Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

  #481  
Old 10-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Van Halen(Hagar Era)
Dreams
5150
Right Now
The Seventh Seal
Judgement Day
Why Can't This Be Love
Pleasure Dome
Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do)
Poundcake
Not Enough

Last edited by Indestructible; 10-26-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 10-26-2010, 02:15 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Type O Negative
1.White Slavery
2.Christian Woman
3.All Hallows Eve
4.Who Will Save The Sane
5.Wolf Moon
6.Love You To Death
7.September Sun
8.Anesthesia
9.Too Late:Frozen
10.Profit of Doom
First off I have to give you credit for some decent lists. For most of the bands you obviously listen to every song and make some interesting choices.

Secondly, I kinda dig HNWY and was supposed to see them Sat but shit happened and I missed them opening for my buddy's band.

This list I have an issue with because it contains nothing off their best CD, Slow, Deep & Hard. I'd highly recommend listening to that cd a few more times. Also, check out Carnivore if you haven't. I might have to make a Carnivore list now that I'm thinking about it...
__________________
7/30 - Offspring
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 10-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
This list I have an issue with because it contains nothing off their best CD, Slow, Deep & Hard. I'd highly recommend listening to that cd a few more times. Also, check out Carnivore if you haven't. I might have to make a Carnivore list now that I'm thinking about it...
I like slow,deep and hard but Bloody kisse-Dead Again are so much better. Songs from Blood kisses- Dead Again are more top ten worthy than anything from slow deep and hard.
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 10-26-2010, 03:10 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
I like slow,deep and hard but Bloody kisse-Dead Again are so much better. Songs from Blood kisses- Dead Again are more top ten worthy than anything from slow deep and hard.
Couldn't possibly disagree more. Too many of those songs sound the same or are the same tempo and chords. I wish they had stayed true to Carnivore and the heavier faster shit with evil and clever lyrics. Once they became the #1 band of goth chicks they lost their edge for a while.
__________________
7/30 - Offspring
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 10-26-2010, 03:16 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,102
Carnivore

1) Angry Neurotic Catholics
2) God is Dead
3) Jesus Hitler
4) Technophobia
5) USA for USA
6) Thermonuclear Warrior
7) Carnivore
8) SMD
9) Sex & Violence
10) Armageddon

HM: Predator, Race War, Male Supremacy & Inner Conflict
__________________
7/30 - Offspring
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 10-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Couldn't possibly disagree more. Too many of those songs sound the same or are the same tempo and chords. I wish they had stayed true to Carnivore and the heavier faster shit with evil and clever lyrics. Once they became the #1 band of goth chicks they lost their edge for a while.
I like the sound on Bloody Kisses- Dead Again better. Type O Never lost their edge,and I understand why goth chicks would love them. Goth chicks like the dark sound that Type O has, women also love Peter Steele. Peter Steele was one of the greatest song writers ever. I don't think any song write got more personal with their lyrics than him.
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 10-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
I might have done this before but I'm doing it again:
Carnivore-
1. Sex & Violence
2. Carnivore
3. SMD
4. Male Supremacy (would be 3 if it weren't for that painfully stupid ending)
5. Angry Neurotic Catholics
6. Predator
7. Thermonuclear Warrior
8. Technophobia
9. Legion of Doom
10. USA for USA
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 10-26-2010, 05:45 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
How's about Slough Feg:

1. Tiger! Tiger!
2. Ape Uprising
3. I Will Kill You/You Will Die
4. Simian Manifesto
5. The Spoils/Frankfurt-Hahn Airport Blues
6. Ask the Casket/Heavyworlder
7. Warriors Dawn
8. Traders and Gunboats
9. The Hunchback of Notre Doom
10. Tactical Air-War

If you've heard the records, you know 5 and 6 had to be combined that way. Neither part is as good unless it's rolled into the other.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 10-26-2010, 07:45 PM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
How's about Slough Feg:

1. Tiger! Tiger!
2. Ape Uprising
3. I Will Kill You/You Will Die
4. Simian Manifesto
5. The Spoils/Frankfurt-Hahn Airport Blues
6. Ask the Casket/Heavyworlder
7. Warriors Dawn
8. Traders and Gunboats
9. The Hunchback of Notre Doom
10. Tactical Air-War

If you've heard the records, you know 5 and 6 had to be combined that way. Neither part is as good unless it's rolled into the other.


Sup bro?
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 10-26-2010, 07:47 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Two songs from it! I just really like their Atavism through Ape Uprising era the best. The new one is kind of the start of a new era, I think.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008