Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ghost -- Toronto, ON -- April 17, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

  #21  
Old 06-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I hope none of you that are planning on entering have more than 1 other person in your party, because if you do, and you have paperless tickets, you are shit outta luck.
I've got three other people going with me and we're in the pit. What exactly do you mean by this?

To TonyD: no i'm not in the fan club I just clicked the "best available" option the day the tickets went on sale and the pit tickets are what showed up. So I took them. Also, my worries about the paperless thing I believe are justified because i've never had to do it before at a show. Every show i've ever gone to i've had the ticket in my hand before I left my house. I don't think it's wrong to have some conserns, given the fact i've never been in this situation yet.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post

I hope none of you that are planning on entering have more than 1 other person in your party, because if you do, and you have paperless tickets, you are shit outta luck.
I knew they would fuck something up with this paperless ticket thing.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-14-2010, 01:03 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,144
I know there are occasionally pit tickets left over, for the SBIT tour I got my tickets at a ticketmaster outlet and was the second person there, the first person scored pit tickets but there were none left by the time I was up.
Trust me, as long as you have your credit card and ID, you'll be fine. I think Maiden33 is concerned about running straight to the rail after getting his tickets printed.
__________________
Mastodong/Gojira/KVELERTAK 5/1
Meshuggah 6/6
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Paperless Tickets / First to the Barrier issue:

-Paperless tickets dictate that everyone in your party must enter the venue at the same time.

-First to the Barrier dictates that the person who wins can bring just one guest with them.

So obviously the problem is that anyone who wins first to the Barrier with 3 or more tickets on their order/in their party is getting shafted because everyone has to enter at the same time.

Apparently some people have tried to sort it out, but those who have inquired directly with the venues have never been given a straight answer until it was too late.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Paperless Tickets / First to the Barrier issue:

-Paperless tickets dictate that everyone in your party must enter the venue at the same time.

-First to the Barrier dictates that the person who wins can bring just one guest with them.

So obviously the problem is that anyone who wins first to the Barrier with 3 or more tickets on their order/in their party is getting shafted because everyone has to enter at the same time.

Apparently some people have tried to sort it out, but those who have inquired directly with the venues have never been given a straight answer until it was too late.
We will be entering the venue together so there's no issue there at all for me. Unless i'm not getting you're point here
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
We will be entering the venue together so there's no issue there at all for me. Unless i'm not getting you're point here
If you win First to the Barrier, only you + ONE other person can enter the venue. If you have 3 or more people total in your party = problem.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
If you win First to the Barrier, only you + ONE other person can enter the venue. If you have 3 or more people total in your party = problem.
I've got four tickets for the pit as far as I know and that's it. I have no clue what this First to the Barrier thing is you're talking about. Please explain.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-14-2010, 03:19 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I've got four tickets for the pit as far as I know and that's it. I have no clue what this First to the Barrier thing is you're talking about. Please explain.
If you don't know what it is, you don't have to worry about it.
I thought you could only get 2 tickets through the Fan Club anyway?
__________________
Mastodong/Gojira/KVELERTAK 5/1
Meshuggah 6/6
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I've got four tickets for the pit as far as I know and that's it. I have no clue what this First to the Barrier thing is you're talking about. Please explain.
It's a fanclub contest. They draw X number of winners from all the people who have GA pit tickets to each given show. If you're not in the fanclub, disregard this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
If you don't know what it is, you don't have to worry about it.
I thought you could only get 2 tickets through the Fan Club anyway?
Nope, you can get 4. And judging by the amount of crap this is stirring up, a lot of people did.

I didn't though, just 2. So if there is a FTTB contest for my show, I have a much greater chance of winning.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-14-2010, 03:52 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,144
Actually 4 makes sense now since they're pretty much dettered scalpers from getting a hold of tickets. That kinda sucks, but it's only a problem for the few people who are in the FC, bought 4 tix and won the contest.
__________________
Mastodong/Gojira/KVELERTAK 5/1
Meshuggah 6/6
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008