Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 05-02-2010, 11:00 PM
HailANDKill HailANDKill is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 42
Hahah.. I as well just chatted with my metal comrades while I waited for Skeletonwitch to play. Was about my 7th time seeing them I believe and always a fucking blast. I wonder how many of these Minnesotan dudes I actually know or possibly have met. I'm at pretty much every damn show. You guys have probably seen me. I'm a blonde bastard with yellow shoes. I was sporting a Toxic Holocaust shirt at this one. WHO ARE YOU GUYS?!?!

www.myspace.com/plaguedinsanitymn if that helps, I'm the singer of that band.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Uncle_Meat1940 Uncle_Meat1940 is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 465
Zappa t-shirts? usually has a guy with him that likes fucking with emo/scene kids? Long blonde hair and facial hair?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-03-2010, 06:08 AM
endless_pain's Avatar
endless_pain endless_pain is offline
.....I got nuthin'
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 26
Awesome Show!

This was my first Cannibal show & I had a blast. I'm still sore & stiff but, it was totaly worth it. I actually did not start listening to these guys until Evisceration came out. So, it's still exciting to hear their back catalog of music. I was up front by Pat O'Brien for the whole show. So, I've got some great pics/video.

Lecherous Nocturne was a lot better than I expected, since I haven't read many reviews from earlier shows.

Skeletonwitch were awesome! When I first heard them I thought they were good but, after seeing them live, I am even more of a fan. I ended up buying their tour shirt after the show and spoke with one of their guitarists.

1349 was alright. If anything, I was curious to see them play but, now in hindsight, I'm not too impressed.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-03-2010, 09:43 AM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Meat1940 View Post
I've known him for about the same amount of time. He was talking about how tired he was from driving to Wi and shit so I assume... Hell ya dude, I'm picky when it comes to Black Metal as well.
Haha yeah. it's too bad he couldn't hang out after the show was done. The last time he was over here in WI, we were Shotgunning beers on my guitarist's deck. He really digs my band Shattered. He told us that we need to get a van and start touring the midwest, because we are going to make it. Coming from Steve, that's a huge fucking compliment.

Yeah Black Metal, I don't mind some black Metal influence in a band, Alcest for example is fucking kickass. But I get it, Blast beats, high pitch screams, sometimes some orchestration. If there was more variation in Black Metal I;d probably like it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailANDKill View Post
Hahah.. I as well just chatted with my metal comrades while I waited for Skeletonwitch to play. Was about my 7th time seeing them I believe and always a fucking blast. I wonder how many of these Minnesotan dudes I actually know or possibly have met. I'm at pretty much every damn show. You guys have probably seen me. I'm a blonde bastard with yellow shoes. I was sporting a Toxic Holocaust shirt at this one. WHO ARE YOU GUYS?!?!

www.myspace.com/plaguedinsanitymn if that helps, I'm the singer of that band.
If you've ever seen a 6ft 4in guy in an Iced Earth VIP shirt and glasses, that's me. almost every station 4 show I go to I wear that shirt.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Uncle_Meat1940 Uncle_Meat1940 is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 465
Same with me and my Zappa shirt. haha
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-03-2010, 11:45 AM
MaggotFetus MaggotFetus is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Yeah Black Metal, I don't mind some black Metal influence in a band, Alcest for example is fucking kickass. But I get it, Blast beats, high pitch screams, sometimes some orchestration. If there was more variation in Black Metal I;d probably like it more.
Listen to "Atomic Chapel" and "Devil of the Desert" off of the new Demonoir album from 1349, and I think you may change your mind. Cascading riffs and tempo changes abound, plus Frost is the best damn drummer in ALL of heavy metal.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-03-2010, 11:52 AM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggotFetus View Post
Listen to "Atomic Chapel" and "Devil of the Desert" off of the new Demonoir album from 1349, and I think you may change your mind. Cascading riffs and tempo changes abound, plus Frost is the best damn drummer in ALL of heavy metal.
I'll give it a shot. That is one thing I will say I can do unlike a lot of my friends and people I know, I will give any band or album a shot. For example, you never know when a shitty band can turn good from album to album, and vice versa.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-03-2010, 01:03 PM
MaggotFetus MaggotFetus is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I'll give it a shot. That is one thing I will say I can do unlike a lot of my friends and people I know, I will give any band or album a shot. For example, you never know when a shitty band can turn good from album to album, and vice versa.
Cool, hope you like it. And if you're into thrash, "Psalm 7:77" off the Demonoir album is pure thrash, with barely a hint of black metal.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-03-2010, 04:23 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggotFetus View Post
Cool, hope you like it. And if you're into thrash, "Psalm 7:77" off the Demonoir album is pure thrash, with barely a hint of black metal.
I'll be checking it out. Thanks for the recommendation.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-03-2010, 06:57 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,886
You are right MaggotFetus, 1349's Demonior is really damn good. Frost is a hell of a Blaster.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cannibal corpse

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008