King Buzzo -- Dover, NH -- July 9, 2014
Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
A John Lennon song does not belong at a tribute to the master of Metal. If they wanted more soft songs they could have played some more Ronnie songs such as The temple of the king, Rainbow eyes, and all the fools sailed away. Those would have been better than stripping down "man on the silver mountain."
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Great review man!
Thanks!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:21 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
New New Hero!
Would've been mine too if he weren't wearing an AC/DC - Back in Black t-shirt.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
A John Lennon song does not belong at a tribute to the master of Metal. If they wanted more soft songs they could have played some more Ronnie songs such as The temple of the king, Rainbow eyes, and all the fools sailed away. Those would have been better than stripping down "man on the silver mountain."
If you were there, then you would have understood why this song fit perfectly in the tribute. Dio meant the world to Paul Shortino. He gave a speech bout how devastated he was by loosing Dio. Paul said that one of Dio and his favorite songs were the John Lennon song. He was going to do a Dio song, but this song meant a lot more to the relationship he had with Dio.
8/10-Absinthe Rose
8/28-31-Muddy Roots
9/25-Slim Cessna
Old 05-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Oh did anyone see that guy with the devil mask on? He was annoying as shit! I would try to listen to what was being sad by each speaker and he kept yelling out random shit. Then he would sing loudly along with the songs. Now I wouldn't normally mind the singing, but it was a memorial service and I wanted to hear each persons' acoustic versions of Dio's songs. Plus the devil guy sucked at singing haha. Overall, he was the annoying part of the service.
8/10-Absinthe Rose
8/28-31-Muddy Roots
9/25-Slim Cessna
Old 05-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Concert Veteran

Nice review of the service Andrew. I read in another review that they actually let those in attendance walk by the casket to pay their final respects to Ronnie. Did you do that as well?

To those who are bitching about the song selection and them doing MOTSM acoustic, are you guys fuckin serious? Think before you post. Did it cross your mind that maybe Ronnie was a big fan of the Lennon song that was performed and his friends and family thought it would be a nice touch if it was added to the service? Have you ever been to a funeral at all? It's a somber ocassion and it's not the time to plug the guitars in and blow out the speakers. Even if it is for Dio, that's what the memorial concerts will be for. Doing songs acoustically fits the ocassion perfectly. No one at a funeral is saying "man, I wish I was able to rock out right now".

Some people will find anything to complain about it seems. Even in something that was as positive and beautiful as this service seemingly sounds like it was. This sounded like a great send off for the man. Yet some of you can't stand that and you JUST NEEDED to find something negative to say. Grow the fuck up people
Old 05-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Nice review of the service Andrew. I read in another review that they actually let those in attendance walk by the casket to pay their final respects to Ronnie. Did you do that as well?

To those who are bitching about the song selection and them doing MOTSM acoustic, are you guys fuckin serious? Think before you post. Did it cross your mind that maybe Ronnie was a big fan of the Lennon song that was performed and his friends and family thought it would be a nice touch if it was added to the service? Have you ever been to a funeral at all? It's a somber ocassion and it's not the time to plug the guitars in and blow out the speakers. Even if it is for Dio, that's what the memorial concerts will be for. Doing songs acoustically fits the ocassion perfectly. No one at a funeral is saying "man, I wish I was able to rock out right now".

Some people will find anything to complain about it seems. Even in something that was as positive and beautiful as this service seemingly sounds like it was. This sounded like a great send off for the man. Yet some of you can't stand that and you JUST NEEDED to find something negative to say. Grow the fuck up people
Yeah dude fuck those who are complaining. How can people complain at THIS???????

And yeah I did go to the casket as well. Sorry I didn't mention it. The Hughes song at the end overwhelmed me beyond words. I completely spaced out after that lol so didn't mention the proceeding after.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Would've been mine too if he weren't wearing an AC/DC - Back in Black t-shirt.
That just adds to the awsomeness for me
Old 05-31-2010, 01:00 PM
D.B.B.

I was proud to be apart of the memorial service. The acoustic performance of Heaven & Hell brought tears to my eyes. But overall, it was a beautiful service and well worth the 12 hours without food and the heat.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:09 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
Oh did anyone see that guy with the devil mask on? He was annoying as shit! I would try to listen to what was being sad by each speaker and he kept yelling out random shit. Then he would sing loudly along with the songs. Now I wouldn't normally mind the singing, but it was a memorial service and I wanted to hear each persons' acoustic versions of Dio's songs. Plus the devil guy sucked at singing haha. Overall, he was the annoying part of the service.
As soon as i saw that guy i started cracking up. When he passed by the casket he gave his little speech.
7/25-Municipal Waste or Exodus??
8/1-Ceremony/Dangers
Old 05-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Yeah dude fuck those who are complaining. How can people complain at THIS???????

And yeah I did go to the casket as well. Sorry I didn't mention it. The Hughes song at the end overwhelmed me beyond words. I completely spaced out after that lol so didn't mention the proceeding after.
That's understandable. Did they keep the casket closed for when everyone walked by?