King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014

Old 05-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Thats a puzzling statement. How can hearing a song on Music Choice give you no right to form an opnion on the song? Anyways I am not really a Deftones fan but with the postive buzz on this album I will check it out.
My comment before I thought explained it. I was just saying even when MusicChoice plays a good band (which is like 1/10 maybe?) it's usually not even one of the bands better songs (case in point, Rocket Skates from Deftones). So it's horrible to base opinions from that channel seeing as they don't show you the best a band has to offer.

I never said it gave someone no right to form an opinion. I just said it's not a good source.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:24 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

After alot closer listens I am def loving this album probably as much as any album since White Pony. I liked a few songs on their S/T, & wasn't a big fan of SNW but I am def liking Diamond Eyes. Favorite song would have to be CMND/CTRL. They are using heavy riffs that they really haven't used in several years. And it doesn't seem like they are using as much of the electronic/ambient-type stuff that has been on the last few albums. Might be heaviest album since Around The Fur. Very good album!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:12 PM
N00B

I have been listening to it a lot since it came out, only thing to get me off a non stop diet lately of Crystal Castles and White Wizzard, and think its the best one of theirs since Around The Fur. ATF is way up there for me, so I like the album a lot.

Fav songs are

Youve Seen The Butcher
Beauty School
Diamond Eyes
CMD/CTL
Sextape
Old 05-14-2010, 01:55 AM
Hell Bent for Liquor

I'm listening to it right now. It's good background music, for when I'm partaking in such activities as posting on web forums. However I'm afraid devoting all of my attention to this album might induce slumber.
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 05-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Headbanger

Start to finish, the best album of 2010 for me so far. I can't keep it out of my cd player. Sextape is the perfect summer, crusing to the beach song.

Here is the video of them performing the entire cd live. Crank it up and enjoy!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6681343
Old 05-28-2010, 12:21 AM
N00B

I hate to say it but Sextape is my favorite Deftones song in a long time. This is truly an amazing album.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Headbanger

Yeah I own thousands of cd's and I can't think of any bigger difference in cd's from Saturday Night Wrist to Diamond Eyes. They actually recorded another cd called Eros in between and scrapped it so it was probably more like SNW. They called them heavy and weird. I wonder if those songs leaked? Would still like to check em out.

Chino said in an interview he purposely simplified the lyrics and put more thought into them. Whatever they did, it worked incredibly. Just got my tix for the Partriot Center show. I haven't driven to that place since Soundgarden back in 96 but I wasn't missing this show.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:50 AM

i think in the last year or so Deftones have become my number one favorite band. the new album made me love them a lot more than i already did. maybe other fans of the band won't agree with me but this is their masterpiece and best album by them.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 05-31-2010, 10:32 AM
I can't stop thinking big

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Yeah I own thousands of cd's and I can't think of any bigger difference in cd's from Saturday Night Wrist to Diamond Eyes. They actually recorded another cd called Eros in between and scrapped it so it was probably more like SNW. They called them heavy and weird. I wonder if those songs leaked? Would still like to check em out.

Chino said in an interview he purposely simplified the lyrics and put more thought into them. Whatever they did, it worked incredibly. Just got my tix for the Partriot Center show. I haven't driven to that place since Soundgarden back in 96 but I wasn't missing this show.
Eros was not scrapped, it was put on hold when their bassist went into a coma from that accident.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 06-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I finally got around to checking it out. It is pretty good. Wasn't expecting much because I am not really a Deftones fan. My fave tracks were You've Seen The Butcher,Beauty School and Diamond Eyes.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/