Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

  #71  
Old 05-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,923
Alright, this went way off base. As promised, time to freak some people out.

Certainly not as weird as it could be - given that I have no St. Anger songs on here, but I don't know of too many other people who would put 4 mid-to-late 90's songs in their Metallica top 10, with only 4 predating the Black Album.

Metallica
01.Bleeding Me
02.One
03.The Outlaw Torn
04.Creeping Death
05.For Whom the Bell Tolls
06.Hero of the Day
07.Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
08.No leaf Clover
09.The Unforgiven
10.Holier Than Thou
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05-28-2010, 06:08 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Alright, this went way off base. As promised, time to freak some people out.

Certainly not as weird as it could be - given that I have no St. Anger songs on here, but I don't know of too many other people who would put 4 mid-to-late 90's songs in their Metallica top 10, with only 4 predating the Black Album.

Metallica
01.Bleeding Me
02.One
03.The Outlaw Torn
04.Creeping Death
05.For Whom the Bell Tolls
06.Hero of the Day
07.Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
08.No leaf Clover
09.The Unforgiven
10.Holier Than Thou
I've no real problem with any of these. Hero, Clover, Outlaw and Bleeding all rule.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05-28-2010, 06:55 PM
JLRedWing13's Avatar
JLRedWing13 JLRedWing13 is offline
I can't stop thinking big
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 1,554
Hmm....

Metallica
1. Hit The Lights
2. One
3. Ride The Lightning
4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
5. Damage, Inc.
6. Harvester of Sorrow
7. Battery
8. Dyers Eve
9. Blackened
10. Wherever I May Roam

Megadeth
1. Peace Sells
2. Wake Up Dead
3. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
4. Tornado of Souls
5. Last Rites/Loved To Deth
6. Trust
7. Train of Consequences
8. Rust In Peace...Polaris
9. Architecture of Aggression
10. Hook In Mouth

Rush
1. 2112
2. Hemispheres
3. Far Cry
4. Marathon
5. The Pass
6. The Trees
7. Limelight
8. Dreamline
9. Xanadu
10. Freewill

Iron Maiden
1. Aces High
2. The Wicker Man
3. Run To The Hills
4. Revelations
5. Phantom of the Opera
6. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
7. Murders In The Rue Morgue
8. Invaders
9. Wasted Years
10. The Evil That Men Do

Judas Priest
1. Beyond The Realms of Death
2. Painkiller
3. Exciter
4. Tyrant
5. Victim of Changes
6. Electric Eye
7. Hell Patrol
8. Hell Bent For Leather
9. Grinder
10. Love Bites

Slayer
1. War Ensemble
2. Seasons In The Abyss
3. South of Heaven
4. Bloodline
5. Die By The Sword
6. Mandatory Suicide
7. Ghosts of War
8. Spirit In Black
9. Dead Skin Mask
10. Disciple

More later....
__________________
5/6 - Rammstein
5/16 - Meshuggah/Baroness
5/18-5/20 - Rock On The Range
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-28-2010, 06:58 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
Clutch (very tough for me)

Red Horse Rainbow
The Soapmakers
Spacegrass
Impetus
Dragonfly
Binge and Purge
Basket of Eggs
Oregon
Promoter
Whites Ferry
Good to see someone on here knows their Clutch...
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05-28-2010, 06:59 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Alright, this went way off base. As promised, time to freak some people out.

Certainly not as weird as it could be - given that I have no St. Anger songs on here, but I don't know of too many other people who would put 4 mid-to-late 90's songs in their Metallica top 10, with only 4 predating the Black Album.

Metallica
01.Bleeding Me
02.One
03.The Outlaw Torn
04.Creeping Death
05.For Whom the Bell Tolls
06.Hero of the Day
07.Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
08.No leaf Clover
09.The Unforgiven
10.Holier Than Thou
The fact that you have Creeping Death on here is the most shocking to me.

Bleeding Me is a very, very strange footnote in the history of music, the beginning and endings of the song are terrible, but that riff at 4:49 is one of the most awesome thrash breaks ever! Kreator wish they fuckin wrote that shit!
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 PM
evildeadjedi's Avatar
evildeadjedi evildeadjedi is offline
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Good to see someone on here knows their Clutch...
Putting that together was tough so many other songs I could have included, I could easily do a top 50 of CLUTCH
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 05-29-2010, 05:22 AM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Not even the best song off Death Is This Communion!

I agree Fury Whip all day son.
__________________
9/28 Coheed and Cambria
10/10 Limp Bizkit

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 05-29-2010, 07:25 AM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
Putting that together was tough so many other songs I could have included, I could easily do a top 50 of CLUTCH
No doubt. Rarely do you hear Binge and Purge and Impetus talked about on here. Mine would be similar with Willie Nelson, Shotgun and probably Electric Worry just because it's so much damn fun. If I did a Top 20 it would delve into the rare shit like Pile Driver, High Caliber Consecrator and Wicker most likely.
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 05-29-2010, 08:03 AM
evildeadjedi's Avatar
evildeadjedi evildeadjedi is offline
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
No doubt. Rarely do you hear Binge and Purge and Impetus talked about on here. Mine would be similar with Willie Nelson, Shotgun and probably Electric Worry just because it's so much damn fun. If I did a Top 20 it would delve into the rare shit like Pile Driver, High Caliber Consecrator and Wicker most likely.
Very true! I still hold out some hope they will play Binge and Purge live again. Yes those are all great! In fact I'm going to do a top 50.

1. Dragonfly
2. Spacegrass
3. Red Horse Rainbow
4. Impetus
5. The Soapmakers
6. Binge and Purge
7. Basket of Eggs
8. Oregon
9. Promoter
10. Whites Ferry
11. A Shogun Named Marcus
12. El Jefe Speaks
13. Slow Hole to China
14. Elephant Riders
15. Rock n Roll Outlaw
16. Willie Nelson
17. Pure Rock Fury
18. Electric Worry
19. You Can't Stop Progress
20. Big New I and II
21. Escape from the Prison Planet
22. High Caliber Consecrator
23. Sink em Low
24. Profits of Doom
25. Burning Beard
26. Sea of Destruction
27. Wicker
28. When Vegans Attack
29. Ghost
30. Notes from the trial of La Curandera
31. Immortal
32. Great Outdoors
33. Minotaur
34. Abe Lincoln
35. Guild of Mute Assassins
36. 12 oz Epilogue
37. I Have the Body of John Wilks Booth
38. Drink to the Dead
39. Hoodoo Operator
40. Wake of the Swollen Goat
41. Walking in the Great Shining Path of Monster Trucks
42. Brazenhead
43. Mr. Shiny Cadillackness
44. Gravel Road
45. Bottoms Up Socrates
46. Release the Kraken
47. Cypress Grove
48. Texan Book of the Dead
49. What Would A Wookie Do?
50. Let a Poor Man Be
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 05-29-2010, 11:28 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
Very true! I still hold out some hope they will play Binge and Purge live again. Yes those are all great! In fact I'm going to do a top 50.

1. Dragonfly
2. Spacegrass
3. Red Horse Rainbow
4. Impetus
5. The Soapmakers
6. Binge and Purge
7. Basket of Eggs
8. Oregon
9. Promoter
10. Whites Ferry
11. A Shogun Named Marcus
12. El Jefe Speaks
13. Slow Hole to China
14. Elephant Riders
15. Rock n Roll Outlaw
16. Willie Nelson
17. Pure Rock Fury
18. Electric Worry
19. You Can't Stop Progress
20. Big New I and II
21. Escape from the Prison Planet
22. High Caliber Consecrator
23. Sink em Low
24. Profits of Doom
25. Burning Beard
26. Sea of Destruction
27. Wicker
28. When Vegans Attack
29. Ghost
30. Notes from the trial of La Curandera
31. Immortal
32. Great Outdoors
33. Minotaur
34. Abe Lincoln
35. Guild of Mute Assassins
36. 12 oz Epilogue
37. I Have the Body of John Wilks Booth
38. Drink to the Dead
39. Hoodoo Operator
40. Wake of the Swollen Goat
41. Walking in the Great Shining Path of Monster Trucks
42. Brazenhead
43. Mr. Shiny Cadillackness
44. Gravel Road
45. Bottoms Up Socrates
46. Release the Kraken
47. Cypress Grove
48. Texan Book of the Dead
49. What Would A Wookie Do?
50. Let a Poor Man Be
I can get behind most of this. I appreciate the blend of all eras, especially. I don't get why there's such a war between EPs-and-Transnational fans and the rest of us. It's all good!
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008