Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-30-2010, 11:53 PM
N00B

Megadeth -- Santiago, Chile -- April 30th, 2010

Holy Shit!! Amazing show, I was sick, with fever, in bed since Tuesday and really I had afraid of miss this concert, but today was..."What the hell, If I'm gonna die, It must be in a Heavy Metal concert" so I went to bought my ticket and went straight to the venue, cool chat with my friends.

Necrosis was the opening band, chilean thrash metal band, was one of the first metal bands here, but I was sick, so I prefer to rest sit down in the floor and wait to Megadeth. Great Show, really worth it, FIVE MAGICS AMAZING...and for the encore in Peace Sells before that part "can you put a price on blabla", Mustaine said something like: "you guys are fucking amazing you deserve and exra song" and the 4 reunited and talked a little bit, and suddenly starts Skin O My Teeth...really cool, I need to go to rest now

here's the setlist

Dialectic Chaos
This Day We Fight
In My Darkest Hour
Holy Wars..The Punishment Due
Hangar 18
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Poison Was The Cure
Lucretia
Tornado Of Souls
Dawn Patrol
Rust in Peace...Polaris
--------------------------------------
Headcrusher
The Right To Go Insane
A Tout Le Monde
Symphony Of Destruction
--------------------------------------
Trust
Peace Sells / Skin O' My Teeth / Peace Sells
Holy Wars reprise

Old 05-01-2010, 12:06 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Replacing the interlude of Mechanix to Skin? No bueno, senior Mustaine.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:03 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Replacing the interlude of Mechanix to Skin? No bueno, senior Mustaine.
I don't like Mechanix so much, and in the last concert in 2008, they played Peace Sells/Mechanix/Peace Sells..so I guess he doesn't want to repeat it
Old 05-01-2010, 09:19 PM
N00B

I really wish they would replace Trust, with anything else.....
Old 05-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinPeace1113 View Post
I really wish they would replace Trust, with anything else.....
Agreed. I like the song and the riff is cool but overall it's nothing special. The song did help that album to sell really well, so I understand why it stays in the set so often. Still if they wanna do anything off CW they sould just stick with She-Wolf or maybe bust out something cool like Vortex which they never play. I doubt that's ever happening though.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:43 PM
N00B

I would like to hear songs from Youthanasia or Countdown....they had a great bunch of songs, but they don't like to change the "hits songs", I hate to compare but Metallica change the setlist everynight, that's awesome, Dave should learn of that, always these shows are predictable.

I would love to hear:

Train of Consequences
Youthanasia
Foreclosure Of A Dream
This Was My Life
Dread and The Fugitive Mind
Old 05-03-2010, 06:17 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristianrock View Post
I would like to hear songs from Youthanasia or Countdown....they had a great bunch of songs, but they don't like to change the "hits songs", I hate to compare but Metallica change the setlist everynight, that's awesome, Dave should learn of that, always these shows are predictable.

I would love to hear:

Train of Consequences
Youthanasia
Foreclosure Of A Dream
This Was My Life
Dread and The Fugitive Mind
There are negatives and positives to keeping the sets the same and switching them around. When you keep the set the same the band sounds a lot tighter and everything sounds as close to perfect as you can get. Plus, people who are going to a show expecting to hear certian songs won't feel cheated at all since the band will do them. Switching it up every night is cool because there's an element of surprise but it aslo can cause the band to sound a little off if they don't do the song every night. Plus, if someone goes to see Metallica expecting to hear Creeping Death and For Whom The Bell Tolls but they get Harvester Of Sorrow and Fuel instead they could get upset at that.

Everyone has their own way which works for them when playing live. They each have their ups and downs. There's not really a perfect way to do a live show at all. Of the Megadeth songs you've listed Dread & The Fugitive Mind I would say has the best chance of appearing again. I wouldn't be expecting the other ones at all. TOC might have a chance of getting back to but that wouldn't be too wise of a descision since I think that song ranks up there with the stuff on Risk as one of Mustaine's worts songs.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:08 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
There are negatives and positives to keeping the sets the same and switching them around. When you keep the set the same the band sounds a lot tighter and everything sounds as close to perfect as you can get. Plus, people who are going to a show expecting to hear certian songs won't feel cheated at all since the band will do them. Switching it up every night is cool because there's an element of surprise but it aslo can cause the band to sound a little off if they don't do the song every night. Plus, if someone goes to see Metallica expecting to hear Creeping Death and For Whom The Bell Tolls but they get Harvester Of Sorrow and Fuel instead they could get upset at that.

Everyone has their own way which works for them when playing live. They each have their ups and downs. There's not really a perfect way to do a live show at all. Of the Megadeth songs you've listed Dread & The Fugitive Mind I would say has the best chance of appearing again. I wouldn't be expecting the other ones at all. TOC might have a chance of getting back to but that wouldn't be too wise of a descision since I think that song ranks up there with the stuff on Risk as one of Mustaine's worts songs.
yeah, I agree with you, depends on which is the better way of making shows, I read that Shawn and Chris has made these last setlist from the R.I.P tour, Mustaine said it in the Megadeth forum, it's cool that they help him

ToC I listened before in 2005, so I'm not desperate, but Dread and The Fugitive Mind I love it, also Mary Jane, well..stop dreaming haha
Old 05-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristianrock View Post
ToC I listened before in 2005, so I'm not desperate, but Dread and The Fugitive Mind I love it, also Mary Jane, well..stop dreaming haha
Mary Jane isn't happening anytime soon. I'm that way with The Conjuring. I want so bad for it to be played but I know it won't be
Old 06-05-2010, 09:57 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Agreed. I like the song and the riff is cool but overall it's nothing special. The song did help that album to sell really well, so I understand why it stays in the set so often. Still if they wanna do anything off CW they sould just stick with She-Wolf or maybe bust out something cool like Vortex which they never play. I doubt that's ever happening though.
yeah, seriously, CW has SOME amazing songs, (VORTEX) it's not like "Trust" was a #1 single. I'd rather hear some randoms from Youthanasia or Countdown (Family Tree, Victory, High Speed Dirt.)

Tags
megadeth