Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 06-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
It's not a dirty word... it's just a shit one. I don't use it because it sounds fucking dumb.
This
Old 06-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Back to the topic at hand - Fonzbear, do you regularly post while drunk and/or high?
I've asked him this question as well and he claims he doesn't at all. It's good to see i'm not the only one who gets that impression from his posts.

Weather he wants to or not he always seems to spark some type of debate all the time. Which really isn't a bad thing on a message board.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I have gotten pretty sick of people using this like it's a dirty word, and that people should be ashamed for classifying themselves as metalheads.
Agree 100%, I know a guy who thinks like this, and it's annoying as hell. Whenever I comment on him expanding into more metal he goes on lkke "OMG SHUT UP, I'M NOT A METALHEAD AND I NEVER WILL BE, I WANNA BE ME." When all I'm really saying is that I'm glad you're opening up to more metal.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
Agree 100%, I know a guy who thinks like this, and it's annoying as hell. Whenever I comment on him expanding into more metal he goes on lkke "OMG SHUT UP, I'M NOT A METALHEAD AND I NEVER WILL BE, I WANNA BE ME." When all I'm really saying is that I'm glad you're opening up to more metal.
I don't see anything wrong with that. He doesn't want to be classified in some stereotyped group. Seems fair.

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 06-03-2010, 01:50 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Back to the topic at hand - Fonzbear, do you regularly post while drunk and/or high?
I am NEVER high or drunk when I post, but I can see why some would think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I've asked him this question as well and he claims he doesn't at all. It's good to see i'm not the only one who gets that impression from his posts.

Weather he wants to or not he always seems to spark some type of debate all the time. Which really isn't a bad thing on a message board.
Unfortunately, my rants make me look like a drunken fool. I really need to stop them.

Last edited by Travis The Dragon; 06-03-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I don't see anything wrong with that. He doesn't want to be classified in some stereotyped group. Seems fair.
But that's the thing, a metalhead is just supposed to mean you enjoy metal, but people think that it defines every aspect of you're life, when it doesn't. People arn't getting that.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:20 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Never really got into NIN. I downloaded this EP but have yet to listen.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
I wasn't saying that the statement made them wrong, only that it didn't make them right, so, there's another invalid argument on your part. You're the one who said that a lot of people would agree with you on NIN being better than those bands, as if mass opinion meant a damn when it comes to the worth of a band.

As for this whole "metalhead mentality" thing we're talking about: I'd much rather get into a discussion/debate with a fellow metalhead over a band, as opposed to "Oh hey, do you like (metal band)??" "No, but I don't care that you do! Do you like (awful pop rock band)??" "No, but it's okay that you do!" Yeah, being an elitist makes you a bit of a dick, but it makes for better conversations, IMO.
not saying a mass opinion matters, but saying that there are others who think that. it's just an opinion.

and of course i'm not talking going to talk discuss and debate a metal band to someone who doesn't listen to it. i was just comparing metalheads and people in general who listen to other stuff. maybe an elitist does make better conversations sometimes, but it becomes rather annoying when you say "i like/prefer (insert band here) better than (insert another band), and get a response saying "no, you're wrong, this band is better," and sometimes even thinking "you're an idiot for thinking that." like geez it's just a fucking opinion. does it not let some people sleep at night that some people prefer different music/metal than others? does it get some people THAT irritated and upset when someone says they like a band the other person hates than a band that the other person loves?

for example if i were to say i like Suicide Silence over a band like Behemoth or Cannibal Corpse, everyone would throw a shit fit telling me how i'm wrong. deal with it, it's just an opinion.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 06-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Banned Asshole

Unless they agreed with you...
Old 06-03-2010, 06:06 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
and of course i'm not talking going to talk discuss and debate a metal band to someone who doesn't listen to it. i was just comparing metalheads and people in general who listen to other stuff. maybe an elitist does make better conversations sometimes, but it becomes rather annoying when you say "i like/prefer (insert band here) better than (insert another band), and get a response saying "no, you're wrong, this band is better," and sometimes even thinking "you're an idiot for thinking that." like geez it's just a fucking opinion.
I know exactly what you mean. This friend of mine, whenever I tell him an opinion of mine on anything and he doesn't agree with it, he sorta screams "Are you an idiot???" No, man, I'm not. It's just an opinion, chill out.

also, music is subjective. There are no facts in music (relating to whether one band is better than another, that is)