Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #271  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:43 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1


79 days later on Insanity. 44 pounds down, 4 inches in my pants (is there a less ackward way to say that?), XL shirts down from XXL (the shirt is the pic is an XL, and it feels big), my BP is down in normal range, my cholesterol is fine (working on raising my HDL), and I feel energetic and happy. I've got a lot more confidence and strength. My back pain isn't bothering me as much as it used to, and I just feel more athletic. I'm still very overweight (266 lbs) but I have the motivation to keep going. My goal was 40 by Sept. 16, and now my new goal is 50. I wanted 50 by Christmas, so I'll push that to back to 60. I wanted to lose 100 by summer 2011...Hell, if I can keep this up, lets make it 100 by Spring Break and 120 by summer (I can't wait to get into my old bikini from high school). My metabolism is on fire, I am building some reallly good eating habits, I've got Insanity, P90x, Winsor Pilates, Tae Bo, Turbo Jam, and Hip Hop Abs - 6 different programs to keep my body confused and to keep me from getting bored. I feel like I'm on top of the world.
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
79 days later on Insanity. 44 pounds down, 4 inches in my pants (is there a less ackward way to say that?), XL shirts down from XXL (the shirt is the pic is an XL, and it feels big), my BP is down in normal range, my cholesterol is fine (working on raising my HDL), and I feel energetic and happy. I've got a lot more confidence and strength. My back pain isn't bothering me as much as it used to, and I just feel more athletic. I'm still very overweight (266 lbs) but I have the motivation to keep going. My goal was 40 by Sept. 16, and now my new goal is 50. I wanted 50 by Christmas, so I'll push that to back to 60. I wanted to lose 100 by summer 2011...Hell, if I can keep this up, lets make it 100 by Spring Break and 120 by summer (I can't wait to get into my old bikini from high school). My metabolism is on fire, I am building some reallly good eating habits, I've got Insanity, P90x, Winsor Pilates, Tae Bo, Turbo Jam, and Hip Hop Abs - 6 different programs to keep my body confused and to keep me from getting bored. I feel like I'm on top of the world.
Congrats, man. Happy for your success.


...and to think a certain female member of this board (whom I haven't seen around these parts lately, come to think about it) would have had you NOT do all of this because...oh hell, I don't know what the fuck her point was anymore, and it isn't worth my time looking it up. But anyways, fuck that. Self-improvement is the best. Obsession with how you look is unhealthy - granted - but a little self-improvement goes a long, long fucking way, and I'm glad you're on a road that makes you happy.
__________________
4/24 Behemoth OR 4/26 IntrOnaut/Cloudkicker/ITTCT (?)
5/9 Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak (?)
6/15 MESHUGGAH (?)
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Crionics's Avatar
Crionics Crionics is offline
Face The Slayer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 1,808
Gratz Cos
__________________
08/17- GWAR-B-Q 2013
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:22 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
...and to think a certain female member of this board (whom I haven't seen around these parts lately, come to think about it) would have had you NOT do all of this because...oh hell, I don't know what the fuck her point was anymore, and it isn't worth my time looking it up. But anyways, fuck that. Self-improvement is the best. Obsession with how you look is unhealthy - granted - but a little self-improvement goes a long, long fucking way, and I'm glad you're on a road that makes you happy.
If losing weight and working out makes me stronger, better at sports, able to do day-to-day tasks more easily, and makes me healthier in every relevant measure of health, then I'd say that far out weighs (pun intended) any consequence of narcissism or possible superficiality that comes with it. I've been fat and depressed my whole life...I deserve to look good and feel good.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 08-30-2010, 05:47 PM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I deserve to look good and feel good.
Exactly! Congrats on all the pound shedding.
__________________
5.17 Scion Rock Fest
7.11 Sargeist
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 08-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,150
You look like a completely different person, nice work
__________________
4/17 Behemoth
5/15 Ghost
5/17 Mastodon/Kvelertak
5/23 MDF
7/20 QOTSA
7/30 NINSG
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 08-30-2010, 08:19 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
You look like a completely different person...
But still kinda looks like Peter Griffin.
__________________
Mastodong/Gojira/KVELERTAK 5/1
Meshuggah 6/6
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 08-31-2010, 05:53 AM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
But still kinda looks like Peter Griffin.
....thank you for that.
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 08-31-2010, 09:47 AM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
....thank you for that.
You're welcome. I'm just sayin...
__________________
Mastodong/Gojira/KVELERTAK 5/1
Meshuggah 6/6
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Congrats, man. Happy for your success.


...and to think a certain female member of this board (whom I haven't seen around these parts lately, come to think about it) would have had you NOT do all of this because...oh hell, I don't know what the fuck her point was anymore, and it isn't worth my time looking it up. But anyways, fuck that. Self-improvement is the best. Obsession with how you look is unhealthy - granted - but a little self-improvement goes a long, long fucking way, and I'm glad you're on a road that makes you happy.
something along the lines of "being yourself isnt enough, you have to be your best self" comes to mind.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008