Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Nope, haha. Didn't know those were ever there.

And nah I didn't see that shirt. A few with the classic logo, one with a hand holding a pocketwatch that my friend bought, another with the band on it that was a tour shirt...didn't look too closely though, went for the trucker hat. I assume it's for....wait for it....Peterbilt truckers.
That's good those things looked like crackheads slept on them.

Oh okay it just came up on the merch site last week so probably not selling them on the road just yet. [

http://"http://www.indiemerchstore.c...ore.com/clutch

They also have a new Derek Hess design one that is based off a show poster he did for the band (hand holding an engine).

Every time I see a Peterbilt semi the song pops in my head.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Late getting to the party, but glad you had a blast.

First off, that's a pretty rad fucking set (although what most folks don't seem to fathom is that just about any Clutch set is rad as fuck ).

Second, I haven't been on here much lately, so I wasn't really even aware that you were going. Glad I didn't know, frankly, because it would have made me want to try that much harder to go, and really I had no business being there. My wife is ready to deliver any day now, and I've been busy helping make preparations and so forth. I played my copy of Full Fathom Five last night in honor of the show, though - being the nerd that I am.

Third (and speaking of DVD's), they didn't have a copy of the new DVD for sale by any chance, did they? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna order that this week (or soon, anyway), and I was just curious. It includes the entirety of the self-titled album, plus some other tracks, I believe, so that's a no-brainer for me.

Super glad they played some rarities like Slow Hole and King of Arizona for ya...that musta been sweet. Plus Pure Rock Fury...I seem to remember that being a fave of yourn. Personally, I would have been tickled by Dragonfly (not that it's one of my all-time faves, but it's a damn good one I haven't seen live yet), or Soapmakers. I have yet to see that one live, and it's one of my favorite Clutch songs of all time. I think it would absolutely kill live. Gotta git me somma that someday.

Hope to go to a Clutch gig with youse someday...it's always way fucking better with fellow addicts aboard.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:36 PM
N00B

^^^ Hope all is well with the wifey

I think its funny reading the Clutch reviews on here. We all seem to have the song we've seen 9 times but dont care for, while there's one or two songs we seem to keep missing, while someone else has the exact opposite experience on the same songs.

God I love Clutch.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
^^^ Hope all is well with the wifey
God I love Clutch.
Thanks! She's doing fine, but she's damn ready for this shit to be over with, as you and I can only imagine.

...and fuck yes to the last part of your post.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Float the name Ozzy to your wife, I think she'll dig it.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
Float the name Ozzy to your wife, I think she'll dig it.
I lol'ed.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:45 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Thanks! She's doing fine, but she's damn ready for this shit to be over with, as you and I can only imagine.

...and fuck yes to the last part of your post.
Every day I give thanks at least once that I'm a guy.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Quote:
Late getting to the party, but glad you had a blast.

First off, that's a pretty rad fucking set (although what most folks don't seem to fathom is that just about any Clutch set is rad as fuck ).

Second, I haven't been on here much lately, so I wasn't really even aware that you were going. Glad I didn't know, frankly, because it would have made me want to try that much harder to go, and really I had no business being there. My wife is ready to deliver any day now, and I've been busy helping make preparations and so forth. I played my copy of Full Fathom Five last night in honor of the show, though - being the nerd that I am.

Third (and speaking of DVD's), they didn't have a copy of the new DVD for sale by any chance, did they? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna order that this week (or soon, anyway), and I was just curious. It includes the entirety of the self-titled album, plus some other tracks, I believe, so that's a no-brainer for me.

Super glad they played some rarities like Slow Hole and King of Arizona for ya...that musta been sweet. Plus Pure Rock Fury...I seem to remember that being a fave of yourn. Personally, I would have been tickled by Dragonfly (not that it's one of my all-time faves, but it's a damn good one I haven't seen live yet), or Soapmakers. I have yet to see that one live, and it's one of my favorite Clutch songs of all time. I think it would absolutely kill live. Gotta git me somma that someday.

Hope to go to a Clutch gig with youse someday...it's always way fucking better with fellow addicts aboard.
Yes, honestly there is no such thing as a bad Clutch set.

Hope things are going well with your family. I heard they were supposed to have 9:30 Club DVD at the show but I'm not sure since I couldn't make it either. Slow Hole is a crowd pleaser definitely King of Arizona is a very groovy number and Eric Oblander doesn't overdue the mouth harp too much. Dragonfly is definitely a fav of mine and if it's played I'm always happy. Soapmakers seems to be the one that always gets played in other states I have caught it twice in eleven Clutch shows. Soapmakers does kill live especially when people start doing "the ogre stomp" then when it slows down they don't know what to do

Hopefully, all the Ohio gear heads on this site will get a shot to meet up the next time Clutch rolls into town.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:59 PM
We're dying on the inside

Yep, should have mentioned, Eric Oblander came out and did harp on three songs. And yeah, Soapmakers and Dragonfly were among the highlights. Hell, I can't complain about any Clutch setlist though, they've got easily 100 songs I'd kill to see live any day of the week.

And yeah, that new DVD was on sale. Of course, I've already had it for a few weeks.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
I lol'ed.
And that's only if it's a girl...

Tags
clutch