Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ceremonial Castings -- Seattle, WA -- July 7th, 2014
Flotsam and Jetsam -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 9th, 2014
King Buzzo -- Dover, NH -- July 9, 2014
Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 05-31-2010, 12:14 PM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
A John Lennon song does not belong at a tribute to the master of Metal. If they wanted more soft songs they could have played some more Ronnie songs such as The temple of the king, Rainbow eyes, and all the fools sailed away. Those would have been better than stripping down "man on the silver mountain."
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Great review man!
Thanks!
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
New New Hero!
Would've been mine too if he weren't wearing an AC/DC - Back in Black t-shirt.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-31-2010, 12:23 PM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 5,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
A John Lennon song does not belong at a tribute to the master of Metal. If they wanted more soft songs they could have played some more Ronnie songs such as The temple of the king, Rainbow eyes, and all the fools sailed away. Those would have been better than stripping down "man on the silver mountain."
If you were there, then you would have understood why this song fit perfectly in the tribute. Dio meant the world to Paul Shortino. He gave a speech bout how devastated he was by loosing Dio. Paul said that one of Dio and his favorite songs were the John Lennon song. He was going to do a Dio song, but this song meant a lot more to the relationship he had with Dio.
__________________
7/11-Wicklow Atwater
7/12-Terrorizer
7/25-Exodus
8/10-Absinthe Rose
8/28-31-Muddy Roots
9/25-Slim Cessna
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-31-2010, 12:30 PM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 5,800
Oh did anyone see that guy with the devil mask on? He was annoying as shit! I would try to listen to what was being sad by each speaker and he kept yelling out random shit. Then he would sing loudly along with the songs. Now I wouldn't normally mind the singing, but it was a memorial service and I wanted to hear each persons' acoustic versions of Dio's songs. Plus the devil guy sucked at singing haha. Overall, he was the annoying part of the service.
__________________
7/11-Wicklow Atwater
7/12-Terrorizer
7/25-Exodus
8/10-Absinthe Rose
8/28-31-Muddy Roots
9/25-Slim Cessna
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,987
Nice review of the service Andrew. I read in another review that they actually let those in attendance walk by the casket to pay their final respects to Ronnie. Did you do that as well?

To those who are bitching about the song selection and them doing MOTSM acoustic, are you guys fuckin serious? Think before you post. Did it cross your mind that maybe Ronnie was a big fan of the Lennon song that was performed and his friends and family thought it would be a nice touch if it was added to the service? Have you ever been to a funeral at all? It's a somber ocassion and it's not the time to plug the guitars in and blow out the speakers. Even if it is for Dio, that's what the memorial concerts will be for. Doing songs acoustically fits the ocassion perfectly. No one at a funeral is saying "man, I wish I was able to rock out right now".

Some people will find anything to complain about it seems. Even in something that was as positive and beautiful as this service seemingly sounds like it was. This sounded like a great send off for the man. Yet some of you can't stand that and you JUST NEEDED to find something negative to say. Grow the fuck up people
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-31-2010, 12:41 PM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Nice review of the service Andrew. I read in another review that they actually let those in attendance walk by the casket to pay their final respects to Ronnie. Did you do that as well?

To those who are bitching about the song selection and them doing MOTSM acoustic, are you guys fuckin serious? Think before you post. Did it cross your mind that maybe Ronnie was a big fan of the Lennon song that was performed and his friends and family thought it would be a nice touch if it was added to the service? Have you ever been to a funeral at all? It's a somber ocassion and it's not the time to plug the guitars in and blow out the speakers. Even if it is for Dio, that's what the memorial concerts will be for. Doing songs acoustically fits the ocassion perfectly. No one at a funeral is saying "man, I wish I was able to rock out right now".

Some people will find anything to complain about it seems. Even in something that was as positive and beautiful as this service seemingly sounds like it was. This sounded like a great send off for the man. Yet some of you can't stand that and you JUST NEEDED to find something negative to say. Grow the fuck up people
Yeah dude fuck those who are complaining. How can people complain at THIS???????

And yeah I did go to the casket as well. Sorry I didn't mention it. The Hughes song at the end overwhelmed me beyond words. I completely spaced out after that lol so didn't mention the proceeding after.
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Crionics's Avatar
Crionics Crionics is offline
Face The Slayer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Would've been mine too if he weren't wearing an AC/DC - Back in Black t-shirt.
That just adds to the awsomeness for me
__________________
08/17- GWAR-B-Q 2013
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-31-2010, 01:00 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,725
I was proud to be apart of the memorial service. The acoustic performance of Heaven & Hell brought tears to my eyes. But overall, it was a beautiful service and well worth the 12 hours without food and the heat.
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-31-2010, 01:09 PM
elturtleboy's Avatar
elturtleboy elturtleboy is offline
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California/LA
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
Oh did anyone see that guy with the devil mask on? He was annoying as shit! I would try to listen to what was being sad by each speaker and he kept yelling out random shit. Then he would sing loudly along with the songs. Now I wouldn't normally mind the singing, but it was a memorial service and I wanted to hear each persons' acoustic versions of Dio's songs. Plus the devil guy sucked at singing haha. Overall, he was the annoying part of the service.
As soon as i saw that guy i started cracking up. When he passed by the casket he gave his little speech.
__________________
7/12-Terrorizer/Wehrmacht??
7/14-Backtrack/Harms Way
7/20-Wolves In The Throne Room?
7/25-Municipal Waste or Exodus??
8/1-Ceremony/Dangers
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Yeah dude fuck those who are complaining. How can people complain at THIS???????

And yeah I did go to the casket as well. Sorry I didn't mention it. The Hughes song at the end overwhelmed me beyond words. I completely spaced out after that lol so didn't mention the proceeding after.
That's understandable. Did they keep the casket closed for when everyone walked by?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008