Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Old 04-29-2010, 06:41 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
so is Nevermore for sure headlining? i have no idea how big Nevermore's fanbase is, but Symphony X filled the club up to the max last time they were here in '08.
Nothing is confirmed as far as I know. If I insinuated something else it was an accident.

I'm not 100% sure what kind of fanbase the other two bands have, but Symphony X definitely has the popularity to headline the tour. All 4 shows I've seen have been relatively full.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
so is Nevermore for sure headlining? i have no idea how big Nevermore's fanbase is
I'm as big of a Nevermore fan as there can probably be on this board and even I can't say for certian the size of their fanbase. They've never had great albums sales but tracking album sales has always been flawed I think. They do have a very dedicated cult following so the possibility of them headlining this isn't out of the question. The main problem is that a couple of members had health issues and then they did side projects. So it's been 5 years since Nevermore has released anything new. So the fanbase may have dwindled a bit due to the large period between new releases.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Having never seen any of the bands live, I have no idea what any of these bands draw around here. I know the last time Symphony X played here they played the upstairs stage at the Palladium (which holds a few hundred, not sure of the figure), but they sold it out on a Wednesday night from what I hear. I'm not particularly sure, but I thought I remembered hearing a lot of reports that the turnout on the last Candlemass tour in the States was awful.

I'm willing to bet it's Symphony X or Nevermore headlining, not Candlemass if that last part is true. It could be a toss-up between the two, though. A few people on the ProgPower board mentioned that Nevermore have done support for bigger bands opposed to headlining dates, which would give them more exposure than the headlining tours SymX has done - but the only bands I can think of that they've supported are Megadeth and In Flames. I'm sure there are more (I think they toured with Savatage in 2001 or something), but those are the only ones I know for sure.

I would personally like Nevermore to headline, but would be satisfied if Symphony X headlined, so long as Nevermore doesn't open, though Candlemass don't deserve to open, either. Damnit.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Sure, Nevermore and Symphony X are good.

But Candlemass are fucking legends.
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 04-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Unhealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
Having never seen any of the bands live, I have no idea what any of these bands draw around here. I know the last time Symphony X played here they played the upstairs stage at the Palladium (which holds a few hundred, not sure of the figure), but they sold it out on a Wednesday night from what I hear.
That show was actually supposed to be downstairs, but they moved it upstairs something like three days before the show. And I was honestly surprised to hear that they sold it out - it didn't seem anywhere near as packed as it was for Epica or the Finnish Metal show, but granted, those are the only two other shows I've seen upstairs. They played at the Webster a few months earlier and the turnout wasn't that great, but that was a Thursday. They sold out the Middle East in Boston the night after, though.

My gut says that Nevermore's headlining, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:29 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Symphony X are probably my favorite of those 3, too...

But, holy shit. Fucking awesome, yo.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:30 PM
We're dying on the inside

I feel infinitely less bad about missing Gigantour 2005 now, since Symphony X and Nevermore were the two big ones from that show that I still haven't seen.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I feel infinitely less bad about missing Gigantour 2005 now, since Symphony X and Nevermore were the two big ones from that show that I still haven't seen.
Oh, yeah, they were both on Gigantour 2005, huh?

So, forget what I said about supporting Megadeth being a possible factor in Nevermore headlining
Old 04-29-2010, 07:42 PM
That Guy

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This fucking tour better hit Minnesota!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:48 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This fucking tour better hit Minnesota!!!
If it doesn't, I wont care too much. I'm willing to drive a very long distance to see two of my absolute favorite bands.