Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 06-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Custom User Title

Fuck double post.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Concert Veteran

I know a lot of you don't like what he said but he's not completly in the wrong here. Maiden still sells loads of tickets to their shows because of what they did in the 80s. Not because of what they've done the last 3 albums. The vast majority of the people coming are people who wanna hear the old stuff. As great as the last three albums are I prefer they dropped a few of the newer ones in favor ANYTHING off of POM, SIT and Seventh Son.

I'll give you guys an example of an older fan of Maiden that I used to work worth back when AMOLAD came out. He was in his early 40s and used to love Maiden back in 80s when he was younger. But he grew up and got married and had two kids and that became his life from that point on. He pretty much thought they ended when Bruce left after FOTD and wasn't even aware that he was back with them and had done three albums already. It's not about being ignorant so much as it's about once you grow up there are more important things than listening to Maiden. When all you youngins on here get older you'll understand what i'm talking about

Anyways, I burned him the last three albums and he loved them. Without me he probably would never have heard these great albums. But just because he liked them doesn't mean they're gonna have special place the 80s stuff does with him. Maiden will draw a lot of people around his age who are in the same boat as he was when it comes to the new stuff. While they may like it, they prefer to listen to the stuff that got them into the band. The stuff that makes them feel nostalgic about their youth and brings back fond memories. Songs like NML and TCDR, while good, deffinately don't do that at all for a lot of people going to these shows.

I think the fans who are upset have every right to be because being in my early 30s I get what they're saying. I do like the newer stuff a lot too. So, i'm one of those who's torn between fans of both era's. I understand both sides of the debate but I still lean towards the older stuff because that's what got me into them.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:25 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

ALL BANDS SHOULD PLAY THE SAME SONGS ALL TOURS
Old 06-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
ALL BANDS SHOULD PLAY THE SAME SONGS ALL TOURS
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 06-10-2010, 07:47 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Personally, that setlist is perfect, bar the AMOLAD stuff, since they played that album in whole on that tour, I think only one song, if any, should suffice. Also, I agree, they should play the classics at every concert. Wanna know why? BECUASE THEYRE FUCKING CLASSICS. Theyre the famous songs, the ones that are on the greatest hits. Its why Metallica will never drop Enter Sandman, or The Rolling Stones will never drop Paint it Black. Theyre classic songs, theyre what most people pay to see. Yes if youve seen them a bunch of times, you'd rather hear a few different songs, but the crowd isn't composed of people who've seen them a bunch of times, alot of them are kids who wanna see the big songs for the frist time. This setlist is as great a setlist as I could imagine seeing, without another 'classics' tour.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Personally, that setlist is perfect, bar the AMOLAD stuff, since they played that album in whole on that tour, I think only one song, if any, should suffice. Also, I agree, they should play the classics at every concert. Wanna know why? BECUASE THEYRE FUCKING CLASSICS. Theyre the famous songs, the ones that are on the greatest hits. Its why Metallica will never drop Enter Sandman, or The Rolling Stones will never drop Paint it Black. Theyre classic songs, theyre what most people pay to see. Yes if youve seen them a bunch of times, you'd rather hear a few different songs, but the crowd isn't composed of people who've seen them a bunch of times, alot of them are kids who wanna see the big songs for the frist time. This setlist is as great a setlist as I could imagine seeing, without another 'classics' tour.
boom.
10/4-Melvins
Old 06-10-2010, 08:56 PM
In Search of Truth

One more pointless thought:

Regarding comments about "the classics":
I'll bite, that maybe they should be willing to oblige people who want to hear the classics... but isn't 4 or 5 set staples enough? Because there's that many in this setlist. I'm willing to agree that 4 or 5 songs is fine, but I am Not willing to agree that every Maiden set needs to include:

Iron Maiden (a given, though)
Hallowed Be Thy Name (fine with this)
Fear of the Dark
Number of the beast
Run to the Hills
The Trooper
2 Minutes to Midnight
Wrathchild
Either Can I Play with Madness, The Clairvoyant, or The Evil That Men Do

Half of these in any setlist is more than enough. Also, I think this was mentioned in the other thread: Wasted Years and Aces High aren't staples. They may be hits, but both of them have only ever been played on 4 and 3 tours total, respectively.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
*enters kid who wants to see the big songs for the first time*

Sup guys?
Old 06-10-2010, 09:04 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
One more pointless thought:

Regarding comments about "the classics":
I'll bite, that maybe they should be willing to oblige people who want to hear the classics... but isn't 4 or 5 set staples enough? Because there's that many in this setlist. I'm willing to agree that 4 or 5 songs is fine, but I am Not willing to agree that every Maiden set needs to include:

Iron Maiden (a given, though)
Hallowed Be Thy Name (fine with this)
Fear of the Dark
Number of the beast
Run to the Hills
The Trooper
2 Minutes to Midnight
Wrathchild
Either Can I Play with Madness, The Clairvoyant, or The Evil That Men Do

Half of these in any setlist is more than enough. Also, I think this was mentioned in the other thread: Wasted Years and Aces High aren't staples. They may be hits, but both of them have only ever been played on 4 and 3 tours total, respectively.
I agree with what youre saying, its just that 4 or 5 should be the minimum they play. And 4 or 5 from this list would make me happy.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:06 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
*enters kid who wants to see the big songs for the first time*

Sup guys?
Not a kid, and yes, I want to see NOTB, FOTD and Iron Maiden live from the 'big songs'. I'm actually happier bout the BNW material more than anything else.

After that, my ideal setlist would be fairly obscure. I only got mad there cuz it seems to me that most of you 'diehard' Maiden fans will never be happy. Which really grates on me.