Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Old 05-03-2010, 06:43 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
Tony, I agree with you. One thng about Ozzfest is that alot of people go to see Ozzy. He was in the band that more or less started metal. Even Ozzy solos has a history of great songs he can mix in the set with a few Sabbath songs. The big let down is the fact that unless you live within a 4 to 5 hour drive to those 6 shows, alot of fans probably cannot make it for various reasons. Add other shows to the line up, play the midwest, south, just a few more dates and alot less people would be bitching about it.

In hindsight, Ozzy should have just cancelled Ozzfest and took out Halford, BLS, Devildriver, and Skeletonwitch on a fall arena tour. It would have made alot more sense (and cents) instead of this half assed attempt to complete with Mayhem.
I agree with everything here. They're trying to make it out to be a special thing to see Ozzy and Motley Crue but it just isn't anymore. Doing such limitted dates shows a lot of arrogance and gives off an image of "I'm more important than anything else, look how exclusive our tour is." The fall arena tour you proposed is a great idea. It would be like when I saw the first ever Ozzfest in 1996 and it was in an arena.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Cowboy From Hell

I agree. Ozzfest with Crue is cool, but not 'special' like it was with Metallica a few years ago. Hopefully we get some off dates.