Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 08-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Regretting my username

79 days later on Insanity. 44 pounds down, 4 inches in my pants (is there a less ackward way to say that?), XL shirts down from XXL (the shirt is the pic is an XL, and it feels big), my BP is down in normal range, my cholesterol is fine (working on raising my HDL), and I feel energetic and happy. I've got a lot more confidence and strength. My back pain isn't bothering me as much as it used to, and I just feel more athletic. I'm still very overweight (266 lbs) but I have the motivation to keep going. My goal was 40 by Sept. 16, and now my new goal is 50. I wanted 50 by Christmas, so I'll push that to back to 60. I wanted to lose 100 by summer 2011...Hell, if I can keep this up, lets make it 100 by Spring Break and 120 by summer (I can't wait to get into my old bikini from high school). My metabolism is on fire, I am building some reallly good eating habits, I've got Insanity, P90x, Winsor Pilates, Tae Bo, Turbo Jam, and Hip Hop Abs - 6 different programs to keep my body confused and to keep me from getting bored. I feel like I'm on top of the world.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
79 days later on Insanity. 44 pounds down, 4 inches in my pants (is there a less ackward way to say that?), XL shirts down from XXL (the shirt is the pic is an XL, and it feels big), my BP is down in normal range, my cholesterol is fine (working on raising my HDL), and I feel energetic and happy. I've got a lot more confidence and strength. My back pain isn't bothering me as much as it used to, and I just feel more athletic. I'm still very overweight (266 lbs) but I have the motivation to keep going. My goal was 40 by Sept. 16, and now my new goal is 50. I wanted 50 by Christmas, so I'll push that to back to 60. I wanted to lose 100 by summer 2011...Hell, if I can keep this up, lets make it 100 by Spring Break and 120 by summer (I can't wait to get into my old bikini from high school). My metabolism is on fire, I am building some reallly good eating habits, I've got Insanity, P90x, Winsor Pilates, Tae Bo, Turbo Jam, and Hip Hop Abs - 6 different programs to keep my body confused and to keep me from getting bored. I feel like I'm on top of the world.
Congrats, man. Happy for your success.

...and to think a certain female member of this board (whom I haven't seen around these parts lately, come to think about it) would have had you NOT do all of this because...oh hell, I don't know what the fuck her point was anymore, and it isn't worth my time looking it up. But anyways, fuck that. Self-improvement is the best. Obsession with how you look is unhealthy - granted - but a little self-improvement goes a long, long fucking way, and I'm glad you're on a road that makes you happy.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Face The Slayer

Gratz Cos
Old 08-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
...and to think a certain female member of this board (whom I haven't seen around these parts lately, come to think about it) would have had you NOT do all of this because...oh hell, I don't know what the fuck her point was anymore, and it isn't worth my time looking it up. But anyways, fuck that. Self-improvement is the best. Obsession with how you look is unhealthy - granted - but a little self-improvement goes a long, long fucking way, and I'm glad you're on a road that makes you happy.
If losing weight and working out makes me stronger, better at sports, able to do day-to-day tasks more easily, and makes me healthier in every relevant measure of health, then I'd say that far out weighs (pun intended) any consequence of narcissism or possible superficiality that comes with it. I've been fat and depressed my whole life...I deserve to look good and feel good.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
I deserve to look good and feel good.
Exactly! Congrats on all the pound shedding.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:56 PM
N00B

You look like a completely different person, nice work
5/23 MDF
7/20 QOTSA
7/30 NINSG
Old 08-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
You look like a completely different person...
But still kinda looks like Peter Griffin.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:53 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
But still kinda looks like Peter Griffin.
....thank you for that.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:47 AM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Quote:
....thank you for that.
You're welcome. I'm just sayin...
Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Congrats, man. Happy for your success.

something along the lines of "being yourself isnt enough, you have to be your best self" comes to mind.