Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014
Machine Head -- Toledo, OH -- July 18th, 2014
MayhemFest -- Clarkston, MI -- July 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Concert Veteran

The Gruesome Twosome Tour -- Winnipeg, MB -- April 26th, 2010

source: setlist.fm

The opening night of the tour apparently there has been a huge miscarrige of justice because Cooper is opening

ALICE COOPER

School's Out
Department Of Youth
I'm Eighteen
Wicked Young Man
Ballad Of Dwight Fry
Go To Hell
Guilty
Cold Ethyl
Poison
From The Inside
Nurse Rozetta
Be My Lover
Only Women Bleed
I Never Cry
Vengeance Is Mine
Dirty Diamonds
Billion Dollar Babies
Killer
I Love The Dead
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Under My Wheels

ROB ZOMBIE

Call Of The Zombie/What Lurks On Channel X?
Superbeast
Demonoid Phenomenon
Living Dead Girl
Let It All Bleed Out
Mars Needs Women
More Human Than Human
House Of 1,000 Corpses
Drum Solo
Never Gonna Stop
Warewolf Women Of The SS
Scum Of The Earth
What?
American Witch
Thunder Kiss '65
Lords Of Salem
Dragula

Cooper's set is great but I can't say the same for Zombie. His set is just kinda "blah" to me. Nothing special from him at all really. I like Zombie but when I see this next month I might just leave after Cooper.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Cooper's set is great but I can't say the same for Zombie. His set is just kinda "blah" to me. Nothing special from him at all really. I like Zombie but when I see this next month I might just leave after Cooper.
You're not gonna wanna do that. Doesn't matter much what he plays, he's a consummate showman and always puts on an incredibly fun gig.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Wow, Cooper hasn't changed his set AT ALL from the UK shows in November. I'm surprised.

Except at our ones he bizarrely closed with School's Out, as well as opening with it.

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Old 04-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
You're not gonna wanna do that. Doesn't matter much what he plays, he's a consummate showman and always puts on an incredibly fun gig.
I know, i've seen Zombie before. But if you're taking about putting on a fun show and being a consummate showman, no one really comes close to Alice Cooper in that category. When I saw Cooper open for Heaven & Hell in 2007 they couldn't even outshine Cooper. That's saying a lot about his show. Plus, Cooper has gained such a legendary status both musically and as a live performer that he should only be opening for artists who are of equal status. I have no problem if he opened for bands like Maiden, Priest, H&H, Ozzy or Metallica, who are all on or above his level. But Zombie is not there yet.

As for Ravenhearts comment about Alice not changing the set, I think it's just because he is continuing the Theater Of Death tour. Maybe he decided not to change it so he can get as many people as possible to see this tour theme. I'm guessing once he records a new album and tours for that the set will be altered. Regaurdless I still think it's a very cool set, he's got some cool tunes in there that he hasn't played steadily for awhile now.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:41 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Alice Coopers set is good. I dont know why he is opening for Zombie when he should be headlining. O well its just something we have to deal with its not like our lives are in danger because of it. We can still enjoy the show. Zombies set is fine. The only down fall in Zombies set is his song selection from the new album. I dont know the new one that well yet but I do know there are better songs to choose from on Hellbilly 2. Alice Cooper is a big influence on Zombie does anyone think that Zombie tried to get the opeing spot because he didnt feel right headling over Alice.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:45 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Hmmm wow. I know that neither band puts out Opeth/DT length songs but 15 songs for Zombie vs 21 for Alice is quite the shocker. I know that maybe Coopers song might be a little shorter but still.... What Lurks On Channel X is more of intro rather than song & throw in a drum solo and that's down to 15 songs. I'm psyched for Alice's set b/c its a little different than when I saw him a couple years ago but this Zombie set is pretty close to what I saw w/ him in KC only w/ less songs. I'm still damn greatful it's only an hour away from me but figured Zombie might get a little longer. I wonder if it's consistently going to be Cooper opening or if they will switch it off every night? Thanks for finding this, I've been very anxious to find this!!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:46 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Hmmm wow. I know that neither band puts out Opeth/DT length songs but 15 songs for Zombie vs 21 for Alice is quite the shocker. I know that maybe Coopers song might be a little shorter but still.... What Lurks On Channel X is more of intro rather than song & throw in a drum solo and that's down to 15 songs. I'm psyched for Alice's set b/c its a little different than when I saw him a couple years ago but this Zombie set is pretty close to what I saw w/ him in KC only w/ less songs. I'm still damn greatful it's only an hour away from me but figured Zombie might get a little longer. I wonder if it's consistently going to be Cooper opening or if they will switch it off every night? Thanks for finding this, I've been very anxious to find this!!!!
Well, the band actually plays "What Lurks on Channel X?", if that helps.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
its not like our lives are in danger because of it.
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 04-27-2010, 02:54 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Well, the band actually plays "What Lurks on Channel X?", if that helps.
LOL damnit good point... But still I don't think there are vocals if memory serves me correctly... But still 15 or 16 vs 21 doesn't seem to be adding up for me.

The song selection from Zombie is still great just not enough of them is all. On top of also knowing that Zombie doesn't get killed on stage the 3 or 4 times Cooper probably will. I'm just wondering where all the time is going to.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Metallifan

I went to this show. I enjoyed Cooper and the 4 times that he died on stage. Zombie was good too but not as good as the last time i saw him with Ozzy on 2007. He missed out on a few songs i wanted to hear including Black Sunshine, Foxy Foxy, and he didn't even play his new single Sick Bubble Gum. The only song that Coop didn't play that I wanted to hear was Feed My Frankenstien.

All in all I would give this show a 6/10. Not bad for a $50 ticket

Tags
alice cooper, rob zombie