Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

  #1  
Old 06-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,916
Unisonic -- Morlenbach, Germany -- June 5th, 2010

Source:http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=141219

This was the first show by the new band featuring Michael Kiske. This is the first time Kiske has immersed himself in a complete band set up in many years, and will actually be performing live on a somewhat regular basis with it. This was the first time Kiske has done a live show in... SEVENTEEN YEARS.

Band line-up:
Michael Kiske: Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Dennis Ward: Bass, Backing Vocals
Mandy Meyer: Guitars
Kosta Zafiriou - Drums

01. Cross The Line (Place Vendome)
02. I'll Be Gone (Place Vendome))
03. I'll Be Waiting (Place Vendome)
04. Set Me Free (Place Vendome)
05. My Guardian Angel (Place Vendome)
06. Too Late (Place Vendome)
07. 6/8 Souls Alive (New Song)
08. Completely Breathless (Place Vendome)
09. Sign Of The Times (Place Vendome)
10. Streets of Fire (Place Vendome)
11. The Setting Sun (Place Vendome)
12. Follow Me (Place Vendome)
13. Kids Of The Century (Helloween)
14. A Little Time (Helloween)
15. 6/8 Souls Alive (reprise)
16. Cross The Line (reprise)

Gotta be honest, way more Place Vendome songs than I expected, but I like the albums a decent amount, so not really complaining (not that I'm gonna see this anyway). I just figured there would be more new, original material here.

There's video on YouTube (or at the link) if anyone feels like checking it out.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-08-2010, 02:33 AM
maidenpriest's Avatar
maidenpriest maidenpriest is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,631
well judging by the crappy video quality of A Little Time...Kiske sounds pretty good they should bust out future world or something that would be cool. or You Always Walk Alone
__________________
Dream Theater- 4/20
Iced Earth -5/1
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-08-2010, 02:43 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,947
Saw this a couple of days ago. Massively disappointed. I can't work out why they're taking so long to get any Unisonic material sorted.

These shows are not Unisonic shows. They're Place Vendome shows. Switching to Epica this week at Sweden Rock because of this set. I wanted to hear new Unisonic material.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-08-2010, 02:54 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
well judging by the crappy video quality of A Little Time...Kiske sounds pretty good they should bust out future world or something that would be cool. or You Always Walk Alone
I think the reason they're doing those 2 Helloween tunes is because Kiske wrote them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Saw this a couple of days ago. Massively disappointed. I can't work out why they're taking so long to get any Unisonic material sorted.

These shows are not Unisonic shows. They're Place Vendome shows. Switching to Epica this week at Sweden Rock because of this set. I wanted to hear new Unisonic material.
Are you actually expecting the new Unisonic material to sound much different than Place Vendome? I'm not.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-08-2010, 03:10 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Are you actually expecting the new Unisonic material to sound much different than Place Vendome? I'm not.
I'm open to the possibility. Either way, I still wanted to hear some. That's the whole point in booking Unisonic... to hear Unisonic songs. If they aren't going to play any (well, one), booking them is pointless.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-08-2010, 03:12 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
15. 6/8 Souls Alive (reprise)
16. Cross The Line (reprise)
My understanding is these weren't so much a reprise as a complete second take for filming purposes?
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-08-2010, 03:12 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I'm open to the possibility. Either way, I still wanted to hear some. That's the whole point in booking Unisonic... to hear Unisonic songs. If they aren't going to play any (well, one), booking them is pointless.
I agree, but nevertheless I'd still be planning on seeing them. Mostly just because I absolutely love the song "Cross the line" from the first Place Vendome album.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-08-2010, 03:12 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
My understanding is these weren't so much a reprise as a complete second take for filming purposes?
I have no idea.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-08-2010, 03:13 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I have no idea.
Well why not?! Weren't you there?! Call yourself a fan!?
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-08-2010, 03:14 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I agree, but nevertheless I'd still be planning on seeing them. Mostly just because I absolutely love the song "Cross the line" from the first Place Vendome album.
I totally advise Kiske fans to still see them. If for no other reason than he's a lazy fucker and you might not get the chance again.

For people casually interested in the new band, waste of time. I just wish someone better than Epica were playing opposite.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
unisonic

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008