Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 05-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Ironbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
runner up: Overkill
This is the band I have seen the most. First time was in 1998 during the From the Underground and Below tour, and then every show in the NY, NJ, PA area since then.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Top ten is pretty difficult, even if I limit it to just metal-related bands. Here's my best shot:
  1. Primus
  2. Morbid Angel
  3. Cobalt
  4. Cult of Luna
  5. Neurosis
  6. Celtic Frost / Triptykon
  7. This Will Destroy You
  8. 65daysofstatic
  9. Amon Amarth
  10. The Mars Volta
Honorable Mentions
Immortal
5ive
Sodom
God Is an Astronaut
North
La Fin du Monde
Mogwai
Doomriders
Unearth
Unleashed
Ludicra
GY!BE / ASMZ / Esmerine
Cormorant
Jex Thoth
Chthonic
Zozobra
Indian
Old 05-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Depeche Mode
DM is fucking awesome live these days. I've seen them about five times, and they were somewhat disappointing a few of those times as compared to others (mainly because of Dave's personal problems, which have since been resolved), but as of late (for example, last year's Lollapalooza and Touring the Angel in 2005), they've been great. It's always a really big spectacle with them, because they're huge. If you're a DM fan, you owe it to yourself to go at least once.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 05-06-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
So you've seen Russian Circles, Isis, Neurosis, Mogwai, This Will Destroy You, God Is an Astronaut, Caspian, Gifts from Enola, If These Trees Could Talk, Disappearer, Minsk, Mono, Irepress, Battles, Braveyoung, North, La Fin du Monde, Rosetta, Cult of Luna, IntrOnaut and Red Sparowes? You lucky boy!

(Actually I think you may have seen Isis and Gifts, and maybe Trees, but I wasn't sure so they went into the list for effect...)
Fuck you, so I've only seen Isis and Russian Circles from that list, but I have seen a lot of shows of that kind, and Explosions would probably be totally transcendent.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:46 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green and Black View Post
2) Avantasia (I don't see why you said this can't be included, they have toured and heard they might be touring again, so it's possible.)
5) Rainbow w/ Joe Lynn Turner and Jurgen Blackmore (Touring as Over the Rainbow)
Well as of this point, Tobi says he doesn't plan to do another Avantasia tour, and I've pretty much been told that if it that happens, it's NOT coming to America. Maybe Canada, in which case I'd make the trip, but US visa policies make it pretty much impossible for them to ever tour here unless they basically scale it back to be just the backing band and Tobias Sammet, in which case... not nearly as exciting.

And I saw Over the Rainbow last summer.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:48 AM
In Search of Truth

Also, I'm pretty happy to say I've seen a whole bunch of bands people in this thread have mentioned - I'm thinking about creating a parallel thread: "Top Ten Bands You're Most Happy/Proud You've Seen.

Also, I find it hilarious that someone wants to see Into Eternity. I don't like them at all but have seen them live six times. I think I have seen them collectively play almost 3 hours of music.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

1. Rush
2. Blaze Bayley
3. Slayer
4. Dio
5. Agalloch
6. Ozzy
7. Jethro Tull
8. Blind Guardian
9. Deep Purple
10. Halford

Got tickets to see Slayer and Rush this summer/fall. Bidding on a Tull ticket right now and hopefully Halford will announce a date near me sometime soon.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 05-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Ironbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Also, I'm pretty happy to say I've seen a whole bunch of bands people in this thread have mentioned - I'm thinking about creating a parallel thread: "Top Ten Bands You're Most Happy/Proud You've Seen.

Also, I find it hilarious that someone wants to see Into Eternity. I don't like them at all but have seen them live six times. I think I have seen them collectively play almost 3 hours of music.
Yes! Do it! I was thinking the same thing. Oh and I have seen Into Eternity and Warbringer both more times than I can count or care to.

Quote:
Well as of this point, Tobi says he doesn't plan to do another Avantasia tour, and I've pretty much been told that if it that happens, it's NOT coming to America. Maybe Canada, in which case I'd make the trip, but US visa policies make it pretty much impossible for them to ever tour here unless they basically scale it back to be just the backing band and Tobias Sammet, in which case... not nearly as exciting.

And I saw Over the Rainbow last summer.
I would go to Canada, so I'm keeping this on my list.

As for you already seeing Over the Rainbow, I'm super jealous!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Banned Asshole

My 'must see' list -
Rammstein
Amon Amarth
Lazarus A.D.
Cavalera Conspiracy
Lay Down Rotten
This Ending

Other's I'd like to see -
Children of Bodom
Alice in Chains
Divine Heresy
Rage Against the Machine
Black Label Society
Bleeding Through
Woe Of Tyrants
Old 05-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Arch Enemy is so good live. I saw them headline last winter. Awesome. I saw both Necrophagist and Dying Fetus at Summer Slaughter last year. Necrophagist is awesome, but their stage show is not really all that high-energy. They just play like demons, and you get to watch. Still cool in my book. Dying Fetus was really good if you're a fan of theirs. I saw Ensiferum that night as well. They are a ton of fun, and very good live. Origin was also there, although I'd seen them before. They were tits. Now with a new lead vocalist, who knows? Probably still pretty good. Carcass, again, has been explained already. You need to do that shit, son!
I've seen Arch Enemy before, which is why I added the headline portion. Saw them at Gigantour in..2006 I think. They got to play like five songs and I absolutely hate the amphitheater where they played. I don't think they've been back to Oklahoma since . Whenever Necrophagist comes within four hours of me, I'll be there. They're incredible, and even if their stage presence sucks, I know I'll have a good time. I had the chance to see Dying Fetus a few months ago on that Hatebreed tour but they were like the second opener, which is total shit. Ensiferum is catchy as shit. I recently found out they were at The Marquee in Tulsa not too long ago . I've wanted to see Origin ever since my cousin brought over Antithesis and exclaimed "YOU HAVE TO HEAR THIS SHIT!" Carcass was also in Tulsa not too long ago, but I didn't hear about the show until afterward .

Quote:
I saw Into Eternity the same day I saw Arch Enemy. I hadn't really liked their on album stuff but seeing them live was great, even though they got an extremely short set. I've wanted to see them headline ever since and I think they've only been in Oklahoma once since Gigantour, and I didn't feel like driving all the way to OKC to see them with a bunch of awful openers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
oh shit i didn't know anyone else besides me listens to Mors Principium Est lol. i'd love to see them but can't imagine them coming to the US any time soon. Into Eternity headlining and Kalmah would be sweet too. COB, Arch Enemy, Unearth, Eluveitie, Austrian Death Machine, Dark Tranquillity, and Ensiferum sets are all a lot of fun, especially COB and Unearth.
One of my friends downloads new music all the time and when he found Mors Principium Est he immediately had another friend and I drive over to hear it. I can't get enough of them. It really sucks that a ton of bands I want to see hardly EVER leave Europe. I've seen Children Of Bodom but it was when Alexi had recently broken his shoulder and he messed up a few times on his solos, wasn't moving around much at all, and you could obviously tell he was in pain. Their set was also way too short. Same thing with Dark Tranquillity. Saw them open for bands not as good as them and played a small set.