Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 09-04-2010, 09:02 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
...and to think a certain female member of this board (whom I haven't seen around these parts lately, come to think about it) would have had you NOT do all of this because...oh hell, I don't know what the fuck her point was anymore, and it isn't worth my time looking it up. But anyways, fuck that.
If this is referring to who and what I think it is, I think you really missed the point.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
If this is referring to who and what I think it is, I think you really missed the point.
All I know is that she was giving several guys on here a hard time for pursuing various self-improvement goals because she perceived that they were becoming "less metal" in the process - getting haircuts, losing weight, building muscle / strength / fitness - and it pissed me off no end that she kept trying to equate these guys wanting to improve themselves to being sell-outs, basically. That's the way I and many other folks took it, and it bugged the shit out of me. I don't remember many of the exact details of the debate - and I said as much in my recent post - and I really don't care to re-hash it all again.

The point is, I'm happy for everybody who's doing whatever they can to look and feel better, and just because you care about how you look and feel and perform at sports and whatever else, it doesn't mean that you're automatically going to become a narcissistic jock or a douchebag or "less metal". Fuck that stupid nonsense.

I'm living proof - and have been for a long time - that a bunch of her theories about "being metal" are bullshit because I have been a weightlifter and swimmer for twenty-five years, have always been fairly athletic, have never had long hair, have no tattoos or other visible "signs of metalness", and I very rarely dress like a metalhead (save for wearing band shirts and a bandanna on my head when I go to shows). Yet, I guarantee that I am as serious as she is about metal (probably more).

So my point is, appearances don't mean shit. Fuck opinions that you have to dress metal or look metal or talk nothing but metal all day long in order to be considered a serious fan of the genre - and based on her comments in multiple threads and on multiple subjects, I suspect she would highly disagree with me on this.

Or did I miss the point?
Old 09-04-2010, 11:12 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I found out that without even really trying, I've lost nearly 20 pounds in the past couple of months. The bad news? I'm still quite fat.
I hate losing a bunch of weight and then suddenly feeling like half of it must be muscle mass.

Which is kinda how I feel lately.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Regretting my username

I think I've lost mostly fat. Nearly 50 lbs of it. Where can I get one of those Oprah wagons with the bag of fat?
Old 09-06-2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
All I know is that she was giving several guys on here a hard time for pursuing various self-improvement goals because she perceived that they were becoming "less metal" in the process - getting haircuts, losing weight, building muscle / strength / fitness - and it pissed me off no end that she kept trying to equate these guys wanting to improve themselves to being sell-outs, basically. That's the way I and many other folks took it, and it bugged the shit out of me. I don't remember many of the exact details of the debate - and I said as much in my recent post - and I really don't care to re-hash it all again.

The point is, I'm happy for everybody who's doing whatever they can to look and feel better, and just because you care about how you look and feel and perform at sports and whatever else, it doesn't mean that you're automatically going to become a narcissistic jock or a douchebag or "less metal". Fuck that stupid nonsense.

I'm living proof - and have been for a long time - that a bunch of her theories about "being metal" are bullshit because I have been a weightlifter and swimmer for twenty-five years, have always been fairly athletic, have never had long hair, have no tattoos or other visible "signs of metalness", and I very rarely dress like a metalhead (save for wearing band shirts and a bandanna on my head when I go to shows). Yet, I guarantee that I am as serious as she is about metal (probably more).

So my point is, appearances don't mean shit. Fuck opinions that you have to dress metal or look metal or talk nothing but metal all day long in order to be considered a serious fan of the genre - and based on her comments in multiple threads and on multiple subjects, I suspect she would highly disagree with me on this.

Or did I miss the point?
i agree with everything you have to say here. i know exactly who you're talking about.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 09-06-2010, 09:57 AM
In Search of Truth

Me and my girlfriend before the Shadow Gallery show last night. Pretty good picture, despite the weird glare:
Old 09-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Did JJ Abrams take that picture?
Old 09-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Beware; I am a threadkiller.

I thought it was David Lynch.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:52 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfulsot View Post
I thought it was David Lynch.
David Lynch took this picture of me: