Warped Tour -- Mansfield, MA -- July 10th, 2014
Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014
Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014
311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Well said, Nat. I don't have a problem with moshing, and I participate from time to time.

However, I would support implementing the death penalty for crowd-surfers. I have less animosity towards stage divers*, though, because at least you can see them coming. Nothing like having fun up front at a show and having some asshole land right on your head

*One of my favorite concert memories is seeing a ~10 year old girl stage-diving at an Against Me! show.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:53 AM
N00B

I generally hate getting kicked in the head by crowdsurfers, but crowdsurfering at Wacken during In Flames is in my top 5 highlights of my life
Old 05-18-2010, 12:13 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post

I'm always amazed at the amount of people on the internet who bitch about moshing at metal shows, if they don't like it they can leave. It's part of the environment of the show, and it's easy enough to avoid if you really can't handle being smashed into now and then.

Right, because who cares if someone wants to go to a show because they like the music, but doesn't want to be pushed down, crashed into, kicked in the head, and all the other ridiculous crap like that... right? Most people are gonna be there for the music, because they want to see and hear the band perform the music live. How many people really like the environment of a show...? I'll tell you that I don't particularly appreciate being shoved in a hot musky cramped dark space being covered in sweat that is entirely not my own. But, those are all things people are fine with because it's the nature of a crowded room fill with excited people. Moshing on the other hand is when half that entire crowded room are being ridiculous and bothering the other half who just want to watch and headbang and sing along and the like.

In response to what you said, I could just as easily say "if moshers just want to mosh, they shouldn't go to a show at all, because they're ruining the environment. just go to a fight club or something instead!"
Old 05-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Ironbound

I hate crowd surfing for so many reasons, and I don't see how being on either side is fun for anyone, getting kicked in the head isn't exactly my idea of fun, and neither is being groped by a bunch of sweaty strangers. I remember at an Overkill show years ago my hair got stuck in a crowd surfer's boot, and he went over the front barrier, and so did my head, luckily there was a half decent security guy present who held the asshole by his ankles until I broke free, scary! Another really annoying thing about crowd surfers is when you start recognizing them during the show, sometimes the same fucking moron will come overhead a billion times during the same set. I always enjoy when security tells them if they come over again, they will be removed from the venue.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:21 PM
N00B

Actually, even more offensive that crowdsurfers are people who don't wear deodorant at shows. They always cause me to relocate.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Ironbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Actually, even more offensive that crowdsurfers are people who don't wear deodorant at shows. They always cause me to relocate.
This! Get a clue people!

Old 05-18-2010, 12:27 PM
In Search of Truth

Solution to teach inconsiderate crowdsurfers a lesson: The Ball Claw.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

I remember the first time I got hit strongly with the smell of the mosh pit. It made my head reel. Now I actuallly crave it, only because psychologically I make a connection between that smell and all the awesome times I've had in the pit over the years. Stinks so good!
Old 05-18-2010, 12:33 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post

I'm always amazed at the amount of people on the internet who bitch about moshing at metal shows, if they don't like it they can leave. It's part of the environment of the show, and it's easy enough to avoid if you really can't handle being smashed into now and then.
Ugh, I don't even know what to say, this is so profoundly wrong.

The point I'm trying to make is that people NEED to realize that certain styles of metal are appropriate for it but certain ones are NOT - end of story. And the point I was making earlier (that gained some attention) was that aside from the occasional thrash show I go to, nothing I would ever attend is mosh-worthy - and the only people I ever find moshing are inconsiderate teenage assholes and drunk old men. And as I said, I especially have a problem when like 3 or 4 guys get in there with the intent to try to start a pit no matter what - and continue to be assholes no matter how many other people are bothered by it.

Also - when people start pits near the back of the floor of a venue it doesn't bother me that much. People don't wait in line for hours so they can be pushed around and constantly relocated and bothered. There's no reason why a pit should be near the front of the floor, because the people in it clearly think it's more important than actually watching the show.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Solution to teach inconsiderate crowdsurfers a lesson: The Ball Claw.
What the fuck does this...

...have to do with teaching crowd surfers a lesson?