my life when I see them at MSG.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
If the rotation had stayed I would've got Paschendale at my show. I was looking forward to that song more than any other one DOD is still a cool tune though but Paschendale is the masterpiece of the reunion era.

They did it on the entire DOD tour and made it through. I don't recall the version on DOTR being off at all. I wonder what's changed in terms of performance between now and then that would constitute them dropping it completely? You would think after a few performances of it the hiccups would work themselves out the more they played it.

I know the song is complicated but is it anymore complicated musically than DOD? Don't they have to bust out the acoustic guitar for that one?
Bruce messes up the chorus on DOTR but other than that it's fine.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 06-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
from IMOC:

I have it from a good source that you will not hear Paschendale again on this tour...someone prefers Dance of death..

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Old 06-29-2010, 08:31 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post

As I have previously stated;

KILL STEVE HARRIS. KILL STEVE HARRIS. KILL HIS ENTIRE FAMILY, EXCEPT FOR HIS DAUGHTERS.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
As I have previously stated;

KILL STEVE HARRIS. KILL STEVE HARRIS. KILL HIS ENTIRE FAMILY, EXCEPT FOR HIS DAUGHTERS.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:41 PM
welp

^