Judas Priest -- Rochester, NY -- October 1st, 2014
Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Old 05-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Life Is My Own To Live My Own Way

Thumbs up Dark Tranquillity -- Chicago, IL -- May 21st, 2010

Every band was pretty much perfect, and it was at a small venue with a lot less people then i thought, but i like shows like that so it was awesome, and I'll be back there tonight for Hypocrisy

The local opener was really really good for a local band, but not much more to say then that, i was talking with a few of the guys from the band afterwards and they were pretty cool too.

Mutiny Within was alot better then i thought. I had never heard them before and my friend told me they were power metal, so i was expecting a really crappy show, like a repeat of White Wizzard or something but honestly it was pretty good, and they were all very talented musicians, not to mention they were very energetic and seemed really happy to be there.

Next was Threat Signal, i wasnt too familiar with them either but they were really fuckin good from what i could tell.

DT is by far one of the most amazing live bands (and just bands in general) that there is today and it really showed. Mikael Stanne's energy on stage is insane and thier sound quality was perfect. I have absolutly zero complaints about this show except for the fact that there was some dude that was pretty much humping me when they first came on, so i elbowed him in the gut really fuckin hard and he came up next to me like it didnt even happen, and throughout to whole show he was yelling all the words to all the songs and was yelling for Mikael to touch him, and looking at the setlist and yellin out each song before they played it. Not to mention he had a look on his face like he wanted to have butt sex with the dude oh well. They also had a screen as the backdrop which had trippy shit on it, and when they played Shadow In Our Blood they synced it up with the music video which was really sweet and must have been a bitch to do, another thing proving that they are amazing.

All shirts were $25 and they had no hoodies. They did have a bunch of cds tho and a 8oz. flask for $25 which i really wish i bought...
They were doing a meet and greet after so i got my setlist signed that I snagged after they finished so this is 100% correct.

At The Point of Ignition
The Fatalist
Focus Shift
The Wonders At Your Feet
Final Resistance
Misery Crown
Punish My Heaven
Iridium (this was insane)
Shadow In Our Blood
The Lesser Faith
Dream Oblivion
Lethe
Lost To Apathy (only song off Charecter, kinda made me mad)
ThereIn
The Grandest Acusation
Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)

8/23-Exodus, Malevolent Creation
8/25-Enthroned
10/22-Immolation, Vader
11/8-Nile
Old 05-22-2010, 10:29 AM

i was thinking about skipping this show because i might be low on money and i'm not digging the setlist too much, but everyone's saying that DT have been amazing on this tour so i'm pretty much convinced to see them. and it's been over 3 years since i've last seen them.

i know DT play these songs often but i reaally wish Monchromatic Stains, Treason Wall, and New Build were on the setlist. in my opinion all three should be staples in the set.

also to anyone who has seen them on this tour is there a lot of crowd movement or pits to DT? because i could imagine the crowd being sort of lame and dead when i see them.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 05-22-2010, 11:56 AM

honestly i think that set kinda blows, but i had a fuckin great time and the whole place was going crazy singing along to all the songs and jumpin around and shit. i dont know about pits cuz i was on the rail, but im almost positive there would be cuz it was crazy. Plus the band gets really into it, so honestly i would say go
8/25-Enthroned
10/22-Immolation, Vader
11/8-Nile
Old 05-22-2010, 04:40 PM

yea i think i am gonna go. just hoping the crowd's a bit active because when i saw Soilwork last year at the same venue the crowd was lame not moving much, no pits really except a few. and i'd figure them and DT have a mutual fanbase somewhat.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 05-23-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
yea i think i am gonna go. just hoping the crowd's a bit active because when i saw Soilwork last year at the same venue the crowd was lame not moving much, no pits really except a few. and i'd figure them and DT have a mutual fanbase somewhat.
yea man i saw Hypocrisy last night and honestly DT was a lot more crazy, so hopefully that gives you a good comparison
8/25-Enthroned
10/22-Immolation, Vader
11/8-Nile
Old 05-24-2010, 06:39 AM
Swag 100,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmasta257 View Post
Lost To Apathy (only song off Charecter, kinda made me mad)

For-fucking-real

Tags
dark tranquillity