Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 05-26-2010, 01:44 PM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
I agree with equating this with Dio, becuase for some people Paul Gray was their hero, moreso than Dio. He didn have the history, or the influence, but he was in a big band that got alot of kids into heavy metal, and who will be remembered for decades, probably as long as Dio. He didn mean much to alot of people here, but don't take it away from the people who he does mean something to. And I know what it feels like, alot of people have said similar to this about Dimebag, saying he doesn deserve the attention when he died, and he's my idol.

Just saying, people aren't belittling Dio by equating Paul Gray to his death, merely pointing out Paul Gray meant alot to alot of people too.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is online now
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Every time someone says something you disagree with, you post some long-ass diatribe to justify your boner for all things metal. Just let some things go, dude. We know you don't like Slipknot...because they aren't power metal. No one is seriously comparing Paul Gray to Dio, so put down the sword and shield and give it a rest.
And every time I post anything you can possibly disagree with, you have to try this pathetic attempt to internet-bully me like the asshole you are. I don't know where the fuck you come off with some of the stuff you say, but the fact that you ever accuse me of being on a high horse is absolutely laughable to me.

I'm not even going to bother trying to argue with you about any specific points because it doesn't matter. You've got me in this wonderful little corner where if I don't speak up, I seem like a fool - but if I argue with you, I'm an asshole who cares too much.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-26-2010, 01:56 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
And every time I post anything you can possibly disagree with, you have to try this pathetic attempt to internet-bully me like the asshole you are. I don't know where the fuck you come off with some of the stuff you say, but the fact that you ever accuse me of being on a high horse is absolutely laughable to me.

I'm not even going to bother trying to argue with you about any specific points because it doesn't matter. You've got me in this wonderful little corner where if I don't speak up, I seem like a fool - but if I argue with you, I'm an asshole who cares too much.
I'm not saying you can't give your opinion, but your comment in this thread was tasteless. Basically what Dextrimental said, if you dont like the guy then try not to post disparaging comments where other people are paying their respects. Just try to moderate what you say sometimes. You take things way too seriously, alot. No one had compared Paul to Dio here. If I had said that Ozzy did more for metal than Dio did on page one of the R.I.P. Dio page, you would have shit down my throat.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-26-2010, 02:00 PM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
I kind of have to agree with ChildrenofSodom. I'm not trying to start anything, but I'm just saying, to Maiden33, you just gotta relax sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is online now
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
I kind of have to agree with ChildrenofSodom. I'm not trying to start anything, but I'm just saying, to Maiden33, you just gotta relax sometimes.
For the record: I take much better to advice when it is in THIS form. Nothing pisses me off more than someone who wants to tell me something but dresses it up in annoying sarcasm and whatnot. I can't stand how a couple people on here make this little "digs" at me but then blow the whistle on me for freaking out because someone I barely know on a message board seems to be taking a personal swipe at me. If you'd just drop the bullshit sarcasm and "I'm fucking cooler than you" attitude it would just go away.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-26-2010, 02:07 PM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
For the record: I take much better to advice when it is in THIS form. Nothing pisses me off more than someone who wants to tell me something but dresses it up in annoying sarcasm and whatnot. I can't stand how a couple people on here make this little "digs" at me but then blow the whistle on me for freaking out because someone I barely know on a message board seems to be taking a personal swipe at me. If you'd just drop the bullshit sarcasm and "I'm fucking cooler than you" attitude it would just go away.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is online now
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Not YOU. It was a a general "you" - meaning whoever the statement may apply to.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-26-2010, 02:10 PM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Not YOU. It was a a general "you" - meaning whoever the statement may apply to.
Oh okay. You quoted me so that threw me off a little bit haha
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-26-2010, 02:17 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,220

Also, this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
If I had said that Ozzy did more for metal than Dio did on page one of the R.I.P. Dio page, you would have shit down my throat.
__________________
8/20 High on Fire 4free
8/24 NIN/Soundgarden
11/16 Judas Priest

Last edited by TonyD; 05-26-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Crionics's Avatar
Crionics Crionics is offline
Face The Slayer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I love funny pics
__________________
08/17- GWAR-B-Q 2013
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008