Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014

Old 05-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Kneeling Whaler

Porcupine Tree -- Buffalo, NY -- May 4th, 2010

Backstory: Porcupine Tree announces 2nd leg, includes Pittsburgh date, Pittsburgh date ends up being 21+, with Buffalo being the closest All Ages date. Since it's Porcupine Tree!!...and Bigelf!!, there was no way I was missing this. And so:

Bigelf: Seeing these guys at last year's Prog Nation really got me and I had high hopes for seeing these guys a second time, which really lived up to my expectations in a club setting. They only played 35 minutes, which was disappointing, but satisfying all the same. I really hope these guys go places, they're definitely one of the most underrated bands out there.

The Evils of Rock & Roll
Painkillers
Neuropsychopathic Eye
Blackball
Hydra (w/ 'Disappear' passages)
Money, It's Pure Evil
Money Machine

Porcupine Tree: Steven Wilson can probably be best summarized as Geddy Lee doing his best Mikael Akerfeldt impersonation. Great frontman, professional, but really loose live. Same goes for the rhythm section.. And it was a truly revelational performance of their material for this tour. They announced their Radio City Music Hall show on September 24th which will conclude the touring cycle for the album. So I just had to see this before 'who knows when'... Of course there was a video wall for the performance in the same fashion as Mastodon where they show psychedelic visual aid to the album and whatever they could find to the other stuff..

The Incident - Disc 1
---
The Start Of Something Beautiful
Buying New Soul
Anesthetize (mid)
Stars Die
Way Out Of Hear
Normal
Bonnie The Cat
---
The Sound of Muzak
Trains (both dedicated to the Lava Records exec who was at the show apparently)

setlist.fm has this as well, I suppose...
Old 05-05-2010, 05:30 AM
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...

I really think that the Pittsburgh show is going to suck for them. Smalls is way too small for them to play and I don't even think it has video screen support. Add to that they're cutting out half of their audience, I do not think they'll be coming back to Pittsburgh.
Pallbearer: 10/28
Old 05-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moobys37 View Post
I really think that the Pittsburgh show is going to suck for them. Smalls is way too small for them to play and I don't even think it has video screen support. Add to that they're cutting out half of their audience, I do not think they'll be coming back to Pittsburgh.
I don't think that Mr. Smalls is too small for them at all, just look at all the other bands who have played there in the past couple years.

Anyways... It's a 21+ show? I didn't know that. Why isn't it all ages?
Old 05-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Kneeling Whaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by moobys37 View Post
GWAR uses video screen support and they have a contract with the venue since they cut their most recent live album there. And Dimmu Borgir were able to use their massive video screens at Smalls on their last US Headlining tour; granted the ticket was like $30..

I'm guessing the 21+ it might either have to do with the capacity of the place, or the Fan Club demand, because I noticed Fan Club members got early access into the venue at the Buffalo show, and the majority of them looked to be older. Still sucks though since it's a fantastic billing.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackmoreOfBowling View Post
GWAR uses video screen support and they have a contract with the venue since they cut their most recent live album there. And Dimmu Borgir were able to use their massive video screens at Smalls on their last US Headlining tour; granted the ticket was like $30..

I'm guessing the 21+ it might either have to do with the capacity of the place, or the Fan Club demand, because I noticed Fan Club members got early access into the venue at the Buffalo show, and the majority of them looked to be older. Still sucks though since it's a fantastic billing.
I did not realize that Porcupine Tree was so popular...

Tags
bigelf, porcupine tree