It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 05-07-2010, 08:53 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Haha, no shit? That was you? Really cool title, by the way. Did you see them just opening for DT?
Yup that was me. Memory is my favorite Redemption song I knew I had to include it in some way. I didn't think I had a chance, but it turns out I had what NVD, Ray and the boys wanted. Here's some pics of my DVD to prove it:

*I also got a personal thank you from NVD on his personal stationary. We had a few good email chats while I found out I won. I guess in one review of the DVD he actually used my review, but I can't find it anywhere on the net.

Yes I did Chaos In Motion tour 2007. Minneapolis, MN Such a great set. I really hope they'll make it back here sometime, as unlikely as it is.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:17 PM
In Search of Truth

That's so cool. NVD and Sean Andrews are two of the nicest musicians I've ever met - hell, people I've ever met, period. The night my radio show had the two of them in chat and played "Snowfall on Judgment Day" in its entirety was easily the funnest an most successful show we've ever done. It was so cool that they stuck around in chat for over an hour after we played the album and just talked music with us and our listeners - and NVD did a Q&A Interview for us as well. I think in terms of talented bands that deserve to make it much bigger than they probably ever will, they are at the top of that list.

I wish NVD the best of luck in the future and am so incredibly happy his personal life seems to be looking up. I can only hope at some point I can eventually see them, as unlikely as it looks right now.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:40 PM
That Guy

That is incredible. That is definitely my kinda radio show.

When I talked with NVD through email, he seemed so down to earth and a great guy to talk to. I hope it will happen one day where I can meet NVD and the rest of the guys after a show shake their hands and thank them once again for putting together one of the greatest Prog Metal bands the world will ever know, and that in a small way, letting me be apart of it.

Seeing them live was simple awe-inspiring. even if it was a short 45 minute set. It was one of, if not the best under an hour sets I've ever witnessed.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:28 AM
Face The Slayer

You guys make me jealous..
Old 05-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Ironbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
I am proud to have seen Strapping Young Lad on their last tour ever on Ozzfest 2006
I am proud to have seen Strapping Young Lad on their first tour ever in the US in 1997
Old 05-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Ironbound

Not on my original list, but should have been, Rhapsody!

And also honorable mentions for Pantera (RIP Dime) and Quiet Riot (RIP Kevin)
Old 05-26-2010, 06:04 AM
Pass the steak sauce

1. Danzig w/ Behemoth - Blackest of the Black Tour '05 - First time seeing both Danzig and Behemoth, and during Danzig's set Doyle came out and they did 9 Misfits songs. AMAZING, that's probably never going to happen again

2. Ministry w/ RevCo - MasterbaTour '06 - Not only was this my first and last time seeing Ministry, but I was treated to a double Al Jourgensen set as he played live in both bands that night. The setlist was superb as well..... I got NWO, Just One Fix, Thieves, So What, Stigmata and Psalm 69

3. Ozzfest '05 - Rob Zombie, BLS, Iron Maiden, Sabbath w/ Ozzy

4. Both times seeing Heaven and Hell were amazing.... RIP Dio! The first was in '07 w/ Alice Cooper and the second was in '08 w/ Motorhead and Testament. Sign of the Southern Cross will always be one of the best live songs of all time

5. Both times seeing Type O Negative.... RIP Pete

6. Slayer in a fucking club on the Jagermeister Tour '05

7. Both times seeing Megadeth in a club, more notably the most recent time on the Rust In Peace Tour. Megadeth, Testament, Exodus!

8. The Gruesome Twosome Tour w/ Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie. AMAZING day the whole way around, and seeing these two perform on the same stage I walked across when I graduated was absolutely insane

9. An Evening With Down in '08 - the opening video was awesome and they played for almost 2 1/2 hours

10. Immortal on the All Shall Fall Tour - first time seeing one of my favorite bands... it was one of only four North American shows. They NEVER play around here

Honorable mentions:
-The Rock Never Stops Tour in '05 (I believe) with Cinderella, Ratt, Quiet Riot and Firehouse. RIP Kevin Dubrow
-Every time seeing Cannibal Corpse, especially in '06 w/ Dying Fetus and '09 w/ Behemoth
-Deicide in '06
-Every time seeing Gwar
-Both times seeing Metallica
-Both times seeing Opeth
-Vital Remains in '07 when Dave Suzuki was still with them
10/20 - Iron Reagan
10/23 - Dead Congregation

Last edited by HackedUpForBBQ; 05-31-2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:10 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Rush
Megadeth
Aice Cooper
Lamb Of God
Metallica
Shadows Fall
Type O Negative
Disturbed
Dream Theater
AC/DC
Old 05-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I saw Death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
Fuck you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
He's lying.

Or he means the african-american protopunk band.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Or he had a near-death experience...
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
You can't joke about that shit around me. If I had a time machine, that would hands down be one of the first things I do.
I did see Death. The actual death metal band. With Chuck Schuldiner. THREE FUCKING TIMES.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
Cult of Luna - These guys threw me for a loop opening for Mastodon and actually destroyed them.
I'm jealous as fuck. I love them, and I've never seen them. They rarely tour here.