Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014

Old 05-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Shit. I know he's just fucking around, but I almost want to do this, just on principle. Fifty bucks or so to change someone's life? That's tempting. Because little does he know that one cannot go to a Tool show and walk out of there saying "that sucked" without being the world's greatest liar, or made of stone. I know he's not the former, and I hope he's not the latter.
If you come here and pay for my ticket, I'll go with you too
Old 05-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Bobb O)))

just read on a third party site that even more are expected to be announced, which makes sense considering the markets they miss, but this guy isn't the most reputable source, so i'll keep my eyes open
10/4-Melvins
Old 05-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
If you come here and pay for my ticket, I'll go with you too
Quiet, you - or imma do it and make you fulfill your destiny to become a Tool fan.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Banned Asshole

Honestly, I like Tool, but I agree that they are a little overrated. I probably wouldn't be seeing them this year if I didn't have the really good chance of a free ticket. My feelings may stem from the fact that I have/had a few friends who were OBSESSED with Tool and they played them all the time. It kinda killed them for me. : / At least on album that is.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Meat1940 View Post
Honestly, I like Tool, but I agree that they are a little overrated. I probably wouldn't be seeing them this year if I didn't have the really good chance of a free ticket. My feelings may stem from the fact that I have/had a few friends who were OBSESSED with Tool and they played them all the time. It kinda killed them for me. : / At least on album that is.
respectable, but have you seen them live?
10/4-Melvins
Old 05-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Banned Asshole

I tried the last two times they came but they sold out before I could gather funds. I used to listen to them a fair amount. But I haven't listened to them by choice for over a year. Even after seeing them live I'll probably still be disappointed whenever my buddy throws them on when its his choice (Which I know will be happening a lot before and after the show *shudders*)

"Too much of a good thing will make you vomit"
Old 05-05-2010, 06:18 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

I'm with BT on this. Seeing them live will undoubtedly heighten your level of interest. As I posted above, it's pretty hard to see them live and not be impressed, unless you're lying to yourself (i.e., acting like a hardass and saying "that was so meh"), or unless you're made of stone. If you already have somewhat of an interest, the effect will probably be all the more significant.

I do understand what you're saying about too much of a good thing, though. I myself even have to lay off some of my favorite stuff after I've been playing the hell out of it for a period of time - Tool included. Here's hoping that you re-discover your own interest in this amazing band on your own terms, and not because it was force-fed to you by some obsessed fans. They really are worth your attention - at least I think so.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:33 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

[quote=bt11763;269697]They posted the "full" tour dates, but i hope this isn't everything.

Fri 6/25 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

QUOTE]

Finally, im tired of bands skipping kansas city!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
I'm with BT on this. Seeing them live will undoubtedly heighten your level of interest. As I posted above, it's pretty hard to see them live and not be impressed, unless you're lying to yourself (i.e., acting like a hardass and saying "that was so meh"), or unless you're made of stone. If you already have somewhat of an interest, the effect will probably be all the more significant.

I do understand what you're saying about too much of a good thing, though. I myself even have to lay off some of my favorite stuff after I've been playing the hell out of it for a period of time - Tool included. Here's hoping that you re-discover your own interest in this amazing band on your own terms, and not because it was force-fed to you by some obsessed fans. They really are worth your attention - at least I think so.
beat me to it
10/4-Melvins
Old 05-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:

I agree with you man, but there's just so many other people coming that I want to see I don't think I can afford or justify the 70 -80 dollar ticket, unless I get it for fee, I would rather put the money towards Roger Waters or something better. Tool has never been a big thing for me unlike Rush, Primus, Waters, Phish, etc.

Last edited by Uncle_Meat1940; 05-05-2010 at 03:02 PM.