Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Old 06-14-2010, 01:50 AM
Banned Asshole

Maiden - good band bro
Old 06-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeTheFornicator View Post
i had a bit of an issue with my maiden tickets too, both with the price and with the system... this whole paperless crap sucks.

ahh and what also makes me question this ticketing business is that I'm seeing Maiden and Carnage at the same venue where rushh will play, the Apitheatre in TO, and for the same spots on all three shows the ticket price difference is between 20 to 200 bucks!!
I don't have an issue with the price of my Maiden "tickets" because i've got them for the general admission pit section in front of the stage for the show I'm going to. So the almost $100 dollar price tag on each one is understandable to me.

What I do have an issue with is the whole paperless ticket bullshit. Instead of getting my Maiden tickets I have to wait until i'm at the venue the day of the show to even be sure I'm getting in I've never had to do this before in my 18 years of going to concerts. People have explained the whole system to me and it seems like there isn't much fault in it. But i'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried that i'm making a 3 hour trip to see Maiden without my ticket with me.

I'm seeing Rush next month and I paid $125 for my ticket. Rush and Maiden are just about the only two bands I don't mind paying this much for. Since they're my two favorite bands and you won't get a better show. The price difference with tickets even though it's in the same venue all has to do with the individual bands. Megadeth and Slayer, while very popular, aren't popular enough to charge the real big bucks. Rush and Maiden on the other hand are. It's also based on what each bands particular fanbase is willing to pay. I'm not sure if the bulk of Megadeth and Slayer fans will pay $100 bucks or better to see them. Unless it's some kind of special show. But I damn sure know a lot of Rush and Maiden fans will.

Some may say that tickets are too expensive but that's really all a matter of opinion on who you're going to see. If you think a band is worth the money than it isn't. But if you don't like them than it is too expensive. Bottom line, ticket prices are what they are and there's very little fans can really do to change that at all.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 06-14-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Quien sigue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I don't have an issue with the price of my Maiden "tickets" because i've got them for the general admission pit section in front of the stage for the show I'm going to. So the almost $100 dollar price tag on each one is understandable to me.
yeah, mine are on the same section, and i too have beef with the paperless crap, i think they can find better ways to combat scalpers, issuing the tickets with spectator names printed, similar to what TCV did during their first tour... i dont know but this paperless thing doesnt make me feel too comfortable.

one of the reasons why i didnt get RUSH tix for the TO dates was the price-for-spot... the $125 ticket you got wouldn't have land you anywhere near the 'pit' but more towards the middle back of the first level bowl... i was psyched to see RUSH twice in a week or so span but ill settle for the ottawa show.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:54 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeTheFornicator View Post
i had a bit of an issue with my maiden tickets too, both with the price and with the system... this whole paperless crap sucks.
I dont like the paperless ticket thing etiher. Some people have to travel to see maiden. Say you drive 3+ hours to the venue to see them and something fucks up you cant get your ticket and you cant get into see the show. If that happens you should still find a way in.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:55 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

More paranoid "what if" bitching about paperless tickets...
Old 06-14-2010, 01:02 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
More paranoid "what if" bitching about paperless tickets...
None of my previous bitching about tickets concerns "what ifs" - it's all legit problems with the system.

By the way, this system has completely fucked up Maiden's First to the Barrier contest.

I hope none of you that are planning on entering have more than 1 other person in your party, because if you do, and you have paperless tickets, you are shit outta luck.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
None of my previous bitching about tickets concerns "what ifs" - it's all legit problems with the system.

By the way, this system has completely fucked up Maiden's First to the Barrier contest.

I hope none of you that are planning on entering have more than 1 other person in your party, because if you do, and you have paperless tickets, you are shit outta luck.
Stupid question but...Can you enter if you don't have pit tickets?
Old 06-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

No.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 06-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Face The Slayer

Oh, dang, even if I had em I wouldn't be able to enter, I'm not in the FC...Next tour I should really join
Old 06-14-2010, 01:19 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Not directed at you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
Oh, dang, even if I had em I wouldn't be able to enter, I'm not in the FC...Next tour I should really join
You pretty much need to be in the FC to get pit tickets anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InPatient5100 View Post
Maiden - good band bro