Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-31-2010, 02:34 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
That's understandable. Did they keep the casket closed for when everyone walked by?
Closed.

I really think that Dio wasn't in the casket. During the ceremony, people kept saying that the real funeral was the day before. Wouldn't that mean that he was buried that day?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
That's understandable. Did they keep the casket closed for when everyone walked by?
Yeah it was closed.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Closed.

I really think that Dio wasn't in the casket. During the ceremony, people kept saying that the real funeral was the day before. Wouldn't that mean that he was buried that day?
That's intresting. It could've been someone just starting a rumor though because the casket was closed. There's no reason to believe that he wasn't in there. It doesn't make much sense to have this whole big send off with the casket on stage if he was already buried. I think they would of told everyone and not had it on the stage if that were the case.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Closed.

Yeah it was an empty casket, I think.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I figured the casket was empty too. That's why I just left after the ceremony was over and missed walking up to the casket. I was burnt out after waiting over 3 hours outside in the sun and 4 hours inside with no food or drink.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:36 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
That's intresting. It could've been someone just starting a rumor though because the casket was closed. There's no reason to believe that he wasn't in there. It doesn't make much sense to have this whole big send off with the casket on stage if he was already buried. I think they would of told everyone and not had it on the stage if that were the case.
No, the people that spoke during the ceremony said it themselves that the actual funeral was the day before.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:57 AM
N00B

If I had known there would be musical performances I would have gone. I ended up going to a gig at Rhino Records. Damn.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijwthstd View Post
If I had known there would be musical performances I would have gone. I ended up going to a gig at Rhino Records. Damn.
How was it possible not to know that? They didn't wait two weeks to do it just so they could do something ordinary for him.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Concert Veteran

To put the debate to bed about weather Ronnie was really in the casket or not at this memorial. It's been reported on the Black Sabbath message board that he was laid to rest yesterday afternoon. Vinny, Geezer, Craig Goldy, Steve Mignardi, Scott Warren and Simon Wright were the paulbearers. So i'm guessing for those who passed by the casket at his memorial, yes Ronnie was in there when you walked by.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Random Star

I got an email today from the Eddie Trunk website where Eddie mentions the private funeral was Saturday.

Quote:
Just back from LA, the Dio memorial and funeral. Friday was the private viewing, Saturday was the private funeral and Sunday the public memorial I had the honor to host. So many amazing performances and speeches, all in tribute to the great Ronnie James Dio. It was great to see and connect with so many again, but obviously we all wish it was under better circumstances. Wendy Dio and her team did everything so classy and respectful, fitting for a man like Ronnie. So many friends and family gathered at the various events over the weekend. Spent time with Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward, Oni Logan, Rudy Sarzo, Doug Aldrich, Craig Goldy, Frankie Banali, Claude Schnell, Scott Warren, Vinny Appice, Glenn Hughes, Simon Wright, Rob Halford, Joey Belladonna and so many others. The public event Sunday was a tremendous honor to host. Thousands of fans, friends and family showed up at Forest Lawn for a final goodbye to Ronnie...
http://eddietrunk.com/index.cfm?pk=v...wsletter060210

EDIT: Apparently, he was buried Tuesday 6/1. I have an email in to ET to find out what he was talking about.

Last edited by Platinum Maze; 06-03-2010 at 07:01 AM.