Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-04-2010, 03:20 PM
N00B

Miss May I -- West Chester, PA -- May 2nd, 2010

Recently, I started listening to these guys. Since it was really local for me (and cheap entertainment on a Sunday night), my buddy and I went to this at the Note. We got there as It's a Trap was playing. They were "OK." We caught the last two songs they played. The next band, Abandon All Ships was terrible. Their bass player sang into a harmonizer coupled with a keyboardist that played dance hall-esque tracks.... in my estimation = terrible. Luckily, I was positioned near the bar to watch the Phillies show the national audience Johan Santana is washed up. Miss May I played a really short set. 6-7 songs. I know they played the following:

A Dance with Aera Cura
Architect
Apologies for the weak
Not our tomorrow
Forgive and forget
Swing (without which I could have done)

I believe the other song they played was Tides, which was somewhere in the middle.

Not a bad show, but not great....
Old 05-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Regretting my username

Haha....that is amazing....Guys from my hometown, guys I had class with....and they're setlist is on metalsetlists.com
Old 05-04-2010, 04:53 PM
N00B

OK... so does that mean they are worthy or not worthy of having a setlist posted on this site? What does that say to the quality or lack thereof of their live shows and/or their music? Since you know them, I am curious of what you think of the music they produce and what they bring in a live setting.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:20 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

http://www.myspace.com/missmayi They're not too bad I guess.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Smashed Face View Post
OK... so does that mean they are worthy or not worthy of having a setlist posted on this site? What does that say to the quality or lack thereof of their live shows and/or their music? Since you know them, I am curious of what you think of the music they produce and what they bring in a live setting.
I like their stuff more than other bands in their genre, but that may be because they 1) are my "friends" and 2) sound more like As I Lay Dying than Impending Doom (on the melodic death/deathcore spectrum.)
Old 05-04-2010, 06:06 PM
That Does Not Make Sense!

They're also opening up for TDWP in july. When i saw them open for IWABO, they were actually very good. They shockingly didn't come off as too sceney, which is what i was affraid of goin in
Old 05-04-2010, 06:06 PM
We're dying on the inside

Levi is one of the nicest, most genuine guys I've ever known. I wish he sang in a band that didn't suck monkey balls.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:25 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Levi is one of the nicest, most genuine guys I've ever known. I wish he sang in a band that didn't suck monkey balls.
dude you couldnt be more right. The last time I saw them, my friend wanted to buy one of Levi's clothingline shirts, he forgot them in the hotel i think. So he gave my boy the one he was wearing from onstage and signed it. I've seen them 4 times, and actually bought a 2 day pass to see them open for TDWP on 8/18 8/19 down at the ottobar. Imo Miss May I is possibly one of the best bands out there. Theyre my #1
Old 05-05-2010, 03:00 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I like their stuff more than other bands in their genre, but that may be because they 1) are my "friends" and 2) sound more like As I Lay Dying than Impending Doom (on the melodic death/deathcore spectrum.)
Fair enough. I am still trying to determine how good/bad they were live. I think the sound was muddied. The kick drum didn't come through like I thought it should. The drumming is what attracts me to their music. The fact that it didn't sound as clean as I thought it should have leads me to speculate, but the sound guy was more concerned about chatting with some of the bouncers than he was to his "business." The vocals didn't come through as much as I thought they should, as well. Like i said, it was real muddy; not clean. Maybe it was Bam's fault..............
Old 05-05-2010, 04:29 PM

i've never checked this band out because i thought they were another lame scene band, but they actually sound pretty good. reminds me of As I Lay Dying a lot. i might look into them later.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X

Tags
miss may i