The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Old 06-29-2010, 12:39 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
from IMOC:

I have it from a good source that you will not hear Paschendale again on this tour...someone prefers Dance of death..

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Are you fucking shitting me...

Leave it to Maiden to take out 2 of the 4 songs I was most looking forward to.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
from IMOC:

I have it from a good source that you will not hear Paschendale again on this tour...someone prefers Dance of death..

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

That's...shitty. I always thought that was the one reunion song everybody agreed was awesome!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
That's...shitty. I always thought that was the one reunion song everybody agreed was awesome!
Fairly unanimously in the top 3 or 4 reunion songs. I have yet to hear a person really say they don't love Paschendale.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
well imho DOD and Paschendale are pretty much at the same level of greatness live so I wouldn't say the set is getting worse. The trade of Brighter for Wrathchild after the first show however was indeed a very bad move

Cheers !!
PowerMaiden

I love DOD too but I'd still say Paschendale is a little better.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 06-29-2010, 02:47 PM
D.B.B.

I got Paschendale

I can believe that they are taking it out of the set though. When I saw them live, they fucked up a lot, plus Bruce was off on the lyrics in parts.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:52 PM
In Search of Truth

Like we need to wonder who "that person" is.

I've said this before. Steve Harris is the #1 person keeping Maiden from reaching their potential these days. I'm not passing premature judgment on the new album, but based on everything I've heard regarding writing, recording, and playing live - people like Bruce and Adrian are about 10x more "on their game" than Steve is. They're the only ones preventing new Maiden material from being totally bogged down in over-repetativeness. Though I think it's a few steps shy of a perfect (or even really, really great) record, Tyranny of Souls (and the last several Bruce solo albums) were a helluva lot more inventive than anything Maiden's doing these days. And the most repetative songs on each album are always the ones Steve writes alone. There's been discussion in other threads about Steve's nearly dictator-like hold over the live sets, and this just goes further to prove how it's probably hurting them much more than it's helping them.

Furthermore, all this shit is doing is annoying the crap out of the people who actually liked/loved this setlist.

And to think, I actually don't care what song(s) I hear at my (now two) shows. Imagine how much of a rant I'd produce if I really cared.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:56 PM
In Search of Truth

And regarding live sloppiness: Maiden these days are never as tight as they should be, which is why they cut corners like they are now. As a musician, it's really fucking annoying to hear and see them messing things up that could be easily rectified. I have NO doubt that they dumped Brighter Than a Thousand Suns because they constantly fuck up that 7/4 section, not to mention I've seen/heard multiple bootlegs from the '06 tour where they cut half of Adrian's guiar solo out without warning and went straight into the fast section. So... what's easier to play than Wrathchild? Not much. Given that Paschendale is without a doubt the most complex song in the setlist, and I've heard they've fucked up parts of it live, I'm sure this is just more laziness making their decisions for them. I've come to the realization that the only reason they don't play old, rare songs is because everyone would have to re-learn them and they're not willing to go through the work.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Yeah, ever since at least Powerslave the songs Adrian and Bruce collaborate on have been some of their best. Dave comes up with some good stuff, too.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:28 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

sadly I have to agree with pretty much everything you said Maiden33, with the exeption of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
: Maiden these days are never as tight as they should be

they always are THE BAND to see live, they fucking destroys everything. But like I said you are probably right in 90% of your past 2 posts and that's probably why they've decided to chop Paschendale out. I still hope it's not true though ... damn it ! for once they were rotating 2 songs, that was soo refreshing

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 06-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I've always loved Maiden and how they pride themselves on being a "live band" so this laziness is a real shame. I don't love them any less but I wish they didn't take the easy route, it's unbecoming.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac