Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014

Old 05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
MORE SPOILERS

I'm in Mexico right now too. I can't wait until I'm done with the missions for those army guys; the idea of acting as a government mercenary who helps gun down rebels and find women for the colonel to rape is extremely distasteful to me, and I really wish I had a choice whether to do those missions. Right now I'm playing through the game being as honorable as possible. I've only had two bounties so far: one was because I HAD to steal a horse in one mission, and one from accidently killing a civilian during a shootout.

Also, does anyone else get attached to their horses? I felt really bad when one got caught in the crossfire of a shootout, and then again when I had to leave one behind when I crossed the river to Mexico
I'm going for honor, too. No bounties. And I didn't really think too hard about the ramifications of the Mexico missions, but I think it's pretty clear that Marston doesn't like doing it, he just has to in order to get to Williamson. Which is kind of the central theme of the game, I think. He'll stop at nothing to get Bill Williamson, even doing immoral things in the process...and does that make him any better than Williamson himself?

And nah, all my horses die when I go off of cliff faces that are quicker than the roads. I just lasso and break new ones, there's wild horses EVERYWHERE.

EDIT: All the characters are awesome and the voice acting is top notch, but I absolutely fucking loved Mr. West Dickens. The cut scenes and missions with him have been my favorite part of the game. Hilarious stuff.

Last edited by DethMaiden; 05-24-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:00 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I'm going for honor, too. No bounties. And I didn't really think too hard about the ramifications of the Mexico missions, but I think it's pretty clear that Marston doesn't like doing it, he just has to in order to get to Williamson. Which is kind of the central theme of the game, I think. He'll stop at nothing to get Bill Williamson, even doing immoral things in the process...and does that make him any better than Williamson himself?

And nah, all my horses die when I go off of cliff faces that are quicker than the roads. I just lasso and break new ones, there's wild horses EVERYWHERE.

EDIT: All the characters are awesome and the voice acting is top notch, but I absolutely fucking loved Mr. West Dickens. The cut scenes and missions with him have been my favorite part of the game. Hilarious stuff.
He was good, loved Irish too
Old 05-24-2010, 08:47 PM
MY LEG!!

I haven't played Red Dead Revolver, will I be confused if I hadn't played it?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLardsAlot View Post
I haven't played that either. I'm pretty sure they're completely unrelated. I'm also pretty sure Red Dead Revolver was just a traditional third-person shooter, whereas this is a "sandbox game," as gay as that term is.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Regretting my username

I watched a few videos online of it. It looks cool enough, but I don't particularly care about the Wild West...looks like Legend of Zelda: Buckhunter.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

I just spent like an hour trying to get 5 boar tusks. I got mauled by cougars twice, a boar once, and double teamed by a cougar and boar another time. But I finally got my tusks

I should probably get my ass back in Mexico...
Old 05-25-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLardsAlot View Post
They aren't related at all so don't worry about it.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroRob View Post
I just spent like an hour trying to get 5 boar tusks. I got mauled by cougars twice, a boar once, and double teamed by a cougar and boar another time. But I finally got my tusks

I should probably get my ass back in Mexico...
I haven't done any of those question mark missions yet but I'm excited to do the one for the guy who's building a flying machine, just because I'm pretty sure it's gonna be hilarious when he fails.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I haven't done any of those question mark missions yet but I'm excited to do the one for the guy who's building a flying machine, just because I'm pretty sure it's gonna be hilarious when he fails.
I'm working on that one right now. Took me forever to find 5 beavers. I thought I had everything I needed but when I got back to him I found out I needed one more red sage
Old 05-27-2010, 12:41 AM

Just finished the game, or at least the story part of it (still have like 25% of the other stuff to do ). Kind of a crazy ending.