Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ghost -- Boulder, CO -- April 23rd, 2014
Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Makes sense, about an hour from start to finish with breaks.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:49 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chewbacca defense View Post
wonder if dt will change it up a bit from night to night like they usually do. but yeah, great to the point heavy set
Maybe a little, but Portnoy said it's pretty much gonna stay constant.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:49 PM
One sexy Holy Father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I will be posting the setlist as it comes to us via
Dream Theater:
01.As I AM
02.A Rite of Passage
03.Home
04.A Nightmare to Remember
05.Pull Me Under
If that is indeed correct I am somewhat surprised and for the most part very pleased.

Surprised that they kept ANtR and put it where they did, and I'm surprised and very happy they didn't include Constant Motion or Panic Attack in the set.

On top of that As I Am is awesome live and great for Maiden fans to hear first, A Rite of Passage is an obvious choice being the lead single and most normally metal song from the new album, and the next one is huge for me... at my 11th Dream Theater show I'll FINALLY get to see Home. I wish if they were going to keep a song as long as ANtR they would have done The Count of Tuscany instead, and I'll be happy to see the full version of Pull Me Under, as previously I've only ever seen it as part of a PMU/Metropolis medley.

Up the prog!
Old 06-09-2010, 05:50 PM
N00B

starting!!
Old 06-09-2010, 05:50 PM
One sexy Holy Father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chewbacca defense View Post
wonder if dt will change it up a bit from night to night like they usually do. but yeah, great to the point heavy set
It was all but officially confirmed before the tour that DT will NOT be changing sets at all between shows.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:53 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
If that is indeed correct I am somewhat surprised and for the most part very pleased.

Surprised that they kept ANtR and put it where they did, and I'm surprised and very happy they didn't include Constant Motion or Panic Attack in the set.

On top of that As I Am is awesome live and great for Maiden fans to hear first, A Rite of Passage is an obvious choice being the lead single and most normally metal song from the new album, and the next one is huge for me... at my 11th Dream Theater show I'll FINALLY get to see Home. I wish if they were going to keep a song as long as ANtR they would have done The Count of Tuscany instead, and I'll be happy to see the full version of Pull Me Under, as previously I've only ever seen it as part of a PMU/Metropolis medley.

Up the prog!
The Count Of Tuscany would be cool, but that is essentially a 20 minute song. I'm pretty sure they would have to cut at least 2 other songs if they want to play that, leaving about a 3 song set.

I also have yet to see Pull Me Under in full, or Metropolis. I've only ever seen that medley or the Metropolis/learning to Live/Crimson Sunset medley.

Also Mike Portnoy has hinted that there might be one song change in the setlist. To my guess that would be Metropolis for Pull Me Under or Raw Dog as a special one off.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:54 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
The Count Of Tuscany would be cool, but that is essentially a 20 minute song. I'm pretty sure they would have to cut at least 2 other songs if they want to play that, leaving about a 3 song set.

I also have yet to see Pull Me Under in full, or Metropolis. I've only ever seen that medley or the Metropolis/learning to Live/Crimson Sunset medley
According to a different Twitter, DT also played Constant Motion after Home. I'll wait to check confirmation and change it.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:56 PM
One sexy Holy Father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post

I also have yet to see Pull Me Under in full, or Metropolis. I've only ever seen that medley or the Metropolis/learning to Live/Crimson Sunset medley
I was suggesting switching out A Nightmare to Remember for The Count of Tuscany. That still is 3 extra minutes, so I guess it wasn't truly doable, but I can wish.

As for Metropolis, I've seen it as part of a PMU/Met medley, that Met/LtL/Crimson Sunset medley, normally, and with the Score orchestra. So while it's a big time favorite of mine I'm not too miffed they left it out.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:57 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

your time will coooooooooooooooome
Old 06-09-2010, 05:58 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
According to a different Twitter, DT also played Constant Motion after Home. I'll wait to check confirmation and change it.
I read that as well. Leaving the setlist on my itunes to be 1;00:34. it is very possible that it was played, but well passed the 50 minutes set.

Tags
dream theater, iron maiden